Worst AP mid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Obama3012

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawnix View Post
The question is silly as it ignores the more important aspects of team composition and player skill. There aren't really any truly gimped ap's, as no matter what you go if you can get a significant advantage in kills or cs you will do better than your opponent. That being said a turretdiving flashless triple-finger amputee lux/ez who cannot hit skillshots due to cataracts are probably the worst choices for ap mid.
What happened to his fingers? D:

iChaosDragon

03-31-2013

Zilean maybe?

DMPuffy

04-01-2013

Syndra is definitely not the worst AP. She has range, CC, heavy burst, sustained damage... She's not the best, but certainly not the worst.

True Sol

04-01-2013

Heimer is by far the worst champion in the game. Syndra and Leblanc, as people have mentioned, have both been banned and pick in competitive LCS games. Even Mordekaiser is a pretty solid pick in the right composition -- in fact he was picked competitively by Scarra quite a bit in Season 2. Heimer is just terrible.

AbsolutNoob

04-01-2013

Heimer by far is the worse

Obama3012

04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyForNothin View Post
Syndra is definitely not the worst AP. She has range, CC, heavy burst, sustained damage... She's not the best, but certainly not the worst.
The thing with syndra is that she's high skillcap, meh reward. She doesn't have strong range except on her throw, her ults range is pathetic, and the only thing she is very good at it is kiting, which doesn't help much when you are super slow and your abilities all have some sort of delay 'cept your ult, which u actually need to stop moving. What I mean by this is that q makes a mark on the ground where it will appear, her w has the throw time, and her e has to travel. Not to mention she's super slow. She just doesn't have anything that makes her great. Now that I think about it, she's not the worst, because she does have nice damage, but she certainly is low tier. Also the sustain is only after athenes, cause you know, she has terrible mana problems. She also has been picked I think once in a big tourney and I'm pretty sure they lost.

Trrees

04-01-2013

Link played Syndra really great in I believe CLG's 1st 2 games and did absolutely. I'm pretty sure someone in LCS either NA or EU got a pentakill with Syndra too.

I think Syndra just requires the right team comp though but without getting targeted, she's able to deal a lot of damage while stunning a few.

chaos emporer

04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama3012 View Post
By this I mean AP carry who is only really viable in mid. Ex. Brand, Oriana
I'm just curious on the subject. IMO I think it's Syndra, yea she's a blast to play but there are so many champs who are easier and accomplish more. Or maybe Heimer?
ziggs works allot in mid but it depends who the player is

Miezner

04-01-2013

Based on viability in both Solo queue and Competitive play, I would say AP teemo. Only because, he is just about the squishiest targets though also one of the most slippery targets as well.

I've played and played against alot of AP mid champs. It does depend on how well the player plays the champ. I am confident in saying that Kassadin is the worst AP champ to play exclusively in mid. Because he is a roamer. And if you plan to play only mid, than he is not your champion at all.
He gets pushed and bullied out of lane by just about every other ap champion out there. He is really meant to be the ganking assassin. Which is why I am puzzled noone has tried jungling with the guy.

Fluffy1

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama3012 View Post
What about panths or nunus ult? And those are crazy aoe also. At level 3 I "think" her ult does 360 base damage without any extra balls or ap. Also, manamura syndra is good, but it really only helps your ult and takes the place of more traditional ap items. She can kite like a monster though.
id actually say fiddle has a higher base damage on his ult, but channel spells tend to do that. though shaco's clone has an amazingly high 600 base damage aoe with 1:1 ratio placing ap shaco's ult as one of the most powerful AOE's in the game, just harder to land it where you want it, but being creative fixes that