Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[guide] Blitzcrank: The steam-powered **** machine

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Khajeh

12-09-2009

Condon, outstanding guide again. Thanks so much for taking the time to write it.

I also would love to see a Mundo guide. I have played against some terrifying Mundo's and would love some insight on how to play him.

cheers.

TZED

12-11-2009

Great guide man and a very good approach in all playstyles of Blitz. I just want to add that if you choose smite as one of your spells you will probably get all those awsome grabs you could get if this minion wasn't in front of you. It's smite-on-minion+grab almost synchronized=robo hugs.

Also it keeps heimer-annie and shaco in line becuase when they get minions out they are a bit pesty.

Keep on making us laugh with your comments and our enemies when we use your info

Sedon

12-11-2009

Amazing guide.

Brim

12-12-2009

dude i ****ing loves this post! I'm a huge fan of blitzcrank, as he is my main while rocking the rusty skin. After reading this post It makes me want to rework my build a little, so thanks for the helpful tips.

WatchOutFOOOL

12-12-2009

awesome guide, i play blitz all the time and i pretty much follow your guide already to the tee other than the item builds late game, i will try it out.

Brontobeuf

12-15-2009

Great guide. Too much * maybe.

Differences with my Blitz & reasons:

- Items:
Because of my rune page, I directly skip the pendant->philostone to build the sheen earlier. Beside that, same than you. I'm finding myself having the Trinity frequently before the Infinity, but it's game dependant.

- Runes:
* Blue = mana regen
* Yellow = mana regen
* Red = crit dmg
* Quint = health regen
Why so much lose in my rune page ? Just because I hate when I see my opponents regenerating during the laning phase so I've concluded that if I regen as well with runes, they're gonna hate it.
I prefer doing 5/0/2, saving the money cost of the philo stone and having ****py end game runes than doing 1/2/1 and having strong end game runes. That's definitly not in the stone, and I'd be glad to read some good ideas/flamings on that.

* Masteries:
No clue. I'm changing that every two games. Now I'm 27/0/3 and I will probably test 9/0/21 this evening. Need ideas.

* Skills order:
Same than you. I pump the grab (I love the dmg). Overdrive is pumped later.

Anyway, keep doing guides dude, because you definitly have the skill for that, and we share our visions for Singed, Gangplank & Blitzbot, so you definitly can't be that wrong. :]

Mortox

01-05-2010

Great guide. thanks for posting!

I recently started playing Blitz as he looked really interesting to me and I rarely saw anyone playing him. Using the guide as a starting point I've improved my game with him tremendously.

As mentioned by a few people above, I too usually just skip straight into building the Sheen, starting with a Sapphire and 2 Health pots, and rarely have much trouble going that way.

Although I attempt to build my items to suit each specific match-up, I find I usually go Sheen>Boots (depending on matchup either mercury, speed, or ninja)>Zeal>Phage>Trinity then normally work towards something with an Aura, more often Soul Shroud. If someone else in my groups covering the Aura gear then I usually start working on a couple Sunfire Capes.

Normally I end up with about a 2:1 K/D ratio and a ton of assists. Blitzcrank's definitly a versatile character, able to pump out a ****load of damage on his own or set up some ridiculous ganks. I find it's quite easy to score first blood/early game kills too depending on lane partners.

Borbag

01-05-2010

Excellent Guide but do you really need a guide for Blitz. I have played tank, Dmg, Ap. Hes a noob hero very hard not to win with him. Rocket Grab pull them to the you turret Knock them up to make sure the turret kills them early game. Mid Game Pull them to your team with Rocket Grab, Knock them up to keep them in killing range. Late Game, you guess it Rocket grab any champs trying to def the turrets your tanking and Knock them up.

Lightwrks

01-13-2010

Been tweaking it a lot lately, but I think I have gotten my ideal mastery build for Blitz.

http://leaguecraft.com/masteries/3100340000000000000000000000113040130030300

Now I need to put some more thought into runes!

Rhatha

01-14-2010

A bit crude, but always a good read.

A Blitz that can hit his hooks is one of the scariest things in the game, and I'll admit to a fair amount of nerd rage in the past. It was helpful to have comments emphasizing the details that people might miss, e.g. the making sure to use your Sheen procs. Clarity s a mistake, I agree, having tried it earlier with no clue what to do with him. I could see clairvoyance being very useful for catching people with their pants down through the trees, if you can be ready to fire the instant you see them.

FWIW, my favorite champions are Nidalee and Anivia, if you ever get interested in a guide on those. I've been thinking about writing something of my own with Nid as I've seen at least 5 different variations, none of which can agree on strategy.