Karma Supporters Unite!

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Charofry

Member

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naokazu View Post
Really, her E's nerfs were threefold; first it's weaker, duh, second she doesn't have her AP passive anymore, and third she doesn't level it first anymore since shield-bombing is no longer her preferred method of harassment (unless playing 0CS support). All of this together make it next to worthless outside of the mediocre speed boost.
Well put.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Charofry

Member

03-31-2013

I've been thinking, and the sad thing about this is, with her being just remade and whatnot, Riot will most likely keep her the way she is for awhile, due to the fact that they put a lot of time into this project (as far as we know) and there's very little chance that anything immediate will be done about her, except for buffing her current stats and abilities with patches. She was a fun champion before and less than alright champion now. I suppose we'll live with this, but I do wish that there was more player say in her development from gamers who legitimately played her. Riot is a gamer based program. They do appreciate what we have to say, but I wish they would have asked more people and gave more choices for the players to choose from. Ask the minority of people who knew how to play her what was wrong, instead of just following the majority of people who didn't understand her playstyle.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doom Maggot

Senior Member

03-31-2013

Everyone is referring to how much worse a support she is, when her top lane was gutted.
She used to out lane yorick before the rework.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Feynt

Senior Member

03-31-2013

Actually Karma has been in testing for weeks and/or months, freely available for people to try and comment on. I trusted that the people who played her in PBE knew what they were doing, but obviously none of them knew how to play the old Karma.

I think everyone agrees, Focused Resolve (the W root) is a good skill for its effect on an enemy, but I cannot abide the other changes to Karma. Her passive made her favour high health and taking risks, and thus Rylai's Crystal Sceptre was a constant purchase (for me anyways). Her Heavenly Wave was a great help in team fights and did more damage than Inner Flame without the use of Mantra. And her shield went from being the best non-ult shield in the game (Janna's is only slightly stronger at high AP, but who besides me does that?) with an equivalent shield:damage AoE when Mantra'd, to the weakest shield (next to one proc of Lux's) with a kind of lackluster AoE that gives your target (and possibly your team) a short move speed buff. And I really, really feel the lack of a Mantra charge system.

In short, unless she's rolled back, I'm done with Karma. Everyone does her job better now, especially now Janna.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Naokazu

Senior Member

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feynt View Post
Actually Karma has been in testing for weeks and/or months, freely available for people to try and comment on. I trusted that the people who played her in PBE knew what they were doing, but obviously none of them knew how to play the old Karma.

I think everyone agrees, Focused Resolve (the W root) is a good skill for its effect on an enemy, but I cannot abide the other changes to Karma. Her passive made her favour high health and taking risks, and thus Rylai's Crystal Sceptre was a constant purchase (for me anyways). Her Heavenly Wave was a great help in team fights and did more damage than Inner Flame without the use of Mantra. And her shield went from being the best non-ult shield in the game (Janna's is only slightly stronger at high AP, but who besides me does that?) with an equivalent shield:damage AoE when Mantra'd, to the weakest shield (next to one proc of Lux's) with a kind of lackluster AoE that gives your target (and possibly your team) a short move speed buff. And I really, really feel the lack of a Mantra charge system.

In short, unless she's rolled back, I'm done with Karma. Everyone does her job better now, especially now Janna.
Most players don't want to download the PBE client. It's that simple.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FrozenBlades

Senior Member

03-31-2013

Good points, i posted my ideas, http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=36226789 here, you should take a look


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Charofry

Member

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naokazu View Post
Most players don't want to download the PBE client. It's that simple.
If I had known this would be the outcome, I would have been more than happy to download the PBE client.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

disjunctive

Junior Member

03-31-2013

I fear that she won't get as much attention now that she is on the live servers.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

niqht

Senior Member

03-31-2013

I think the biggest point is they never listened to any dedicated talk of improving Real Karma™, they did not follow through on the "extended testing" of new karma on PBE, and did not listen to tons of input on new karma before going live.

I have zero confidence in them doing anything of substance to correct this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ganiklis

Senior Member

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charofry View Post
I've been thinking, and the sad thing about this is, with her being just remade and whatnot, Riot will most likely keep her the way she is for awhile, due to the fact that they put a lot of time into this project (as far as we know) and there's very little chance that anything immediate will be done about her, except for buffing her current stats and abilities with patches. She was a fun champion before and less than alright champion now. I suppose we'll live with this, but I do wish that there was more player say in her development from gamers who legitimately played her. Riot is a gamer based program. They do appreciate what we have to say, but I wish they would have asked more people and gave more choices for the players to choose from. Ask the minority of people who knew how to play her what was wrong, instead of just following the majority of people who didn't understand her playstyle.
so very true


123