Leaver buster

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dinaru

04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleb bartlett View Post
leavebuster will only hit on someone if they are constantly leaving. If it's the occasional bad net connection it won't effect them. I've had my net cut out many times in the time i've played, and i have never had so much as a warning because i don't ever leave (i am talkin about normal games, not aram, but i don't leave there either). The ones that DO get leavebuster suspended are the ones who do it on a constant regular basis, so yes, leavebuster IS the way to go.
Some people have internet connections that will go out EVERY. SINGLE. GAME.

Custom games with FRIENDS who already know the problem would result in no one reporting them. If Leaver Buster would be working even then, this person would have only one choice: uninstall the game.

That's bad.

Zielmann

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinaru View Post
Some people have internet connections that will go out EVERY. SINGLE. GAME.

Custom games with FRIENDS who already know the problem would result in no one reporting them. If Leaver Buster would be working even then, this person would have only one choice: uninstall the game.

That's bad.
It'll be implemented on the normal queue for ARAM when it comes out. I think your custom games should still be fine.

Captain Doomsday

04-02-2013

Yes, yes, yes. If you're not tough enough to stick with whatever champ ARAM gives you, you deserve to be penalized for inconveniencing every other player to indulge your own cowardice.
People are so accustomed to dodging on Proving Grounds that assembling an ABAM game is a challenge.

Dinaru

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zielmann View Post
It'll be implemented on the normal queue for ARAM when it comes out. I think your custom games should still be fine.
Which is what I was addressing. People were saying Leaver Buster should work in Custom Games, and I explained why it shouldn't.

For Custom Games, reports are needed, as you can't really tell if it was a friends-only game and even if every player was aware that one of the players was very likely to disconnect - if someone reported, then that person wasn't fine with it and, then, the leaver needs to be punished.