Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sona's ult needs to be looked at.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dagger Jaydo

Recruiter

11-05-2010

If you play as Sona, you know she's full of advantages with some considerable drawbacks. Everything about her Q, W, and E seem to be pretty fair for the role she plays, and not singularly overpowered.

However her ult confounds me. Okay, so it does very little damage at all 3 ranks, 150 at 1 350 at 3... By the time I'm 6 my Q is usually doing more than my ult without any AP... So, I think it's fair to say that sona's ult doesn't do very much damage.

It has a CC, those you hit dance in place for 1.5 seconds, really nifty, just about the only useful thing about this ability... But, it's really only useful for group ganks. Only in early game are you able to use this cc to survive. Late game, champions will be much faster than you, even if you have boots, and especially if they have any run speed buffs or flash. So the cc is nice, but it's also pretty short.

Now, we get to the cooldown. With the low damage and the short cc in mind, you'd THINK this ult would be usable quite frequently, right? Hell no. rank 1 - 160 second base cooldown, rank 3 - 120 second base cooldown. WHY? Sona's abilities as a whole, even though they all have a relatively short cd, are set back at a reasonable rate of setting off a 2 second global cd, but for some reason her ult has to be one of the higher end cd's in the game?

It's extremely frustrating to wait 3-6 encounters for my ult to come off cd, while many other characters can use theirs every encounter.

I really think Sona's ult needs to be looked at, and 2 of the components of her ult need to be changed. I think her ult needs a moderate cd reduction, and either the damage or the cc,(more likely the damage) need to be buffed a bit, or at least more scalable.

Shaella

11-05-2010

Sona is an OP champ, having an UP ult helps balance her out

Alamo90

Recruiter

11-05-2010

Like, I don't even believe this. Sona's ult is probably the most powerful CC move in the game. It is Galio or Amumu's ult, only at zero risk to Sona. Its a freaking "Win Teamfight" button. It is THE reason she is OP. She does everything other support champions do, and then has Amumu level CC teamfighting ability.

Please tell me you are joking.

Hoodstomp

Recruiter

11-05-2010

Are you kidding me? An AMAZING CC/INTERUPT that can hit the whole opposing team needs to be buffed? Do you think the damage on Amumu's ult needs to be buffed? This ult is AMAZING and game changing simply because it has the ability to CC an entire enemy team.

Please no.

Never.

Sytherion

11-05-2010

Not gonna lie, I came into this thread expecting him to be talking about weakening Sona's ultimate.

Tvor

Recruiter

11-06-2010

Sona's is definitely above average in term of tier... Some of the older supports need a buff IMO.

I beat Kayla one on one as sona, she might hits harder, but I also heal faster and more. I had 1/3 hp left when I killed her from full hp.

I carry Alex

Recruiter

11-06-2010

Sona is amazing how she is. Buffing her would possibly be the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Galgus

11-06-2010

Sona's ult is like a balanced version of Amumu's.

facepalmextreme

11-06-2010

wait did you just say sona is slow with constant ghost?

Toolage

11-06-2010

Quote:
Sytherion:
Not gonna lie, I came into this thread expecting him to be talking about weakening Sona's ultimate.

This.