Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot::aram not starting

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MadLock

03-30-2013

Not working for me.

QrTz115

03-30-2013

The only reason a game doesnt start is if a lot of people dodge in that same lobby. Start another lobby and it will work fine

Bensam123

03-30-2013

Dodging has nothing to do with games not starting.

WellWHOOOOSThis

03-30-2013

The client is so god awful and inconsistent. It's amazing that they haven't completely revamped it yet. Client still randomly crashes whenever you try to view someone's profile, games randomly don't start, errors pop up when you click "play," and a host of other issues.

Bensam123

03-30-2013

Aye... they have a huge budget now, I don't know why they don't remake the game from the ground up. Adding a hero to the game shouldn't break half a dozen other heroes, causing latency issues, and force people to update a third party program just to get custom games working.

This is game is turning into a patch job. I still have issues with keypresses sometimes not registering and that's been a bug for years.

FDru

03-30-2013

Quote:
Bensam123:
I had the same issues. Updating Adobe AIR fixes these problems. Download adobe air and have it update.

I don't know why RIOT doesn't include Adobe Air updates with their game patches. It seems to break every few patches because Air isn't up to date.

Absolutely wrong. League uses a captive runtime of Adobe AIR and neither downloading nor installing another version will do anything.

The only way to get LoL to recognize a different version of AIR is to overwrite the folder in the LoL current version directory for Adobe AIR with a different runtime.

Bensam123

03-30-2013

Huh, well it fixed the issues for me and there are other users confirming it as well... You wouldn't happen to know of examples in LoL where things don't always work the way they're intended due to haphazard code would you?

Say like adding another new hero and breaking 4-5 others.

It doesn't need to make sense. It's the way it's working right now and it's what you need to do to fix issues if you're having them. I can confirm it, other people in this thread can confirm it, and the bug report where I initially found this fix (which was to update everything Adobe) can confirm it. I narrowed it down to Adobe Air.

Launchpad

03-30-2013

It's a bug that deals specifically when there are multiple people leaving and dodging aRam games. Frustrating really badly because you want to play a random champ but then when you get people who do want to play with you you end up having to leave the lobby because the "room" is broken

Bensam123

03-31-2013

This wasn't the same thing as the bug that has been happening off and on over the last few months.

For me custom games simply did not work or launch. I joined games and I couldn't communicate with half the people in the room, the chat showed people joining and leaving the game but they never showed up in the player list, the games I were in were never launched, at least not on my screen no matter how long I sat in them.

This was fixed by updating Adobe Air. Check out the bug report forums.

Kalarepa

03-31-2013

Quote:
Bensam123:
Dodging has nothing to do with games not starting.

It has a lot to do with games not starting. If there are too many dodges, room gets bugged and games never start. It has always been like this.
However, looks like we have another reason, why games don't start on top of that.