[Guide] Tryndamere: My take on how he should play (New Patch)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zarria

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2009

-------> THIS GUIDE IS NOW OBSOLETE. TOO MANY CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE TO SIMPLY CHANGE THIS GUIDE FOR THE NEW TRYNDAMERE. HOWEVER, DO NOTE THAT HIS ULT CAN BE ACTIVATED ==AT ANY TIME==. PERIOD. USE IT TO YOUR ADVANTAGE. <-------

This guide, as most guides, are only to show what my gamestyle is like. There is no forcing of any kind nor any "required" items or builds; it's just how I play. I've found it wins me most games, and it usually gives me a high KD ratio if my team doesn't completely suck. The most important thing to remember is this guide gives suggestions on what you should do to maximize your potential.

1. Skills

[Q] Bloodlust: Tryndamere thrives on the thrills of combat. Whenever Tryndamere kills a unit he temporarily gains increased attack damage and critical strike damage.

Passive: Whenever Tryndamere critically strikes or kills a unit, he gains two (2) stacks of bloodlust when not affected and one (1) stack each kill or critical strike thereafter. Each stack of Bloodlust increases damage by 4.00 damage and critical strike damage by 1.5%/2.25%/3.0%/3.75%/4.5%.

Active: Tryndamere consumes his Bloodlusts, restoring 10/20/30/40/50 health per stack of Bloodlust.

[W] Mocking Shout: Tryndamere lets out an insulting cry, decreasing surrounding champions' physical damage. Enemies with their backs turned to Tryndamere also have their movement speed slowed.

Active: (Costs 25 Health) Decreases surrounding champions' physical damage by 20 / 40 / 60 / 80 / 100, and enemies with their backs turned also have their movement speed slowed by 30% / 37.5% / 45% / 52.5% / 60%. Lasts 5 seconds.

[E] Spinning Slash: Tryndamere slices toward a target unit, dealing damage to enemies in his path.

Active: (Costs 40/50/60/70/80 Health) Tryndamere spins through his enemies, dealing 50% damage plus 60/105/150/195/240 damage to enemies in his path.

[R] Undying Rage: Tryndamere's lust for battle becomes so strong that he is unable to die, no matter how wounded he becomes.

Active: Tryndamere becomes completely immune to death for 6 seconds, refusing to be reduced below 1 health. His abilities have no cost during this time and he gains 4 / 6 / 8 Bloodlust stacks.

2. Runes / Masteries / Summoner Skills

I would give Tryndamere crit and HP / HP regen runes to allow him to last hit and keep bloodlust stacks early game, while maintaining decent health and crit at end game, though most will be from items. So mostly, go with what you feel would benefit your playstyle most (I use pure crit as a level 19 summoner).

As for masteries, 21/0/9 or whatever (I'm not level 30 summoner yet) would probably be best, but for now, I just do 19/0/0 for Armor Pen, crit and crit damage. It's pretty essential as playing Tryndamere.

For summoner skills, I'll only list the partially useful or almost required skills.
To start, we have Ghost, Heal, Ignite, Teleport, Flash, Rally, Cleanse and Exhaust.

1) Ghost is useful towards end game chasing and early game, but isn't completely required.
2) Heal has its usefulness when used after an Undying Rage spree (bloodlust charges + heal) to help get away, but if you were going to die without heal, then you will still die with heal. Your choice.
3) Ignite is really nice for getting early and mid game ganks, but loses it's overall usefulness at end game.
4) Teleport is only good for doing a lane push or staying caught up on EXP and money.
5) Flash is really useful when used to get away after an Undying Rage.
6) Rally is extremely useful early game and can help with early dragons or team battles later on.
7) Cleanse is probably the most essential summoner skill you can choose as it allows you to get away or fight with impunity for 2-3 seconds (immediate cleanse plus 2 seconds of immunity). Cleanse is almost a must-have.
8) And lastly, Exhaust has incredible uses all throughout the game, including but not limited to reducing incoming damage by melee classes or stopping runners during early game.

