Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

An analytic critique on the new rank system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skaliton

03-30-2013

So allow me to introduce myself, I am Skaliton (Or Matt offline) but enough of that.

We all know the old system had it's flaws and problems but the new one has many more..allow me to explain:

To achieve a rank up you have to win 3 out of 4 games (1 to put you at 100 then 2/3 to get the rank) But to drop down you only have to lose 1, allow to me demonstrate

Let's assume you start at 50 (middle) and run a 50% win rate you would theoretically stay at 50 but we know the system is goofy and sometimes decides a game is worth far more/less..but I will assume it is 10 a game for simplicity sake.

if you go on a major hot streak and win 5 straight..you still must win 2 more in order to get a rank up, but if you lose 5 boom demoted (requiring 2 less to move you)

Now what does this mean? You will lose ranks when you stay around 50% win rate (unless you are a <x>5)

Now put this system compared to the old 1: I was 1460 when it changed over, since then I have lost 2 more games than I won (according to the stats) So in theory I would be around 1400-1440. The new system I started in silver 2..and am now silver 4, which is a much noticeably bigger difference.