Karma Supporters Unite!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Naokazu

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charofry View Post
If I had known this would be the outcome, I would have been more than happy to download the PBE client.
Me too, when they announced the new kit I didn't realize they would be nerfing all the values on her abilities.

Silkdawn

04-01-2013

In the few matches Ive played Karma anew, Ive noticed that she actually DO have some support abilities left, yeah after what Riot said I didnt had much hope, but I still miss her as a possible TRUE supporter.

Doing the slows and speeds gets boring. I want shield and heals too. No, her shield sucks, her heal is only for herself and takes away the abilitiy to support others if doing so. Her only support is slows and speeds. How good they are I leave for others to decide, but for me its, meh.

EDIT: Oh yeah almost forgot... *BEEP* you Riot for doing another underpar pointless half*BEEP*ed supporter which we already have plenty off instead of making a good supporter. Which she funny enough despite what youve said actually was before.

Voluug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naokazu View Post
Most players don't want to download the PBE client. It's that simple.
Mora that that, PBE sign-up was off until a few (3-4) days before her relaunch. SO not much could have been said about her in that time.

flattt

04-01-2013

I feel like they have seperated Karma from her Fan Base (pun).
but more than that she isnt anything special now, so she will more than likely see LESS play than she did pre rework.

Nyadnar17

04-01-2013

I spent all weekend trying and failing at support Karma. It wasn't my team, the weak link was always me.

1)As others have said the fact that you can't save Mantra charges anymore combined with the long cooldown means that other support can harass you and your carry at will once you blow it. Since Mantra+Shield is actually Karma's main "threat" they can actually harass in-between shield cooldowns and Mantra's extra long cooldown.

2)If you level the Shield then your Q poke doesn't hit hard enough to be a threat pass level 4. If you level the Q then the Shield is useless and if you ignore leveling your W to keep them both at even then you lose out on your main form of CC. The base damage of Karma's abilities may be fine for mid or top Karma, but they are too low for Support Karma, especially with Mantra's cooldown.

3)What exactly is Support Karma suppose to do endgame? Her shield needs large amounts of AP to be useful so magic pen isn't that useful and as a support you are spending large chunks of cash on wards and support items. Karma is very item dependent to stay competitive. Again that is fine for a Top/Mid but it is really frustrating as support.

Charofry

04-01-2013

And support Karma was really really legit with her old kit, minus her W, which still weirdly worked well if somebody knew how to use it with you. The speed boost was crazy and helped close or widen gaps, depending on the situation. Overall, her old kit was much better as a support, and with the new one, Riot is pushing towards her being a mid/top lane (the weakest of her kind). But we already know all of this.

Dakadoon

09-04-2013

Honestly, before, if anything I would say that Karma needed a slight nerf. Every game that I played with her was pure ownage in every way. This is much worse than a nerf, though, it is an entirely new champion. As is brought up again and again, the most terrible thing is her passive. Before Karma was good at support because she could not build any AP and still have 100. Now she's not even Karma anymore.

soulshot268

09-06-2013

I love this thread. Because i to love and miss old karma. New karma cant do her job at all and is always weak in everything. Old karma was fun she offered a play style that allowed you to help allies and hurt enemys (just like i dunno karma) New karma is armed for a field she cant win in. she cant mid every one out ranges her. she cant top every one has wicked gap closers and she is really weak and dies.

BOTTOM LINE old karma was fun and good new karma cant do ****

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=3830893

themaddscientist

09-06-2013

I have never played a lot of Karma, but I'm glad that this thread exists. I tried her out during the free week to see how she worked as a support, and was disappointed. She was a feared mid laner that I saw once in a while and who could absolutely wreck face if played right. Now, she's just lackluster.