I typically use Ignite and Ghost so I can achieve a first blood or early game gank, but closer to end game, Flash and Ghost would have far more utility with Tryndamere.

3. Items

(Note: Remember, with Tryndamere you want to stack crit as it increases your damage far more than going for damage in the beginning. Even though low health does net you crit, when you attempt a gank, you should be at 60-100% HP, so the low hp crit bonus will not apply. I typically shoot for 60-80% crit without being at low HP which allows me to get incredible burst on unsuspecting champs or solo any minion aside from Baron with ease. And, typically, most people will shoot for 2-3 avarice blades, boots and shoot straight for IE (Infinity Edge) as it has a HUGE DPS increase with the extra crit damage, however this step is entirely up to you. I typically go for 2-3 avarice blades, boots and Zeal before attempting to create IE.)

Early game, you want to start off with Brawler Gloves and 2 health potions. They either save you from BPing back to base (Blue Pilling a.k.a. using Recall) and allows you to lane more efficiently. After getting 1100 (350 for the first avarice blade, 750 for another), return to base and pick up 2 avarice blades. After getting enough for either a pair of berserker greaves (attack speed + movement speed) or Zeal (attack speed, critical chance and movement speed), head back and pick it up.

Mid game, you're going to want to finish the Zeal into Phantom Dancer and try and start heading for a Black Cleaver or Infinity's Edge. Both are excellent choices and can lead to some incredible DPS mid to late game. Also, you can head for another Phantom Dancer, but it isn't completely necessary. Also, if you need to kill some tanks, Last Whisper (I believe the name is, going off the top of my head) is great with the 40% armor penetration.

Late game, you should have a Black Cleaver, 1 or 2 Phantom Dancers, 1 Berserker Greaves, an Infinity's Edge and Last Whisper. This is usually my item make-up and if I get enough gold to get all of this, then the game has lasted WAY too long (i.e. around the 45-50 minute mark).

To breakdown the items in this build, I'll clarify why each item has importance.

Black Cleaver: Reducing armor PER HIT increases crit damage by 50-100 points depending on target armor and current attack damage; 75 flat damage is HUGE.
Phantom Dancer: 45% attack speed, 30% crit, 20% dodge, 12% movement speed... pretty self-explanatory. Attack speed is more damage per second, higher crit is Tryndamere's "bread and butter", dodge helps you live in team battles and movement speed lets you catch those li'l nigras who run.
Berserker Greaves: Movement speed and attack speed. Running faster and hitting more is always a plus.
Infinity Edge: 80 damage, 20% crit and 250% crit damage (up from 200% crit damage) is godly on the Barbarian King who wields the world's largest sword. More damage, more crit and increasing the crits to insanely high crits.
Last Whisper: Armor penetration leads to more damage, 20 damage is nothing to shy away from and 40% attack speed, well, it lets you attack even faster so you crit more and laugh harder at the end.

I hope this addition to my item portion helps clarify some things about my item choice, and remember guys, it's all personal preference. If you only want one Phantom Dancer, use Boots of Swiftness, grab IE right off the bat and skip Avarice Blades, that's up to you.

4. Skills

For the most part, you will want to get Bloodlust first if you are solo laning or Spinning Slash for a duo lane. When duoing, wait in the grass and try to get a first blood or early kill by slashing into them and hitting them once, then retreating. If soloing, use Bloodlust charges wisely i.e. don't waste them when near full HP but don't let them fall off if you probably won't get another for another 4-5 seconds.

1. Bloodlust or Spinning Slash
2. Bloodlust or Spinning Slash (whichever one you didn't get first)
3. Mocking Call
4. Bloodlust
5. Bloodlust
6. Undying Rage
After this point, Undying Rage > Bloodlust > Mocking Call > Spinning Slash

The reason for Spinning Slash being last in priority is because to start off (in early-mid game) it is used only for getting away, getting close or clipping terrain. Mocking call will be used when chasing or reducing incoming melee damage, Bloodlust is used as your major healing tool and Undying Rage... well, let's just say that it lets you do some crazy ****.

