Frequently Asked Questions or Mechanics

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ksielvin

12-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORF View Post
I'm not sure why you say armour isn't diminishing returns. If you have 100 armour damage is reduced 50%, if you have 200 armour damage isn't reduced 100%, so isn't that obviously diminishing returns?
If you have 2000 health and someone is doing 500 physical dps, your life expectancy grows linearly as you add more armor:
0 armor: 4 seconds
100 armor: 8 seconds
200 armor: 12 seconds
300 armor: 16 seconds

And so forth. Many other games use the same system. It's not diminishing returns though you get less damage reduction percentage units per armor. (Those armor values result in 0%, 50%, 66.66% and 75% reduction respectively.)

melek

12-20-2009

Question: Does Thornmail return all damage, or only physical/standard attack damage?

Khajeh

12-21-2009

Stumpster,

How exactly does thornmail work? Is the damage returned based on the full damage output or is it the damage taken after armor reduction?

Also does mundo's cleaver and gankplank's parley apply things like executioners and malady?

And is the deathfire grasp attack affected by your magic penetration?

Thanks!

Stumpster

Adjudicator

12-21-2009

Thornmail only returns standard attack damage (before armor reduction), but it is affected by the magic resistance the original shooter has. Gangplank's parley applies everything, and is essentially a standard attack, but Mundo's cleaver doesn't. Not sure about DFG, but I'm assuming magic pen does affect it just like AP does.

d0raemon

12-22-2009

Does lifesteal and debuff stack? Lets say frozen mallet + vampiric scepter, or black cleaver + vampiric scepter.

How about 2 debuff? frozen mallet + black cleaver.

Do stacking items work the same way for range and melee?

Does sunfire cape stacking increase the damage to surrounding enemies?

PineappleThis

12-22-2009

I believe the answer is yes to everything. Everything that is uniquely different stacks, there is no problem of stacking like in dota. And sunfire capes do stack damage.

PineappleThis

12-22-2009

Does anyone know how much Frozen Mallet slows by its the only item/skill I've seen that doesn't give a % or amount just says slows for 2.5 seconds?

Azelf

12-22-2009

The champion passive skill (first one) how to improve it?

PineappleThis

12-22-2009

Azelf,

Every champion starts with a passive that improves automatically based on your champion level throughout the game (not your summoner level). They don't all improve but most do.

versatil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2009

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

2% dodge from masteries
2 x .75 dodge runes = 1.5
7 x .67 dodge runes = 4.69

2+
(98 * .0619) = 8.0662

yet in game I have only 7% dodge? in the rune book it shows 6.1% dodge so if

98 * .061 I would be just slightly under 8%.

if this is the case it's hardly appropriate seeing how the dodge runes themselves go by the hundredth of a percentage.

can someone get back to me on this?