Frequently Asked Questions or Mechanics

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bahamutkaiser

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-02-2010

Yeah, this thread needs to be replaced with a current revision, I can't even find the question I posted ages ago, nor an answer because there are so many pages, and it could be edited into the OP for better access. My original question was how does spell vampirisim stack. I'm just assuming that it's additive like lifesteal, but I'm not a tester of stats. It's really not that important since nobody ever gets more than one hextech/will of ancients most of the time, but it was an interesting question. Either way, it would get lost in all these posts, please do a refresh or at least update the OP.

alxWarlord

09-02-2010

oh and how do we calculate atack speed?

Jadelert

09-07-2010

Okay sry if the question was asked.. but i read 10 page and when i saw there was 36 page.. i was like ><"

problably just me that doesn't understand the armor pen system.. but i want to know for sure something...i got told that only stark and black cleaver could make possible to get armor in minus on a champ

but everyone speak about armor pen.. and armor reduction.. i would like first to know what is considered as a armor pen.. and what is considered as a armor reduction (if it not only last whisper)

and i would also want to know.. is by exemple if ashe has 25 armor and i have 30 armor pen.. she have -5armor or 0...

and if she get to 0... if i get a brutaliser.. does she get -15.. or it stay at 0..

because seriously it compliquated..people say only armor pen does penetrat armor below 0.. and some say only stark and black cleaver cause they are debuff.. but what about rune... is it count like item or what...

well thanks in advance for that.. i know it not the first time i ask...but everyone is saying differant thing

Jadelert

09-07-2010

Also i would like to know what is Flat/Linear Armor pen

Eat dat chammich

09-09-2010

Does your current Cooldown Reduction apply at the moment of cast or does the spell Cooldown faster if I gain CDR while it is cooling?

For instance: I use Nasus' ult to get a quick blue buff. Does the spell cooldown in the base 120 seconds or the 84 seconds it would with the 30% CDR buff?

Jadelert

09-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat dat chammich View Post
Does your current Cooldown Reduction apply at the moment of cast or does the spell Cooldown faster if I gain CDR while it is cooling?

For instance: I use Nasus' ult to get a quick blue buff. Does the spell cooldown in the base 120 seconds or the 84 seconds it would with the 30% CDR buff?
The coldown will be reduce on your spell.. if your spell has 100 sec coldown.. and you got 40% coldown reduc... then u will have only 60 sec (40% is the max btw)

JCalton

09-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpster View Post
If you were to pick up two Infinity Edges, you would have the following stats:

+160 DMG
+40% Crit
UNIQUE Passive: Critical hits now deal 250% damage instead of 200%.

Note that both the damage and critical chance stack additively, but because the passive to the Infinity Edge is UNIQUE, you cannot be affected by that more than once.
This might be the worst possible example for item auras.
This item can't stack because it's redundant.

The aura reads as "now deal 250% damage instead of 200%." So if you had 3 theoretical non-unique versions, you would have three items that read:
Critical hits now deal 250% damage instead of 200%.

It's not adding +50% crit damage...it's resetting it to 250%. No matter how many you had (Infinite Edges?), mechanically it would still be 250%.

Xurface

09-14-2010

Quote:
Q: What are these diminishing movement returns? (Credit to Guinsoo)

A: For each point of movement you would have above 490, that amount is reduced by 50%. So if your final movement speed was 748, it would be reduced to 490 + (748-490)*0.5 = 604. For each point of movement you would have above 415, it is reduced by 20%. So if your speed after all mods was 445, you would end with 415 + 30 * 0.8 = 439.
1. 748 -> ((748-415)*0,8-65)*0,5+415=515,7
2. 748 -> (748-490)*0,5+65)*0,2+415=570,2

So which is true? Because it's not equal 604. (604 is still above 415.)

Urushiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2010

Alot of good work thanks

SNIPER AMBOO

10-02-2010

i have a quistion since u guys know alot about league of legends why is my backround of the screen black like trees are black leaves are black and all u can see is characters and turrets