5. Tryndamere "Counter" champions

Alright, as I was explaining the item choices, I suddenly began thinking of champs that counter Tryndamere either fairly well or to the extreme. They are as follows:

Rammus: When he stacks armor, he become almost invincible and most Rammus players get the Thornmail right off the bat. With that and his armor / damage reflection skill, all he has to do is taunt you at low HP and you will kill yourself. No Undying Rage, no Bloodlust, nothing. Even Cleanse doesn't remove it.

Soraka: If the person behind the wheel of Soraka is smart, she'll silence you up (in team battles) at 40-50% HP and make you regret your existence. Her 3.5 second silence will delay UR activation and possibly lead to your death, so pay close attention to her.

Morgana: Morgana isn't the most extreme counter to Tryndamere as is the 2 previous champs, but she makes her presence well known if targetting you. Her Ultimate (if you stay in range) slows you and stuns you after the duration, preventing UR activation. To coincide with her stun, she can root you for up to 3-3.5 seconds, rendering your DPS practically useless and causing an early UR activation so you don't die.

Fiddlesticks: Fiddlesticks is the ultimate in squish against Tryndamere, but he has his moments when he makes you completely useless. He can chain fear and silence together to lock you out of UR or any form of running / chasing. Again, he's more of a soft counter like Morgana, but a good Fiddlesticks will make his presence known amongst your team.

Cho'gath: Cho'gath is less important than the others and his 2 counters are both short-lived and fairly hard to hit. Though, should their team focus you and he hit you at the right time, it will kill you. His stomp and roar will stun and silence you, preventing UR activation. Either keep Cleanse handy or just don't get into the situation that puts your life in jeopardy.

Teemo: Ahh, the dreaded Teemo. Should he max out his blinding shot first, you're looking at 2.5-3 seconds of you being able to do absolutely nothing. Blind will F you over until oblivion and chained with stuns, fears or roots, your DPS doesn't exist and may even cause you to die / pop UR to get away. Be wary.

Alistar: Sort of the same deal as Cho, but he just stuns and knocks you back / reduce all damage by 75% and increases his damage. When you see the shields twirling around his masculine body, it's time to run or fight a different champ.

For the most part, be very wary of any champion that has a stun, root of silence effect. If you think they have it up and are going to try and gank them, just play it a little more defensively so they don't catch you off guard and kill you by somehow disabling you before UR activation. The biggest champ you want to look for is Rammus as he will F YOU UP MAJOR TIME. I kid you not, I've died more times to Rammus than any other champion in this game. And it's all because he reflects 30-40% of your damage back and delays UR activation for the entirety of the Taunt effect. Plus it's on a low cooldown, so if you're caught out for too long, there's no hope of getting away.

6. End of Guide Comments

Remember guys, this is my build. No need to critique it because I say it's fact, it's just my opinion and it's only what I think should be done to utilize him to his utmost potential. Of course, I would agree on some advice, but negative comments like "thiz guyde suxzz" is not helpful.

Thank you all for reading this giant wall of text and I hope you find it useful. Good luck, have fun and most of all, kick some *** in the game of LOL!

[[Edit 1: Added in Summoner Skills]]
[[Edit 2: Fixed Bloodlust description]]
[[Edit 3: Fixed some typo's and added in a small 'note' section to the item(s) portion]]
[[Edit 4: Added in Rally and Cleanse as summoner skills]]
[[Edit 5: Added in bolds and italics to help ease the reading of the giant wall of text]]
[[Edit 6: Added item explanation and Tryndamere "hard counter" champs]]

SomeoneRandom

12-06-2009

I think you should buy any 6 items of your choice items (I suggest 6 lich banes) and then faceroll on your keyboard and solo entire teams

This is what all pro tryan players do

Also you should re-read his new passive and the new bloodlust and then think for 5 seconds about the items your buying.... your wasting SOOOO many stat points on useless stats its not even funny

Fbsunny

12-06-2009

What about some life steal items like executioners calling or bloodthirster? It would seem like it would make it easier to stay alive in group fights if you had some life steal since all of your damage comes from physical attacks anyways.

