Leaver buster

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kizuke21

Junior Member

03-31-2013

Riot really needs to make leaver buster affect custom games. My friend and I just spent the last hour or 2 trying to make an ARAM game, and every time we got into champ select people waited till the last 5 seconds and quit. I really think people need to be punished for doing so. I've been trying to play all day but because of the leavers I haven't gotten to.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zielmann

Senior Member

03-31-2013

It's like people don't actually keep up-to-date with news about the game...

Riot's actually creating a normal queue for ARAM. Part of this will include dodge penalties, LeaverBuster, etc. It's still on the way (queue hasn't hit PBE yet), but they're getting close.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

Senior Member

03-31-2013

Leaverbuster doesn't affect players who leave before a game starts.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kaleb bartlett

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Leaverbuster doesn't affect players who leave before a game starts.
since they put in the confirm to join a game it has.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zielmann

Senior Member

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleb bartlett View Post
since they put in the confirm to join a game it has.
I think he was talking about the dodging problem in ARAMs


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ganjii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-31-2013

Seriously I'm not a leaver, but I could care less about people leaving in Proving Grounds.. It's the Ranked play that matters the most. When people leave in custom games it doesn't effect me. I lose nothing. However in ranked, I lose League Points, and that's what matters the most.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

Senior Member

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganjii View Post
Seriously I'm not a leaver, but I could care less about people leaving in Proving Grounds.. It's the Ranked play that matters the most. When people leave in custom games it doesn't effect me. I lose nothing. However in ranked, I lose League Points, and that's what matters the most.
So at what point, after sitting in failed champ select after failed champ select, would you say it starts to affect you? Like how many minutes of wasted time just trying to start a game?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dinaru

Member

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
So at what point, after sitting in failed champ select after failed champ select, would you say it starts to affect you? Like how many minutes of wasted time just trying to start a game?
He's saying he's so pro that "silly custom game" are irrelevant and he doesn't just care about people leaving.

Which probably means he's the one doing the leaving. The only people I tend to see with the "jeez, it's just ARAM, stop that whole complaining about leavers" attitude are the ones trying to not get reported. They usually fork into "It's custom game. Reports are meaningless here" too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganjii View Post
Seriously I'm not a leaver, but I could care less about people leaving in Proving Grounds.. It's the Ranked play that matters the most. When people leave in custom games it doesn't effect me. I lose nothing. However in ranked, I lose League Points, and that's what matters the most.
It's against the rules and they are making you waste time.

I imagine you'd treat Normals in the same manner then? How would you like your epic 1-hour match to end abruptly in a very unsatisfying manner because a teammate left? Or even an enemy.

If this was another kind of game and a leaver both wasn't all that important or someone would show up and replace it near instantly with no harm done, sure, leaving is no problem at all. But that isn't the case.

I guess I could somewhat forgive that if as soon as someone lefts I was given the option of leaving myself - no penalties incurred. It just sucks when someone leaves at 2 minutes and doesn't come back and you have to stick there until at least 20 minutes. It's a huge waste of time and I shouldn't be forced into it.

EDIT: Still, I don't think Leaver Buster is the way to go. Automatic banning of leavers would end up getting the folks that aren't causing any harm - the ones with bad internet connections or what have you that are only playing with friends.

I actually don't think anything needs to be done. People just have to get up and report. If everyone who remained reported each leaver, they'd all get banned.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Theungry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-01-2013

No matter how you slice it, this entire conversation will be irrelevant with Howling Abyss... so who cares? Riot isn't going to waste development time making adjustments to a map mode that is already moments away from being replaced forever.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kaleb bartlett

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinaru View Post
EDIT: Still, I don't think Leaver Buster is the way to go. Automatic banning of leavers would end up getting the folks that aren't causing any harm - the ones with bad internet connections or what have you that are only playing with friends.
leavebuster will only hit on someone if they are constantly leaving. If it's the occasional bad net connection it won't effect them. I've had my net cut out many times in the time i've played, and i have never had so much as a warning because i don't ever leave (i am talkin about normal games, not aram, but i don't leave there either). The ones that DO get leavebuster suspended are the ones who do it on a constant regular basis, so yes, leavebuster IS the way to go.


12