Worst AP mid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ashtray4joo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2013

I would say Zil or heimer.

parnellyx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2013

Syndra is a top tier mid(Maybe not in bronze due to skill cap). The worst are Brand,Leblanc, and Heimerdinger. Leblanc is the worst of the worst as she cant farm and has a god awful late game. Plus she is easy to counter in lane and it wont really matter if she gets kills on you anyway

Butts McFarts

04-02-2013

They can all totally work, but I've found that Heimer and LeBlanc have it kinda rough. Heimer's turret range is usually much stubbier than the AA range of the enemy mid, and his less unwieldy poke is highly influenced by the minion cloud. Poor LB can hardly farm, and if her enemy in lane builds any health or MR, she'll have to roam to get any kills... Not to mention she falls off hard late-game.

I'm also tempted to mention Fiddle, considering he's outranged by pretty much everyone, and hard CC will stymie his main damage spell.

Aznul

04-02-2013

Not sure that I understand all the hate heimerdinger is getting here. At rank 2 and up his turrets shred armor and mr with every hit, his missiles cannot be dodged except by going untargetable and deal good damage, his grenade is a blind and a stun. I realize he can be easy prey when found too far from his little turrets, but you can easily set up killer ambushes with heimer.
As for the least effective ap champ that can only be played mid? Viegar, hands down. I have never seen him do well anywhere else. Saw him played as support a few times, but it was never effective. Viegar really needs a solo lane and would likely lose to most top champs. That being said, I still love playing him, I just do so less often than I might like since he is countered too easily.

Obama3012

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by parnellyx View Post
Syndra is a top tier mid(Maybe not in bronze due to skill cap). The worst are Brand,Leblanc, and Heimerdinger. Leblanc is the worst of the worst as she cant farm and has a god awful late game. Plus she is easy to counter in lane and it wont really matter if she gets kills on you anyway
Nononono. No. Nooooo. Don't get me wrong, I look love syndra, she was the first 6300 rp champ I bought, and she's so much fun. But I she top tier? Sadly not. All her abilities can be dodged, only her q scales well with ap, and her ult has super low range. She can do tons of damage with it mid game, but late its actually not that great because of the horrid scaling. Honestly, if they reworked her buff, she would be better. If making a sphere is the easiest thing she can do, why not make it free to cast at max level. Give her throw bigger aoer level, her stun more distance and longer stun per level, and her ult more range and balls per level. So at max rank, maybe she would permanently have 5 balls around her.

Lexinus

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody Loco ASAP View Post
I wouldn't say Syndra. She's actually sleeper OP in my opinion. Her ult has the highest base damage in the game.
I would say Syndra just because her voice is annoying. I'd say Nid is pretty bad middle lane, but she can go top. You have to pretty much walk all the way to one of the bushes mid lane to get a shot with your Q and by that time, the person knows what you are doing and just moves.

WhtePuma

04-02-2013

Every single AP mid is conditional and can be countered or counters various other AP mids, there is no real worst AP mid, eg mordekaiser can counter basically almost all close range AP mids like akali. Due to his ability to stick near creeps use his e and get full shield as the engagement start, and when he gets ganked from jungle he can turn a 1v2 into a 2v0 due to his cc and his ult. Which ultimately leads to me taking their turret.

The most easily countered id probably say would be ryze due to being more of a late game heavy cc damage dealer (not a stupid tank ffs). Although his poke can be good he is more of a sustaining damage dealer due to his low cd. But can literally do over 4000 damage cc to a whole team if they are close enough.

Id say Nidalee is probably the worst AP mid due to the fact you can easily just sit behind minions and she cant use her spear to much effect or you can simply dodge it. Since her spear does more damage the longer it travels you can stay really close to her and just burst her down really quickly early on.

This is just some examples, but every AP mid can be countered and counters another.

Tsarkillo

04-02-2013

http://www.lolking.net/charts?region...up&range=daily
Based on this, Ryze is probably the worst AP mid.

URL is not working properly... Just click the link, and once on the page change the Chart Type to MidLane Matchup.

moastytoasty

04-02-2013

I'd say any mid laner can be op, provided you know how to play the champ

Obama3012

04-02-2013

Okay, really loving this conversation, we got 1000 views wootwoot, but I think you guys are hating on Leblanc too much. Yea she sucks late game, but that's not her point. She rapes most mids early game and can hopefully snowball a bit and shut them down so she can be somewhat decent mid game and help her team force an early nexus push.