Also it seems to me like a second phantom dance would be a waste, since you already have so much crit chance.
Infinity Edge 20%
Phantom Dancer #1 30%
Hero's Crit Chance 10%
I would think if you have pretty good attack speed you should crit plenty with this much crit chance. This would open a slot for either bloodthirster or some other item. Also your passive means that if you are at 50% health you would have and extra 25% crit chance. If you had used a second phantom dancer you would be wasting 15% crit chance at this point.

If you did get an executioners calling instead you would be wasting crit chance whenever you are below 50% health but not nearly as much as with a second phantom dancer.

No Cow Level

12-06-2009

Decent guide, but I believe you have a lot of things... wrong? Let's start with your skills.

Quote:
4. Skills

For the most part, you will want to get Bloodlust first if you are solo laning or Spinning Slash for a duo lane. When duoing, wait in the grass and try to get a first blood or early kill by slashing into them and hitting them once, then retreating. If soloing, use Bloodlust charges wisely i.e. don't waste them when near full HP but don't let them fall off if you probably won't get another for another 4-5 seconds.

1. Bloodlust or Spinning Slash
2. Bloodlust or Spinning Slash (whichever one you didn't get first)
3. Mocking Call
4. Bloodlust
5. Bloodlust
6. Undying Rage
After this point, Undying Rage > Bloodlust > Mocking Call > Spinning Slash

The reason for Spinning Slash being last in priority is because to start off (in early-mid game) it is used only for getting away, getting close or clipping terrain. Mocking call will be used when chasing or reducing incoming melee damage, Bloodlust is used as your major healing tool and Undying Rage... well, let's just say that it lets you do some crazy ****.
The first skill you should be maxing is Mocking Call. This is not arguable. If you look at Bloodlust, as the level increases, the bonus damage does not. This is what you want early game since you will not be critting too much and therefore wasting the crit damage. The heal does increase, but I will talk about this in the item section.

I like to go: Bloodlust, Mocking Call, Spinning Slash, MC, MC, Undying Rage, MC, MC, BL, BL, UR, BL BL, blahblahblah. Mocking Call will really, really help if you're duoing. I personally don't think Tryndamere should solo. Should let a ranged ally do this.

Onto items.

Quote:
3. Items

Early game, you want to start off with Berserker Gloves and 2 health potions. They either save you from BPing back to base (Blue Pilling a.k.a. using Recall) and allows you to lane more efficiently. After getting 1100 (350 for the first avarice blade, 750 for another), return to base and pick up 2 avarice blades. After getting enough for either a pair of berserker greaves (attack speed + movement speed) or Zeal (attack speed, critical chance and movement speed), head back and pick it up.

Mid game, you're going to want to finish the Zeal into Phantom Dancer and try and start heading for a Black Cleaver or Infinity's Edge. Both are excellent choices and can lead to some incredible DPS mid to late game. Also, you can head for another Phantom Dancer, but it isn't completely necessary. Also, if you need to kill some tanks, Last Whisper (I believe the name is, going off the top of my head) is great with the 40% armor penetration.

Late game, you should have a Black Cleaver, 1 or 2 Phantom Dancers, 1 Berserker Greaves, 1 Infinity's Edge and Last Whisper. This is usually my item make-up and if I get enough gold to get all of this, then the game has lasted WAY too long (i.e. around the 45-50 minute mark).
Why start with health potions when you can start with a Regrowth Pendant? I guarantee you that your enemy won't allow you to beat on them for longer than half a second, so those gloves are going to waste. You should be able to lane w/ RP until about 2100-2300g. At this point bluepill, buy Zeal and Gloves, and return to your lane. Start working on your IE. As soon as you have enough money for BF Sword (or if you're comfortable without it, keep farming), bluepill and grab it. You'll also be hitting for a lot more now. You shouldn't have to return to your base until you have enough money for IE. Time to work on Phantom Dancer. You should return back to your base when you get enough money for the cloak. More crit is yummy. Next, work on Bloodthirster. Once again, BF Sword first, and then return if you really want the extra 50 damage. Back out to farming, blah blah. Work on Frozen Mallet. This gives you a nice 775 health and a permaslow so you KNOW no enemies will get away. Once you complete FM, turn your Regrowth into a Warmonger's. If you get to this point, your team needs to wake the **** up and start pushing. Once you complete Warmongers, you'll be sitting at ~4.2k health, ~320 damage, and enough woof for your bang.

