@Riot: AnnouncerVoice

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AGCrew Bloodwolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywatford View Post
Thanks for the feedback on the announcer Arthas Menethil. The response to the female announcer was actually relatively positive, and far better received than the male announcer. So while we are moving towards some great features that will definitlely address your issues in the future, we are likely to stick with the female announcer for the time being.
I've been concerned about the announcer situation as well. I don't dislike the female announcer, but I was wondering... do you think it MIGHT be possible to consider having the user pick which announcer/announcer-mix he'd like to have? Or would that be too much work?

I'm thinking:
default= female
male1= original male
male2= UT-guy

mix options:
a-announcer for regular announcements (welcome to the twisted treeline, etc)
b-announcer for kill announcements (triple-kill!, godlike!/legendary!)
c-same announcer for both...

What do you think?

AGCrew Bloodwolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2009

I guess we ll stick w the old lady for months to come x_x

coRex

12-16-2009

bloodwolf i think this would be the best solution for this problem!

i just simply hate the female voice... it doesnt fit in such a game...

Barbedwire

12-18-2009

Is it possible to "integrate" the TF2 announcer with LoL?

That would be a dream! So ****ing great...and sexy

Bubonic Chronic

12-18-2009

I think it would be great to allow people to choose their announcer's voice. Examples: Unreal Series, Your GPS

spoden

12-26-2009

I personally feel the female announcer fits nicely with the game's arcade and quirky atmosphere. However, there is something rather bland, or perhaps something missing with her voice.

To be completely honest, the best game announcer I have ever heard has to be the Team Fortress 2 announcer, Ellen McLain. And subsequently, her voice would fit LoL perfectly.

I've often felt while playing that the current female announcer is... decent; however, Ellen McLain's voice would absolutely top off LoL's audio repertoire and add depth to the announcing. To put it bluntly, having Ellen announce "an ally is legendary!" would give players a complete auditory orgasm.... Well, at least it would to me.

Just in case one has not heard her voice, the audio clips from TF2 can be found here: http://www.soundboard.com/sb/TWIN_SUNS.aspx

Fantastic!