The Karma Verdict

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Naokazu

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feynt View Post
Riot made this change thinking that nobody played Karma. Well... Nobody did play her almost, they have stats for that. One of the lowest ranked champs on LoLking as well for usage. Her rerelease saw a sudden spike in usage, but now two or three days later not even I want to play her. I'm playing Janna now because she has a strong shield and team heal. Basically, they took a good champion that had required a different way of thinking, and made her a generic AP carry with subpar skills. I mean hell, even Xerath has a better root than Karma, and his is reliant on a follow up (it's actually a stun, but whatever). The only tweak she needed was adding a root to her Spirit Bond, that's it.
I agree completely, I was hoping she'd be a viable mid with good burst early to mid-game, switching over to AP support to make your team unkillable later. As as she is now I have no reason to play her when Lux, Orianna, and Morgana exist.

Novä

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by niqht View Post
Real Karma only needed:
-auto attack range increase
-little more scaling on heal
-dot on spirit bond, stun on mantra'd bond

... and call it a day
bring the old karma back

Ementri

03-31-2013

I was an avid Karma player back in the day, when I played mostly normals. She was a very fun and unique champion, that had plenty of depth and challenge. This new Karma is by no means the same champion. She is just another generic ap mage and boring to boot. I would love to try and figure her out, and if she can actually do well. The problem is she is just so boring compared to old Karma, and I can`t bring myself to play her. I think if they made old Karma`s W into current Karma`s W, she would have been in a fine spot. She just feels so boring, and it feels like she has no character depth.

ZAakKeN

03-31-2013

From what I've played so far she needs one or two of the following:

Q is fine honestly maybe reduce the delay on the 2nd explosion although as long as you cast Q+R just after you start to W it should always hit

W targets allies, maybe heal is split in half in those cases or something whatever riot can do the math but let me heal my carry please

E needs flat buff of both shield and damage or in scaling (MS boost is nice but ultimately not enough to balance out this vs the old E)

R needs either 2 charges or the passive recharge needs to work at half or quarter strength vs minions/neutrals (as opposed to not at all)

Peacë

03-31-2013

Quote:
They replaced her cause no one took the time to Learn to play her.
It's a common theme. I assume it will get worse as the champion pool grows larger.

Silkdawn

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naokazu View Post
Mechanically she's completely different, and if that's the route Riot wants to take then we can't stop them.

Her base skills are just horribly undertuned, she does no damage at any point in the game.
Ive only had ONE match so far, but I wondered about that aswell, didnt seem to do any damage a bit in (granted I didnt had much AP items), but I mean I didnt seem to do ANY damage o.O

A little confused on how to build her, since she obviously would benefit from both health, some MP (optional I think), some mana regen, CDR and since shes now a little squishy some Armour and MR aswell. Not quite sure where to fit in the AP items

Naokazu

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkdawn View Post
Ive only had ONE match so far, but I wondered about that aswell, didnt seem to do any damage a bit in (granted I didnt had much AP items), but I mean I didnt seem to do ANY damage o.O

A little confused on how to build her, since she obviously would benefit from both health, some MP (optional I think), some mana regen, CDR and since shes now a little squishy some Armour and MR aswell. Not quite sure where to fit in the AP items
Her kit is schizophrenic, her Q suggests that she's a long range poke mage, but her W and E suggest that she's supposed to get up close where she melts now because her shield is so much weaker.

KFHayz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naokazu View Post
Her kit is schizophrenic, her Q suggests that she's a long range poke mage, but her W and E suggest that she's supposed to get up close where she melts now because her shield is so much weaker.
This is actually Astoundingly True. The best way for her to play at this point is to leash them along Q'ing them till they get low then just dive on in. Otherwise its go tanky or go home.

HisOwnDamnSelf

04-03-2013

I can understand them wanting to make Mantra more significant, BUT IT STILL SUCKS. Mantra doesn't make abilities feel like an ult any more than they did in the past by much. The only thing they did was give it a cooldown as long as or longer than other mage casters.

Her q damage is pretty weak, minions block it which makes it even more annoying and for what it is and does the range isn't that great either. Ezreal does better as AP, Brand, Lux, Orianna, Zyra, Viktor, Lulu and they all have similar toolkits. As for support Karam is worse off than before. She at least used to offer a team heal and a longer duration on haste.

Her main issue was lack of range to be a safe champion and that she didn't have good synergy with laning with AD champs early lane phase. If her w did damage before it would've helped tremendously then and the new root effect would've been great then as a reliable escape. Her damage output just isn't good and her utility is inferior.

I liked them trying to make mantra more significant, but it still sucks. Mantra if anything makes her abilities decent, not great. Their base damages and effects are quite sucky. If you was me, all the bonus effects should exist without mantra, mantra should just boost things like damage, range and area of effect.

Disgruntler

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisOwnDamnSelf View Post
The only thing they did was give it a cooldown as long as or longer than other mage casters.

You mean Lux. That's pretty much the only ult that compares, really, and that's getting nerfed hard.