So when is ARAM going to be an official mode ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Le Misérable

03-30-2013

People are dodging so much, it literally take 10-15 minutes to get a game.

Zielmann

03-30-2013

kaleb bartlett

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2013

in a patch or 2 i assume, it's on the PBE, so shouldn't be long.

Zielmann

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleb bartlett View Post
in a patch or 2 i assume, it's on the PBE, so shouldn't be long.
False. The map had been on the PBE for a while. The normal game mode/queue has not actually gone to the PBE for testing yet. The map was taken off the PBE temporarily for one reason or another.

I'm hoping that when the map is put back on, the queue will go on with it. But there's no telling when they'll update it next. And then I'd assume that the queue will be on the PBE for a couple weeks of testing before it goes live.

The good sign, though, is that the Howling Abyss assets were included in this week's patch on Live, so hopefully we're pretty close.

LustNya

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2013

I would love for it to be a real mode, can't stand how many people dodge because they don't like the champs they get =_=

nekrataali

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LustNya View Post
I would love for it to be a real mode, can't stand how many people dodge because they don't like the champs they get =_=
Right? It's like there's some guide out there to ARAM that just says:

Protip- dodge until you get the champ you want.

Kalarepa

03-31-2013

On a side not, I'm wondering how many people will stop playing ARAM simply, because they can't dodge so easily anymore.
I also like, how on this forum almost everyone "hates" dodgers, but in game around 50% ARAM players are dodgers (50% because it takes about 5 dodges to start a game in 10 people game).

Chaosknight40k

03-31-2013

got dodged more than 40 times this morning, sat in game lobbies for more than 30mins, /ragequit

Poopoopudding

03-31-2013

its taken 5 months cuz theyre focused on costumes

Zielmann

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopoopudding View Post
its taken 5 months cuz theyre focused on costumes
Yep. Cause all the programmers and database admins are busy doing artsy stuff. You heard it here first.

It takes months because they're upgraded the map (so it's actually on-par with the quality of the others), and they have to add and test all the other aspects of adding a queue. It needs to be merged into the UI in a sensible way, and they will need to modify databases to handle the extra data from having ARAM as a normal game mode. And I'm sure prior to all this even getting the green light, they had to do studies to make sure it would be worth the investment of doing it, and make sure that it wasn't going to take away from the other modes. IP gains per game need to be normalized so that ARAM doesn't wind up more efficient than any other game mode for earning IP.