ATI Radeon X1600 compatibility?

First Riot Post
12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thunder Blaster

02-13-2013

Boompje informed me that the reason I get a black screen after champ select is because my gfx card isn't compatible. Is this true, AND if so, will it become compatible?

I only ask because I've never had an issue with it on all previous LoL's.

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

02-13-2013
1 of 10 Riot Posts

Can you post the serial# on the bottom of your mac for me? This will help me find the exact technical specifications of your Mac and give a better answer .

M3ANROCK

02-17-2013

I'm not going to post my serial serial number but I have the same graphics card and have the following:

MacBook Pro 2,2
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16 GHz
ATI ATY,Radeon X1600 128MB VRAM
4GB of RAM
Running OSX 10.6.8

Is that enough info RiotBrentmeister? Thanks in advance buddy!

Boompje

Senior Wrenchmen

02-17-2013

Go to the apple on top left of your screen
-> About this Mac
-> More info...
There you should see a bunch of data, including pretty much everything you wrote down there. The Serial number is one of them. Don't worry, the Serial number is incorporated into your mac, and cannot be abused by others

M3ANROCK

02-19-2013

Not sure what use the serial number will be, I'll PM it to you on the boompje website when I get home.

Boompje

Senior Wrenchmen

02-19-2013

You can just write it down here, it's safe. It's not like a registration key. It is just a number that indicates your exact hardware configuration

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

02-19-2013
2 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ANROCK View Post
Not sure what use the serial number will be, I'll PM it to you on the boompje website when I get home.
You can put it into a website like this one:
http://support.apple.com/specs/
and it gives the exact layout of the hardware in the machine(try it out!).

From the specifications you've already provided I can tell you that you may have a hard time running the game. It's a card that's almost 7 years old now. From the 128MB of VRAM you appear to have the pro series which was the lower end version of the card(the higher end being the XT with 256MB of VRAM; not sure if Apple made that available, or even if it was available in Mobile form).

My suggestions would of course be to start with everything at Very Low settings. Resolution 1024x768 with V-Sync turned off in FullScreen mode. This should help you reach the optimum framerate.

M3ANROCK

02-19-2013

I'd love to adjust those settings, but as stated in the original post, I can't even get into the game. After champion select the screen just goes black until I force quit the game, no matter how long I wait.

Now I have been able to play the Wine port with some adjustments (constant disabling of glsl and all settings at very low) and it keeps between 25-30 FPS. I really like that site, can't believe I didn't know about it before this point! This is my exact model: http://support.apple.com/kb/SP24 (The far left, MA609LL version)

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help out!

M3ANROCK

02-19-2013

I'm also planning on trying to find the config file and see if adjusting that manually will enable me to get into the actual game.

M3ANROCK

02-19-2013

Also note I have upgraded it to 4GB of RAM not the 1GB it came with.

12345 ... 7