What stat would you add to Executioner's Calling to Upgrade it?

Attack Speed 7 13.21%
More Critical Strike Chance 12 22.64%
More Damage 29 54.72%
Lifesteal 22 41.51%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

What to do with Executioner's Calling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZIO82

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2013

Haunting Guise now has a great upgrade path to Liandry's Torment.

I like Executioner's Calling and with it had a upgrade path similar to Liandry's Torment.

I don't know where it would fit in maybe Cloak of Agility and add more Critical Strike Chance.

Curious want would the community want?

Thubgar

03-30-2013

isn't it already the most cost effective source of crit available?

67chrome

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thubgar View Post
isn't it already the most cost effective source of crit available?
No, discounting the passive you get around 2000 gold worth of AD and crit for 1900 gold. Essentially every item offering critical strike chance that's more expensive is more cost effective - and a wide range of crit items build from Avarice Blade, so it's not like Executioner's Calling has a edge on that front either.

TheRottenCrow

03-31-2013

considering its name is Executioner's calling, implying its the last thing to happen in life, why not give it something more related to its name? for example, increase its damage by 5 and provide the passive - increases the damage done by critical strikes by 25% (does not stack with infinity edge).

TheRottenCrow

03-31-2013

I only say 5 damage because itll sound a bit more appealing to grab that way

arconic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2013

my gp misses the lifesteal on it

FlameanatorX

03-31-2013

I think the upgrade should be similar to haunting guise's upgrade into liandry's: it should have an increase to the crit and gain some cool unique passive/active.
It's possible that it could build into a counter to hp stack? Since there are no ad counter hp items other than BotRK, which is an auto-attack/on-hit effect item. It could provide %current/max hp damage, scale with crit and not scale with aspd... say, "dealing physical damage to a champion applies them with a debuff which reduces healing by 50%. Dealing physical damage to said champion again deals 10% of their current hp in physical damage (2 second cooldown). This damage can crit." or something along those lines...

Note: I have no idea what I'm talking about ^^^

Pizzatime89

04-07-2013

Why did they ever get rid of the old one? that was a good item and i could build it on almost anyone that was AD that needed crit.

turulHAARP

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzatime89 View Post
Why did they ever get rid of the old one? that was a good item and i could build it on almost anyone that was AD that needed crit.
This.It was so much better.Though it was probably too god,but now we have "this".

turulHAARP

04-07-2013

Similarly to Liandry's the AD should be doubled on the upgrade item and MAYBE increase the crit chance by 10%.But this might be too much as it would synergy with some champions too well.

Also browsing the wikia page comments i found an interesting idea that could be used as a new active,passive on the upgraded version:

"what if in the time grevious wounds were on an enemy you gain heath for a persentage of what that enemy would of healed for in that 1.5 seconds ? "

What he/she wants to say as far as i know is you gain %amount of hp of the amount of hp the enemy would have healed in the 1.5 seconds while grievous wounds is applied.

This could work very well with a proper % value.

Also i was reading the lore regarding the item and found some interesting things:

Quote:
This was when R.H. Armaments countered with the ECLS2 – a modified version of the ECLS1 with an eject-able barb at the end of the blade. With a simple flick of the wrist, experienced users can fire the barb at enemy targets from a distance. This “feature” was met with some contention, however, due to it requiring much more training to use effectively than the ECLS1. The Arcanum Majoris approved the original ECLS1 for use in League matches, but they upgraded to the ECLS2 on February 24, 20 CLE last year. Currently the League uses the ECLS2-L (League) model, which was specifically commissioned by the Arcanum Majoris. The ECLS2-L features a slightly higher amount of scarlet steel, at the cost of a bit more weight. The result provides much more life-essence siphoning than the original.
According to this Lore which is in Journal of Justice:Volume 1,Issue 17 the weapon has a barbed hook at the very tip of the blade.
So a new active could be done with this in mind too.

New upgraded item stats/passives/actives would be the following:
+50 attack damage
+20% critical strike chance which MAYBE should be 30% .

UNIQE Passive: Your basic attacks inflict Griveous Wounds on enemy champion for 1.5 seconds.

UNIQE Passive:When Griveous Wounds is applied on an enemy champion,in the next 1.5 seconds you heal for 25% of the amount of hp they would gain in this time.

UNIQE Active:
Ejecting the barb at the tip of the blade will deal x dmg in a line,an enemy/unit will suffer greatly reduced dmg if the barb already hit a unit/enemy already.

Other version: It could hit in a cone in front of the wielder.In this case every unit suffers the same dmg.Though in this case either need to deal half dmg to minions or none at all.

This item does NOT need utility.It's about raw power!!!
And NO, it does NOT need %dmg based on enemy hp whether it's current or max hp.

Theorycrafting
about the healing part and why it would be just fitting for the item and easy to balance:
Let's say Soraka heals you for 200 hp and Griveous Wounds is applied on you.(not counting in the hp/regen part now)
This means Soraka heals you for 100hp.

Now the enemy has the new EC with which he/she will gain 25 hp.

Let's say you are an AD carry that heals for 30hp with every auto attack.Griveous Wounds is applied on you again.
You gain 15 hp instead of 30 hp.
The enemy with EC gains 3.725 hp every time when you attack him/her.

This is with 25% amount which could be very well adjusted.

I think this is a reasonable amount of "lifesteal".

Thoughts?

Edit:"Another" version of the active.