Black Cleaver is not too great for Try as he is a melee character and since he hits so **** hard, your enemy will probably be dead before you can get a full stack of -armor.

My two cents. Nice guide otherwise.

Zarria

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Cow Level View Post
Decent guide, but I believe you have a lot of things... wrong? Let's start with your skills.

The first skill you should be maxing is Mocking Call. This is not arguable. If you look at Bloodlust, as the level increases, the bonus damage does not. This is what you want early game since you will not be critting too much and therefore wasting the crit damage. The heal does increase, but I will talk about this in the item section.

I like to go: Bloodlust, Mocking Call, Spinning Slash, MC, MC, Undying Rage, MC, MC, BL, BL, UR, BL BL, blahblahblah. Mocking Call will really, really help if you're duoing. I personally don't think Tryndamere should solo. Should let a ranged ally do this.
The only problem I have regarding maxing Mocking Call first is that while it will slow and reduce their outgoing physical damage as you increase it, you lose a lot of vital healing with Bloodlust. If you're fighting a double disable team or a double harassment pair, good luck staying alive with only Regrowth Pendant. Again, I play this way and I win 80% of the matches I get into. If my team is bad, I carry them. If they're good, then I can carry them better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Cow Level View Post
Onto items.

Why start with health potions when you can start with a Regrowth Pendant? I guarantee you that your enemy won't allow you to beat on them for longer than half a second, so those gloves are going to waste. You should be able to lane w/ RP until about 2100-2300g. At this point bluepill, buy Zeal and Gloves, and return to your lane. Start working on your IE. As soon as you have enough money for BF Sword (or if you're comfortable without it, keep farming), bluepill and grab it. You'll also be hitting for a lot more now. You shouldn't have to return to your base until you have enough money for IE. Time to work on Phantom Dancer. You should return back to your base when you get enough money for the cloak. More crit is yummy. Next, work on Bloodthirster. Once again, BF Sword first, and then return if you really want the extra 50 damage. Back out to farming, blah blah. Work on Frozen Mallet. This gives you a nice 775 health and a permaslow so you KNOW no enemies will get away. Once you complete FM, turn your Regrowth into a Warmonger's. If you get to this point, your team needs to wake the **** up and start pushing. Once you complete Warmongers, you'll be sitting at ~4.2k health, ~320 damage, and enough woof for your bang.

Black Cleaver is not too great for Try as he is a melee character and since he hits so **** hard, your enemy will probably be dead before you can get a full stack of -armor.

My two cents. Nice guide otherwise.
The only problem in taking regrowth pendant is it slows your early game crit levels and doesn't let you maximize your potential. By picking up gloves and 2 pots, you can sit in a lane even if harassed and it lets you get double or triple avarice blades quickly. Remember, if you can get 2 avarice blades by the 7 minute mark and you have them until the, lets say 18 or 20 minute mark, that's 11-13 minutes of money gain. Let's average it for easier math and say that you keep them for 12 minutes (19 minute mark), that's 12*60 = 720; 720 / 10 = 72; 72*5 = 375 gold. That's 375 gold per avarice blade that you didn't have to farm. Along with the crit chance on them, I sit at 50-60% crit at level 4, and I can kill most early game heroes in 3-4 hits. If they run, I ghost and mocking call and they almost never stand a chance.

