Frequently Asked Questions or Mechanics

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Angry Maniac

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2011

Can some1 explain dodge in greater detail i've read it 5 times and im completely lost

Angry Maniac

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2011

when you said Unique item stats do not stack ex. infinity edge with infinity edge, does that also apply do two items that are different ex. deathfire grasp with stinger?

deathfire grasp 15% cooldown reduc. + stinger 10% cooldown reduc. = ?25% or 15% or 10%

ALSO

when reading the dodge section
Is there a difference in dodge% if the phantom dancer was calculated before the boots?
if yes
is there and order to the dodge% being applied?

hayleymoe

03-20-2011

What does that mean when it says loss forgiven

Journeyboy

03-26-2011

can you explain in what order does MR and Armor work (flat/%) you explained pen but not reduc

NaginataX

03-30-2011

You mention the information is up-to-date, but you say phantom dancer gives 20% dodge...?

Geiun

04-09-2011

What would happen, if, hypothetically, I used taunt as shen/rammus/galio and then immediately used zhonya's hourglass?

ValheruWolf

04-12-2011

Heh. Found out a thread was being necro-posted because of a link in this stickied thread, please change the abbreviation link thread to http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=42052 instead of the dead thread that people keep reviving and others are wondering why.

Also the link to the runes guide goes nowhere. Still trying to find a more comphensive guide on it, then the sticked one, which has basic Q&A and the learning center which is just a huge list to read through.

Good game and I'm having fun playing my first type of game like this.

LawliPOP

04-12-2011

i heart stumps.

Keen Kigoi

04-15-2011

Ive been looking for breakdown on mana, but havent been successful.

With items like tear of the goddess and archangels staff which add permanent mana it is possible to raise maximum mana. My question is, do all champions that use mana gain the same amount of mana per level or does it vary? Is there an easy formula to calculate the addition. It has seemed to me that when using the above mentioned items that my characters maximum mana goes up but it does not reflect that on the item. It can make it difficult to track how much of the cap of +1000 mana I have gotten so far.

From my understanding from reading earlier in this thread, it is possible to get 1000 from Tear of the Goddess, then Another from making and maxing Archangels staff, and apparently you can make another Tear. Disregarding how long the game would have to be and how many spells you would have to cast to do this... would you not lose the initial 1000 from the first Tear when you make an Archangels Staff since the item is no longer in your inventory? Items like Bloodthirster have their stats increase with kills and it reflects on the item itself. Or is the +mana permanent after the item is sold/upgraded?

I r teh confused...

Strill

04-16-2011

Quote:
Q: How does dodge work?
While it's correct, I've noticed that the benefits of dodge are often widely misunderstood. For example, many people get temped to think that 75% dodge means you survive 75% longer, even though it means you survive (1/(1-0.75)) = 400% longer. Thus some people shun going from say, 80% to 83% dodge even though it represents a survivability increase of about 18%.

I'm not sure how to explain it without making it overly complicated, but it seems like there should be a note that the benefits from your final dodge percentage are non-linear and have increasing returns.