Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Open discussion]The complete "Counter this champion guide" (WIP)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azing

03-21-2010

Quote:
Mord is all about early game. The person who said to say away from him probably just meant don't engage him directly if you're laning with him. His shield maxes at 300 dmg so by mid game its useless. This is when you get him. Right when a good hit can take down his whole shield, but he doesn't have two or three big armours yet

Actually his shield gains more 'health' as he levels up. It gets up to I believe around 700 damage absorption if I remember correctly.

Quote:

In laning unless you have at least two stuns/snares and a nuke between you and your partner this is basically no point in trying to kill him. He just throws out his shield charg cone and he has enough shield to just turn around and walk away.

In late game you really can just stay away from him. His ulti isnt that good unless you're already low health, his shield is useless and he's slow as hell. Kill him last in teamfights and get a friend to help you gank him if he's backdooring.

Your best bet is to get him though around mid game or while his shield might be gone. Harrassing him with ranged also works. A good mord will know though when hes getting ripped up from his shield and taking some significant damage. They will account for such if its to much damage by playing defensively using shield. He can use his cone in order to attack from a range as well being kept further back in mid game before he gets considerable armor to absorb damage.

Late game if hes playing good he will be built up as a tank with some Magic Penetration. His shield will be up a lot and even if hes focused chances are he can easily restore it while fighting. High armor/MR gives his shield the ability to stay up much longer giving it a chance to go off CD before to much damage is taken. Combined with his ult against a more beefy tank he can effectively take hits from the entire team while his own kills if they so target him.

Your best bet against a good Mord is to focus on Magic/Armor penetration like Last Whisper or Void. It will render his stacked defensives to be weaker thus letting you destroy his shield sooner and do more damage.

Taios

05-26-2010

Don't move in straight lines. Dodge skill shots! Dodge, dodge, dodge! If you see Blitzcrank winding up, if Morgana springs forth from the woods, if Mundo hurls his cleaver at you, GET OUT OF THE WAY!! People always seem to want to run in a straight line. They run in a nice, predictable path, directly away from the enemy. Blitz performs a rocket grab, and another life is needlessly lost. If there are ANY champions on their team that do skillshots; Ashe, Nidalee, Blitzcrank, Sivir, Ezreal, Dr. Mundo, Morgana, or countless others I can't remember right now, ZIG-ZAG!! ZAG-ZIG!! Whatever you do, quit running in a straight line!! I almost never get hit by skill-shots, and this is why. When attacking creeps, keep moving every few seconds. Sitting still is just asking to get hit by a skillshot, and you deserve to get hit because you were just standing around like a bump on a long.

Perhaps a simple zig-zag is too hard on people's sensitive hands. Then can keep on feeding the enemy. Me? I'm gonna dodge. I'll get that kill you should have had.

marblz

05-27-2010

I'm very likely low elo and all but I've been playing rammus a lot.

I'd add that being aware that DFC, especially combined with thornmail is pretty painfull. Don't get into taunt range if you don't have a lot of health left. Also, because of this don't towerdive if he's anywhere near it.
While he's outside of DFC he has the potential to cover a lot of ground very quickly with Powerball combined with ghost he can wreck the opposite teams retreat. While he has DFC activated though he is comparatively slow as you can't activate PB while DFC is active. (I personaly go Ghost/Clarity, if team mates need help I can be there VERY quickly. PB has a low cooldown, regardless of whether ghost is up.)

On the tower luring, I'd only guess it'd be a pretty daft rammus there without creeps or backup and without one of his haulass cds available (and very few creeps of yours around to, given tremors)

Priamos

05-27-2010

Vs. Teemo:

Teemo is an anti-carry. His blinds and Toxic Shots are meant to beat down carries in single, prolonged combat. But Teemo's weakness is that he doesn't have ANY burst damage. The way to beat him is to either get a mage or nuke him, or hit-and-run. Don't try to get in an extended fight with him, though.

Leirkov

05-27-2010

Ryze is still a threat early game, I'll have to say. The way I play him (I'm not high ELO but I'm also not in the idiot ELO range) you can easily use Spell Flux for harassment (along with autoattacks) while it bounces off minions and still last hit. Eventually when Prison is 1.6/2 seconds he's more of a threat but he's easy to counter if you keep your distance.

Banshee's Veil and silence is a good way to counter.

Nekomata Waltzer

05-27-2010

Alistar:
In the early game, stay a safe distance from him at all times. If he has the right lanemate, you'll be in for a world of hurt after you get stunned and headbutted.
Once teamfights get started, make sure you kill Alistar last. A good silence after he pops his ult will make him useless in the meantime. Also, keep your team spread a fair distance apart so he can't stun too many people at once.

Master Yi:
Early game, keep in mind that he has higher damage output than most champions. Don't overcommit, then he won't get a chance to hit you more than once. Harass him at range if you can. Later on, stun him or blind him, then he's useless. You might need to do it more than once if he has Cleanse. Don't towerdive at a meditating Yi, too many people fall for that trick.

Shen:
Don't get too close to enemy towers if Shen's guarding them. His taunt will make the tower hit you. Once he hits level 6, your team must remember not to overcommit to any close fights where Shen could pop in. In teamfights, try to stay spread out so you don't all get taunted at once. Don't go for Shen until you've dealt with the squishier enemies.

Jax:
Burst damage casters counter Jax fairly well. If you're another physical carry, don't try to 1v1 Jax. In fact, very few characters can 1v1 Jax in the late game. Engage him as a team, and make sure you have enough burst damage when you do. Of course, there's also Sword of the Divine.

Sion:
Don't chase Sion alone. I've made this mistake many times. He'll put up his shield, turn around and stun you, hit you a few times, then run away again. This may very well kill you.
If he puts up his shield where you can see him, remember that you can attack him to pop it. He can't explode it himself until it's up for a few seconds. Don't blindly run away every time he puts up the shield. He might just stun you and catch you.

Muramas

05-27-2010

Linked your guide in mine, care to link back?

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=1391221#post1391221

Pwnacus Maximus

05-27-2010

The whole thing about udyr is completely wrong. he has turtle stance to block damage and bear stance to run away. your best bet is to focus him, and pray he doesn't have cleanse, else he's hard as heck to kill.

Physic

05-29-2010

Quote:
peyo:
Shaco:

6) and finally, if you know which one is a real one, or you're going to gank Shaco, mark him with G button (the blinking mark), so you will know who to focus on

G click doesn't work anymore sir.

Yellow Jester

05-29-2010

Mundo is not countered by brute force. He is countered by running the **** away and coming back with a team gank. Buy an executioner's calling to counter his ult and attack him with it when he will need his ult the most (protip: after he kills someone or when he goes to do an early dragon).