Frequently Asked Questions or Mechanics

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

QC Sniper

02-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skryner View Post
well it does mean that for every 9 kills you get a 10 one free. Early game that can make a big differance it you have an extra skill on your opponent

Yeah but i tryed several time and no exp point is added can someone tell me if its a bug or something i miss.

Lord Roo

02-03-2010

Do unique passives from different items stack?

For example the 250% crit damage from infinity edge and the 40% (maxed) crit damage from sword of the occult. Would I be at 290% crit damage?

Eberzelius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-04-2010

2 questions about MR penetration and reduction.

1: If I have enough MP to lower the enemy's MR to 0, plus MR reduction, which will be applied first?

2: How negated MR works? Is it the same principle as it is in non-negative?

SubtlePanda

02-06-2010

You can "dodge" spells another way, using the summoner spell Flash while the spell particle is still in the air.

h3dgehog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2010

i've never been much of a DotA player so i'm not fully usd to the terms people use in this sort of game

the questions:

>>whats a farmer champ? it's the fella who gathers gold or what?

>>what happens when i reset my masteries(besides reseting it -.-)?? Do I lose anything like a point or smth? or i just have to pay up to have them reseted?

thankyou to anyone who took the time to read and answer my questions.

FrozenStorm

02-09-2010

I'm sure this was mentioned previously, but in case it wasn't it's worth saying

Spells CAN be dodged in the current patch, using Flash

TiV3

02-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpster View Post
Q: What are these diminishing movement returns? (Credit to Guinsoo) A: For each point of movement you would have above 490, that amount is reduced by 50%. So if your final movement speed was 748, it would be reduced to 490 + (748-490)*0.5 = 604. For each point of movement you would have above 415, it is reduced by 20%. So if your speed after all mods was 445, you would end with 415 + 30 * 0.8 = 439.
This would mean you move a lot faster with undiminished MS of 491 than with undiminished MS of 489. So I think it'd make more sense that with undiminished MS 748, you'd get 415+75+119.62500=609.62500 actual MS
edit: or just 415+(93.75*0.8)+[(748-415-93.75)*0.5]=609.62500 if you don't care how I calculated stuff

(the 119.62500 comes from x=(748-415-(75*5/4) (*0.5; to diminish it) which comes from (748-415-x)*4/5=75 (x is how much of the MS isn't needed to close the gap to 490; and 4/5 is 0.8, I just prefer 4/5)

And if you just input 490+((748-490)*0.5) in google you get 619; I wonder how you calculated 604

But I'm not sure if MS beyond 490 gets diminished by 0.5 AND 0.8. In that case it'd end with 415 + 75 + (119.62500 * 0.8) = 585,7

edit2: thinking about it, I should just have calculated 75*5/4=93.75 uhh..

Avela

02-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineappleThis View Post
Does anyone know how much Frozen Mallet slows by its the only item/skill I've seen that doesn't give a % or amount just says slows for 2.5 seconds?
I believe Frozen Mallet give a 30% slow for ranged attacks and 40% for melee.

I see on the first page that someone's figured out which order armor pen reductions are calculated, but I don't understand. If I have Stark's and Last Whisper, does the 40% or the 25 armor pen get calculated first?

Avela

02-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by h3dgehog View Post
i've never been much of a DotA player so i'm not fully usd to the terms people use in this sort of game

the questions:

>>whats a farmer champ? it's the fella who gathers gold or what?

>>what happens when i reset my masteries(besides reseting it -.-)?? Do I lose anything like a point or smth? or i just have to pay up to have them reseted?

thankyou to anyone who took the time to read and answer my questions.
A farmer champion is someone who can quickly kill minions or NPCs for gold. An example would be Ashe, Twisted Fate, Nasus, or Anivia.

There is no penalty for resetting masteries.

smartAss

02-11-2010

Hello, I have some quetions abount damage source, so:

1) Sheen(Trinity Force) damage is physical or magical?
2) Siphonic strice (Nasus ability) the same...

I want to know does this damage adds to your attack and is physical (counts for lifelich, for example)?

thank you.