Tryndamere doesn't want lifesteal OR health. If you're a good Trynd with enough armor penetration and/or damage and crit, you should be killing 2-4 members in a team battle in 6 seconds. If they disable you, then your teammates should be picking up the slack. And might I remind you that lower health is more crit, and when you lifesteal, you aren't extending you life in any given way. As I've noticed, I have seen people picking up executioners calling more frequently, so the lifesteal would be a complete waste. And if Bloodlust isn't enough for you to get away, there's something wrong with how you're playing.

On the Black Cleaver issue, remember this: With every hit (what I've noticed, at least) is that black cleaver increases the crit damage by 50-60 points PER STACK. With each hit, you're increasing your damage more than a damage item alone. If they have armor, they reduce by a %, not by a flat amount. More damage = more mitigation UNLESS they have LESS armor due to armor penetration or Black Cleaver. Perhaps this build is bad for high end games, but as I mostly pub (play just by myself), I go for as much crit, speed and damage (in that order) as fast as I possibly can. I have yet to lose a game when my team is halfway decent. Of course, chances are you will lose if someone gets fed early as you can't do much without high damage or crit. And remember, Tryndamere's game style got COMPLETELY changed with the patch. Bloodlust is damage and crit damage, not attack speed and crit percentage. Bloodlust heals way less per stack, stacks less, spinning slash's range was raped and mocking call is essentially better now.

I appreciate the comments and I'll look into trying some different builds. I used to do regrowth early on with last patch, but with the new one, you want to get a high crit as soon as possible to get your bloodlusts flying in at an incredible rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbsunny View Post
What about some life steal items like executioners calling or bloodthirster? It would seem like it would make it easier to stay alive in group fights if you had some life steal since all of your damage comes from physical attacks anyways.

Also it seems to me like a second phantom dance would be a waste, since you already have so much crit chance.
Infinity Edge 20%
Phantom Dancer #1 30%
Hero's Crit Chance 10%
I would think if you have pretty good attack speed you should crit plenty with this much crit chance. This would open a slot for either bloodthirster or some other item. Also your passive means that if you are at 50% health you would have and extra 25% crit chance. If you had used a second phantom dancer you would be wasting 15% crit chance at this point.

If you did get an executioners calling instead you would be wasting crit chance whenever you are below 50% health but not nearly as much as with a second phantom dancer.
The reason for a second phantom dancer is it allows you to escape more easily when retreating after a use of Undying Rage. The movement speed and extra dodge (36% with 2 PD's) allows you to dodge more attacks as you haul *** outta there. And remember, bloodlust is only applied on crits and kills, so it's important that you can stack it very quickly otherwise you lose a lot of damage on crits. You want to be hovering around 70-80% crit without being low HP so you can gank easily or clear lanes with extreme ease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneRandom View Post
I think you should buy any 6 items of your choice items (I suggest 6 lich banes) and then faceroll on your keyboard and solo entire teams

This is what all pro tryan players do

Also you should re-read his new passive and the new bloodlust and then think for 5 seconds about the items your buying.... your wasting SOOOO many stat points on useless stats its not even funny
Thanks troll, I really appreciate the comment. Kthx for wasting my time.

Seriously guys, if you have nothing to comment on, don't comment. People like this waste everyones time as he isn't funny, cute or anything of the like. If you're commenting on something that could be changed, then SAY what you think should be changed, not just be as vague as possible to confuse and anger people.

SomeoneRandom

12-07-2009

I guess since you have no idea how to play the easiest hero to solo a whole team ill give you a tip...

with your items your stacking crit.... your hero gets to 100% crit in a fight in 3-5 seconds anyways... an infinity edge is all the crit you actually need on your items...

you have bloodlust listed as crit chance not crit dmg

And I agree with getting MC up higher since it will get you infinite kills early on

Ominous Bob

12-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneRandom View Post
I guess since you have no idea how to play the easiest hero to solo a whole team ill give you a tip...

with your items your stacking crit.... your hero gets to 100% crit in a fight in 3-5 seconds anyways... an infinity edge is all the crit you actually need on your items...
I'd expect more know-how from person so quick to trash others.

