Frequently Asked Questions or Mechanics

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PineappleThis

12-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBhorsenn View Post
Am i calculating correctly here:

If i have 3431HP and i have:

Deathfire Grasp 35 Magic Resist
Banshee's Vail 60 Magic Resist
Lich Bane 32 Magic Resist

That would be total 127 Magic Resist which would mean it would take 3431 * 127% = 4288 + 3431 Spell damage to kill me?

Surely that is wrong, it seems ridiculously high
Magic resist does not correlate a 1:1 ratio of % of magic resistance. If you move your cursor over the magic resist (or armor), while in the game, you will see the number you have say 100 magic resist, then it will tell you the % of reduction that you achieve. I don't know exactly what the correlation is I just know you can look up your % of reduction in the game.

Thats kind of like saying you have 100 armor so you take 100% reduced damage from physical damage.

Stumpster

Adjudicator

12-02-2009

@ aBhorsenn

That is correct.

Realize that having just 100 MR means casters do 50% damage, effectively doubling your HP. So it isn't a far stretch to see that 127 MR gives you a bit more than double EHP (effective HP). Also realize that having that much spent in items means the enemy caster is probably in the same boat, and in the case of someone like Annie that means each of her nukes hits for 5-600 damage a piece.

@ Ksiel

I'll try and make that bit clearer, thanks.

@ Flinck

Yes, it should.

@ Pinith

That's a good point, I think that I'll need some sort of disclaimer at the top just talking about what diminishing returns means, because it is pretty confusing.

chars709

12-02-2009

Hi, I'm learning this game with Alistar and I am just starting to realize his tower-battering capability. I have done forum searches on the topic but I can't seem to find the info I need about tower bashing. Can you help?

I'm looking for all tower-bashing stats and info. HP, armor, what item or hero abilities work on them, etc. I know from DOTA that standard DPS revolves around criticals and proc damage, to which DOTA towers are immune. Is it the same here? Would armor reduction or armor penetration help, or are towers immune to those abilities as well?

If someone can provide the raw data on tower weaknesses, I'd GLADLY play-test the **** out of item-builds that exploit them... *evil grin*

Stumpster

Adjudicator

12-03-2009

Before I help, I'm just going to let you know that Alistar's passive is one of the worst in the game. He has a very pathetic attack speed, and honestly you shouldn't be building him with damage to take towers out (even though it has been suggested before, there are better heroes to have if all you want to do is push).

Towers naturally have 1400 HP, although this is only in 1v1s. They scale based on the number of players in a game (towers in a 5v5 have something like 2500 or so). The armor of towers gets progressively stronger the closer you get to the enemy base, but tower armor starts degrading after a certain amount of time has passed to help break stalemates. As in DotA, towers in LoL are immune to the majority of spells and critical hits. The exception is Rammus's ultimate. Any armor penetration would help against turrets.

Khajeh

12-07-2009

Stumptster,

I was curious about black cleaver stacks. If my friend and I both have a black cleaver and we attack the same opponent does it cap at 5 stacks or 10? Is it the same if one person had two cleavers?

And do healing debuffs stack? Like executioners calling and tristana's attack or Katarina's blade? And do these debuffs affect only heals or health regen too?

Also, what is the range on item auras like frozen heart and starks? And when someone leaves the aura is the debuff lost immediately or is there a lasting duration?

Thanks so much!

PineappleThis

12-08-2009

Dear Stumpster,

Does the dodge(evasion) from runes also stack with the diminishing returns? How about with the 2% dodge from masteries?

I'm trying to determine if stacking evasion runes comes with diminishing returns and therefore is not as useful as I had originally thought.

Thanks.

Nooblakahn

12-08-2009

Dear Stumpster,

First let me thank you for helping us all out so much on the forum.

I've been play Sion recently and I have a few questions about his shield move: Death's caress. Currently the shield absorbs an additional 1 damage per each ability point placed in the skill, but I can't seem to find when exactly the damage absorption happens?

If it is a physical attack can it be dodged before absorbed? Does armor reduce the damage?

If it is a Magic attack does Banshee's veil block the damage first or does the shield? does magic resistance reduce the damage?

Needless to say, these factors make a BIG difference in the most efficient build.

PhoenixLark

12-09-2009

What is teemos passive ability? In game it's camouflage, on the site it's trailblaizer...
does it have both?

Autern

12-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrobinson587 View Post
What is teemos passive ability? In game it's camouflage, on the site it's trailblaizer...
does it have both?
Nope. He only has Camo. Trailblazer was removed due to performance issues.

mullsork

12-09-2009

Great guide!

I'm still uncertain if Jax really cannot dodge spells, sometimes it seems like he can. :-D