Mathematical Analysis of Karma in Relation to Other Support Mages

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Feynt

03-31-2013

I've always been bad with Lux, but I've always seen her potential. It's the thing that keeps bringing me back to playing her again. But comparing Karma to Lux/Morgana is a fair assessment I feel, for equivalent skill sets.

isabella valenti

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpandingEye View Post
Any number of fixes could improve her:

1) She needs her old passive back (in combo with her current text one)
2) She needs to be able to save mantra charges (up to 2 is fine)
3) Her W needs to be targettable on alies with some mantra effect
4) Her Mantra Q needs more slow or slightly bigger area

Right now her Mantra Skills seem like halfway towards an ultimate (from Q,W, E skills) in epicness. In reality, for her concept to work properly, they need to feel more like 66%-75% towards an ultimate instead of 50%.

She's almost there, but she's missing a few things :]
also the range of her mantra charged shield is too short!!

CerealBoxOfDoom

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feynt View Post
I've always been bad with Lux, but I've always seen her potential. It's the thing that keeps bringing me back to playing her again. But comparing Karma to Lux/Morgana is a fair assessment I feel, for equivalent skill sets.
lux's reach is honestly the thing that seperates the two a bit too hard to compare.

Morgana on the otherhand does similar team jobs to karma and as a mage fills about the same role until its time to teamfight

CerealBoxOfDoom

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabella valenti View Post
also the range of her mantra charged shield is too short!!
800 + whatever the radius is too short? Youre just out of position lol

disjunctive

03-31-2013

I have to agree with the general message of this thread. The new karma is definitely lacking something. In mid, she doesn't put out enough damage or feel as useful as my other champions (Ziggs, Xerath, Morgana). As a support, she feels outclassed by my Soraka, Janna, and Nami.

In teamfights, I get to use 1 mantra charge and then randomly die. When I don't die, I am basically auto attacking waiting for cooldowns to refresh.

CerealBoxOfDoom

03-31-2013

you know what... I just played around with W in a bot game and wasnt building AP or using any magic penetration. There's something funny about the math on that Q and I suspect that maxing E might actually be worth it. If I remember correctly, bots don't have any sort of funny resistance handicap right?

Cuz if they don't then theres math to be done. But then again I'm running alot of CDR runes. and 21/0/9 masteries even when playing support

Feynt

03-31-2013

I tried maxing E first, particularly in the same game I was playing around with high mana/AP early. Ideally those two things together should have made her a great defender partner for her lane partner. I do it on Lulu and Janna to great effect, and did it on Karma before with the same results. This time, whenever I relied on her shield to defend me or my poor little Koggy, it failed every time. With no Q to fight back or heal with the best I could do was spam the shield defensively to help get people out of engagement range after they poked. The people who DO like Karma's shield seem to like it for the movement speed boost as well, not the actual shield. The shield is like it's incidental now. "Here, have a massive speed buff for 1.5 seconds! Use your ult and it makes everyone faster for a while! Oh and we shoehorned a shield in there as well, that's why it's only 1.5 seconds, hope you like it!" >/

CerealBoxOfDoom

03-31-2013

Quote:
I tried maxing E first, particularly in the same game I was playing around with high mana/AP early. Ideally those two things together should have made her a great defender partner for her lane partner. I do it on Lulu and Janna to great effect, and did it on Karma before with the same results. This time, whenever I relied on her shield to defend me or my poor little Koggy, it failed every time. With no Q to fight back or heal with the best I could do was spam the shield defensively to help get people out of engagement range after they poked. The people who DO like Karma's shield seem to like it for the movement speed boost as well, not the actual shield. The shield is like it's incidental now. "Here, have a massive speed buff for 1.5 seconds! Use your ult and it makes everyone faster for a while! Oh and we shoehorned a shield in there as well, that's why it's only 1.5 seconds, hope you like it!" >/
What kind of runes and masteries do you use?

Feynt

03-31-2013

Admittedly not the best runes. MR/Aspd/Armour generic runes which works for mostly everyone (because I like that little bit extra for aspd). Masteries I try to play support (heavy into utility, 9 offense), though that particular game I did my offensive AP mastery build (all the relevant AP damage boosts from offense and a bit into utility).

CerealBoxOfDoom

03-31-2013

Quote:
Admittedly not the best runes. MR/Aspd/Armour generic runes which works for mostly everyone (because I like that little bit extra for aspd). Masteries I try to play support (heavy into utility, 9 offense), though that particular game I did my offensive AP mastery build (all the relevant AP damage boosts from offense and a bit into utility).
try her with a typical mage page.

21/0/9

ap quints and blues
mana regen yellows
magic penetration reds

I myself am using scaling AP and CDR quints and blues
HP reds
random yellows.