Worst AP mid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Obama3012

03-30-2013

By this I mean AP carry who is only really viable in mid. Ex. Brand, Oriana
I'm just curious on the subject. IMO I think it's Syndra, yea she's a blast to play but there are so many champs who are easier and accomplish more. Or maybe Heimer?

Trrees

03-30-2013

Probably Heimer or Mordekaiser for me.

dunno why you would say Syndra though, she does her job well. can farm really easily. can stun well if timed. can dish out pretty good damage, low cooldown on Q -> pretty good aoe damage. ult can burst down important targets. maybe for you its just high curve, not rewarding enough

edit: actually now that I think of it, Heimer, Leblanc.

TeknoWizard

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trrees View Post
Probably Heimer or Mordekaiser for me.

dunno why you would say Syndra though, she does her job well. can farm really easily. can stun well if timed. can dish out pretty good damage, low cooldown on Q -> pretty good aoe damage. ult can burst down important targets. maybe for you its just high curve, not rewarding enough

edit: actually now that I think of it, Heimer, Leblanc.
I dunno about any of them. A well played Mordekaiser shoves lanes superhard, 1 shots your carry, and ends the game in mid-game. As much as everyone wants to deny it, LeBlanc is not bad. She will dominate the lane in almost every siuation, then spill the pressure over into other lanes. Heimerdinger you can make a solid case for, but you can't deny his obvious pushing power, and the fact that he may be the best mid laner for taking turrets except for maybe Diana.

Really in terms of the worst, even though I love him and he's super fun, I have to go with Brand. Not for the fact of "He's worthless!" but he's outclassed by someone else in every regard. Look at Annie for example. She bursts harder, brings more CC, brings more AoE DPS, and can can be a bigger lane bully. Same applies for Lux or Syndra. Brand is fun, but all his damage and CC has to come in specific combos, limiting his potential. Perma slows with Rylai's are nice, and DoT's come in handy, but I've NEVER been in a situation where I could honestly say, "Brand is the best pick right now."

Obama3012

03-30-2013

I think Leblanc makes up for I with her stellar early game. I say syndra because while she can burst down targets with her ult, her combo can be easily stopped and she needs to get in such close range so she might be focused before she can even do anything. Landing her stun isn't hard if you hit with your slow, but even that can be dodged relatively easily, same with her q. I love skill shots, but not ones that can be dodged by a competent players. Also, about mordekaiser, HUEHUEHUE. But brands ult is super devastating, and Brand also has ton of aoe. Syndra is worse because her stun is more unreliable than brands, and she doesn't nearly have as much team fight presence.

TeknoWizard

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama3012 View Post
But brands ult is super devastating, and Brand also has ton of aoe. Syndra is worse because her stun is more unreliable than brands, and she doesn't nearly have as much team fight presence.
Yes, I know what you're saying and you have a good point. But Brand's damage is even more unreliable. Like, it's nice that his ult COULD hit the ADC and APC and insta-gib both of them. Or maybe it bounces between the Nasus and Shen 5 times. And the stun is only going to stun the first person it hits, which is almost always going to be a tank in teamfights. Syndra actually does have more teamfight presence in my opinion. First off, her burst combo can be directed at VIP's on the other team. Brand is only guarenteed the E, 1 bounce of the R, and then everything else can be dodged/blocked by teamates. Syndra can Q-W-R the ADC/APC and blow them up, then just E all of the 4-5 balls scattered on the ground, knocking a flurry of stuns into the enemy team. Or, should **** hit the fan, she can E, W a ball back into the enemies, and disengage beautifully. Brand lacks that ability.

Pwner

03-30-2013

I wouldn't say Syndra. She's actually sleeper OP in my opinion. Her ult has the highest base damage in the game.

Obama3012

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoWizard View Post
Yes, I know what you're saying and you have a good point. But Brand's damage is even more unreliable. Like, it's nice that his ult COULD hit the ADC and APC and insta-gib both of them. Or maybe it bounces between the Nasus and Shen 5 times. And the stun is only going to stun the first person it hits, which is almost always going to be a tank in teamfights. Syndra actually does have more teamfight presence in my opinion. First off, her burst combo can be directed at VIP's on the other team. Brand is only guarenteed the E, 1 bounce of the R, and then everything else can be dodged/blocked by teamates. Syndra can Q-W-R the ADC/APC and blow them up, then just E all of the 4-5 balls scattered on the ground, knocking a flurry of stuns into the enemy team. Or, should **** hit the fan, she can E, W a ball back into the enemies, and disengage beautifully. Brand lacks that ability.
Its true that Syndra can insta-gib a champ, but its also true that she could be killed before she could get in range for her ult. Not to mention if you are preparing for to smack someone with your balls in a team fight thats all the damage you'll do besides the stun, which may not hit anyone. I kinda think brand and syndra are both lower tier mids, even though they are both tons of fun to use.

Obama3012

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody Loco ASAP View Post
I wouldn't say Syndra. She's actually sleeper OP in my opinion. Her ult has the highest base damage in the game.
What about panths or nunus ult? And those are crazy aoe also. At level 3 I "think" her ult does 360 base damage without any extra balls or ap. Also, manamura syndra is good, but it really only helps your ult and takes the place of more traditional ap items. She can kite like a monster though.

Kaoelith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2013

heimer way worse than syndra
syndra is one of those high skill cap high reward champs

Fawnix

03-31-2013

The question is silly as it ignores the more important aspects of team composition and player skill. There aren't really any truly gimped ap's, as no matter what you go if you can get a significant advantage in kills or cs you will do better than your opponent. That being said a turretdiving flashless triple-finger amputee lux/ez who cannot hit skillshots due to cataracts are probably the worst choices for ap mid.