Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tribunal "reward" ribbon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

War Scythe NA92

03-30-2013

I was think adding an incentive to get the community to be more active and creating a better community would be a small addition but for some it might be the carrot on a stick required for others who normally are not active in the tribunal to help out.

a simple white ribbon (like the other honor rewards in game) that is awarded based on
the player's accuracy in the tribunal and the number of cases they reviewed.

Player Someone

03-30-2013

I like your idea.

Lagenor

03-30-2013

Problem One: The tribunal pardon/punish is based entirely on perspective. There is no guaranteed right or wrong answer.

Problem Two: Riot doesn't want to give people a reason to do tribunal purely to get selfish rewards. This creates bots and alters the average consensus of the community by an X% increase in population wanting the white ribbon and just spamming punish. Riot used to give IP for correct choices in the tribunal, they took that about because people were abusing the system.

Problem Three: People should hit pardon/punish in the tribunal based on what that individual finds acceptable, not on what they think the community would find acceptable. Providing rewards for the "correct" choice alters these motivations.

War Scythe NA92

03-30-2013

Quote:
Lagenor:
Problem One: The tribunal pardon/punish is based entirely on perspective. There is no guaranteed right or wrong answer.

Problem Two: Riot doesn't want to give people a reason to do tribunal purely to get selfish rewards. This creates bots and alters the average consensus of the community by an X% increase in population wanting the white ribbon and just spamming punish. Riot used to give IP for correct choices in the tribunal, they took that about because people were abusing the system.

Problem Three: People should hit pardon/punish in the tribunal based on what that individual finds acceptable, not on what they think the community would find acceptable. Providing rewards for the "correct" choice alters these motivations.

You wouldn't be able to get the white ribbon by spamming punish if you were giving incorrect answers your ratio accuracy would be way off. I understood the the issue with IP (personally I wish it was still this way, it would somewhat make up for the amount of toxic players I've had in matches.) but having a ribbon like the rest of the honor system rewards players for going out of their way to create a better playing environment.There is always the potential for abuse misuse even of the honor system that is currently in place however there are quite a few toxic players and not everyone who plays LoL is an altruist sometimes incentives such as a tribunal ribbon could benefit the entire community by inspiring others to participate in tribunal cases.

(perhaps the ribbon needs other requirements other then just accuracy of cases and number of cases reviewed I'm still hashing out an idea. and would appreciate more ideas.)

I'm also a big fan of the idea in another thread for a tribunal case worker to give honor to players that were trying their best in spite of toxic players.

Lagenor

03-30-2013

Yeah, it would definately be difficult to give a nice reward to the tribunal players because others would abuse it.

You can't reward anything that requres a minimum of x many cases, otherwise you get bots. You can't reward for accuracy otherwise you alter the severity/leniency of the community. I would definately love to see the people that take their time to do these cases rewarded in some way other than just "The right thing to do " :P

fatherdarius

Recruiter

04-03-2013

A job well done is it's own reward.

Jarch

04-16-2013

I like that, so players that usually have bad behavior will think twice before insulting someone in the game.

Trixsterjl

04-22-2013

I found this by googling "tribunal ribbon...". Really there is no reason not go give one for tribunal work. I think in general they need to force more time per ticket. Maybe make up fake reports that are obvious like 5 feeding tickets with a ratio of 10/2/15 like stats. If someone clicks punish on it they lose all rating and access to tribunal for a week.

KieshwaIV

04-22-2013

Pat yourself on the back for being a tool to help Riot make more money.

Trixsterjl

04-22-2013

Quote:
KieshwaIV:
Pat yourself on the back for being a tool to help Riot make more money.

LOL did they just call us tools?