Stacking crit is THE way to go. I dont get the whole 100% crit in 3-5 seconds. Bloodlust increases your crit DAMAGE, and your passive increases your crit CHANCE. Unless you plan on hanging around low hp percentages (why?), stacking crit is super awesome. Bad troll is bad.

To the person who suggested getting a regrowth pandent, I thought of doing that, but I find brawlers gloves just helps more in the long run. Seeing as I stack crit chance runes, brawlers helps me heal up quite often, and the pots help for the first couple of levels before I get bloodlust to level 2/3.

Just for discussions sake, I build my Trynd as follows to great success:
Brawlers + 2 Pots
Averice Blade (more crit, gold per 5 is a nice bonus)
Zerkers
Zeal
Scepter (Life leech becomes very helpful and allows me to solo dragon from here on out)
IE (Start by getting the crit cape, then BF)

At this point I assess the situation, if my team could use a nudge in team fights I upgrade my scepter to a starks, If I keep getting focused on I might get Banshee's Veil, and if everything is going well I'll upgrade my zeal to a PD. I've never had a game last this long, but if it would I'd sell my averice and get another zeal or a bloodthirster/black cleaver.

Zeero

12-07-2009

Some good information in this thread.

As a recent convert to Trynd I have tried a LOT of different starting builds over the last couple of weeks. My favorite and seemingly most effective thus far:

Brawlers Greaves + 2 health pots.

I have tried regrowth into warmogs, lifesteal, into starks fervor, or even powering my way to bloodthirster. I find that brawlers greaves works the best. You crit often enough that bloodlust is almost always up when needed, you get last hits often for better farming, and you can lay down huge damage on other heros in a couple hits. I can easily solo vs most ranged classes with a hit and run strategy and totally dominate most other melee classes. The hero that ws able to stand up to me recently was mundo because of his ridiculous regen, but I still prevailed.

I typically farm until I have enough to get 2 avarice blades + boots. At this point I am a force to be reckoned with. Lately I have been getting the Boot of Mobility and have been loving it. I makes roaming, ganking, and farming so much nicer when you have that speed.

You can have success with Regrowth Pendant or even Life Steal depending on the opposing team but I feel that overall Brawler's Greaves is the best starting item and plays to Trynd's strengths with means huge crits and lots of bloodlust stacks.

Crunx

12-07-2009

any guide built off of tryndamere going for the first blood just assumes you are playing against horrible players.

His early game, while buffed, is atrocious. At Level 6 he becomes a killing machine. The early game needs to be focused on getting creep kills. Hero kills help snowball if they are bad, but otherwise you just need to farm as he scales incredibly well with crit and attack speed post-patch.

if you can hit the level 6 or 10 mins mark with 1500+ gold, you will win the game unless your teammates feed.

You only need 1 rank of mocking call until end game, stacking bloodlust heal will be game breaking in the mid game and stacking your whirl is easily the best thing to do as it scales with crit as well. The guy is pretty straight forward and plays like a nasus with an amazing ult. just farm and buy your pretty infinity edge and phantom dancer and just faceroll your way to a win.

TrickyCat

12-07-2009

Pretty decent guide, though I do thigns a bit different. Generallly, I make about 3 avarice blades, then get a cloak of agility to turn into IE later.

For Tryndamere, Infinity Edge > Black Cleaver. the Reaosn being is that Trynd's damage comes from crit. And IE will skyrocket your crit damage. Something that black cleaver doesn't accomplish.

Also, to the poster above saying to max mocking shout; that's noob****. You're just gimping your early game more. Max Bloodlust, while the damage doesn't scale, the Heal does. And that's what is going to save your *** early to mid for killing.

generally I start off the same, then get 3 avarice and agility cloak. From there I get berskers boots at some point. Then I get starks. After starks, I build Infinity edge. If the game gets farther than that, I sell an avarice, and get a last whisper. if the game *still* isn't finished, feel free to get a phantom dancer/black cleaver.

Generally, I roll with cleanse and rally. Works out pretty well. As far as runepage is concerned, just pure crit damage is what I go for.