What stat would you add to Executioner's Calling to Upgrade it?

Attack Speed 7 13.21%
More Critical Strike Chance 12 22.64%
More Damage 29 54.72%
Lifesteal 22 41.51%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

What to do with Executioner's Calling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

epicz753

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thubgar View Post
isn't it already the most cost effective source of crit available?
late game its useless though

WildEyolf

04-09-2013

Fully support an upgrade for this item.

turulHAARP

04-10-2013

bump

turulHAARP

04-17-2013

last bump

BMRGould

Recruiter

04-17-2013

I've never really looked at the item much, but after thinking about it I feel like it could be a very useful item against certain champions. That being said I'd consider it more if it had some lifesteal on it.

OrigamiGuy

04-17-2013

i was trying to discuss this item yesterday but not many talkers :/

i suggested mixing hexdrinker+ calling and have the %hp regen added to a sheild which charges to a cap and and pops at a % of your health. let me clarify...

lets say you get this new item. well it has a base shield of 300 and 10% of the vhp/5 removed by grievous wounds. so you start attacking mundo during his ulti. he heals for 1000 each second. 1/2 off is 500 and 10% is 50. so your passive shield grows by 50 every second as long as you reapply the passive. what do you think?(btw the numbers above are not real just to show a point)

Edit:: actually if this were to be made the 10% would have to be raised to like 40% because the 50% reduction would be around 90 hp/sec so 40% would be 36 to the shield each second.

Death By A Bunny

04-30-2013

As it is now, Executioners Calling, I think, is meant to be more of a counterplay item rather than a powerful item. The crit and AD are not much compared to any late game item, but the grievous wounds is useful against massive healing characters like master yi, mundo, volibear and so on.

As it relies on basic attacks, I think it's meant to appeal to ADCs and it would probably prove useful when going head to head against the enemy ADC as they basic attack you like mad and only gain half the amount of health they should be restoring.

All of this, however, becomes overshadowed by amassing a greater deal of lifesteal and attack damage, and players simply rely on their lifesteal to sustain and don't think of debuffing any other sustaining enemies like mentioned above. Players work on outsustaining their enemies and rely on teamwork as later into the game 1 vs 1 battles are pretty non-existant, so the need to reduce your enemies healing capacity becomes overshadowed by your ability to deal massive amounts of damage beyond what the enemy can handle healing.

I personally only build an Avarice Blade early to get gold faster (imagine ashe E + avarice + twisted fate? KACHING!) and then I either build it into a Shiv or sell it to make room for an extra ingredient item when I feel I have sufficient gold.

Warbane

05-01-2013

What I dont understand is why Executioners Calling doesnt Turn into BotRK, the no healing would be great on a reworked version of the BotRK