Udyr Has Officially Been Ruined

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

asamu

03-30-2013

I have to say this... Try Jungling Udyr with Tiger stance... The combos...

Also, don't max Turtle stance anymore. you don't need to. Maxing phoenix stance is actually worth it now with the proc on the initial hit. Bear-Tiger-Phoenix-AA = ~1000 damage in a single hit, and with CDR, you can do that every 3.6 seconds.

Build mana regen. Get philo stone or a tear and spirit stone. The fact that they removed turtle is hardly noticeable with the mana regen, and if you are jungling it really doesn't matter. You should just be sitting in tiger/phoenix stance when you are low on mana.

The only thing that they really nerfed was his laning. His jungle is definitely stronger.

1st game with him in the new patch as Tiger jungle I went 9/1/10, having the most kills, the most assists, the least deaths, and the second highest damage to champions. Udyr's ganks are way stronger.

Skill order: Q-W-E-Q-Q-W-Q-W-Q-E-E-E-E-R-R-R-R-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Fury View Post
Yeah man those udyr changes were ****ty, and haha what about rumble he doesn't have an ult anymore that's crazy
What? They barely touched Rumble's Ult. Yeah, the instant damage is lower, but it still deals the same amount overall. They nerfed it because it was dealing as much damage initially as other ults which didn't have additional damage over time, slows, and has insane range.
Rumble's ult has overall the highest base damage in the game if they stand in it for the full 5 seconds, and has a 1.5 AP ratio. His Q deals more damage than most Ults and it is AOE on a 6 second CD.

Rumble's kit has 2100 base damage and an AP ratio of 4.4375 with just each of his 3 damage abilities being used once while in the danger zone(which isn't hard to stay in). That is far more damage than most other champions (If any others have damage even close to that), and he is naturally pretty tanky.

SouthernSun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2013

Why Riot why?

Trollihomas2

03-30-2013

Riot, hear our cries.
Udyr is never picked.
You can stay in lane forever ONCE YOU GET AHEAD.
ONCE.
AHEAD.
This means counterplay options are always there, and it's not as if Udyr has EVER been a problem in games, juts in lane. Which noone plays. Ever.

niqht

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hr f Tm View Post
BRING THE REAL UDYR BACK, YOU NERFED THE ALREADY HUMBLE AND FEEBLE CHAMPION. VOTE TO BRING HIM BACK!

What is Riot thinking? Was this a joke just to like tease us?

I've been playing Udyr way before I turned level 30 (way back when I was at a low level), and I've grown to know his style and nature very well. I used to pick him every single match, and Graves once in a super great while. Basically, I go Udyr nearly every match, and let me tell you he officially got ruined.

Karma lovers say hi, and welcome to hell.

auraslip

03-31-2013

I don't know what you guys are talking about, but you haven't experience life in solo que recently. Udyr has become a must ban. He is the most disruptive and unkillable champions there is right now. Worse than garen by far. If he gets ahead in lane a little bit, it's pretty much game over for your team.

You must be building him wrong, because he has been a top lane terror in half my games tonight.

Peligrad

03-31-2013

IN LANE!?

You trolling me right now?

I will say, that I really like Udyr right now in the jungle. It took some special runes and some time to figure the build out but, he's really strong once that is all figured out.

But in lane? Lol? Bronze I kid is silly...

Lexinus

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Very American View Post
well, i don't really think you know what you're doing if you only play him on threes.

and play, what i'm assuming from your other forum topic, only the 3's map lol.

you realize that if you activate r at the base and autoattack and recast it that you'll cast two successful bursts?

GROUND BREAKING HNNNNRG
This guy says he mains Udyr and you think he doesn't know the champ? You realize that someone who mains a champ usually looks up countless builds and styles to play him? Too quick to be rude.

SouthernSun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2013

Udyr feels so squishy now.

AWildRaticate

03-31-2013

I cannot wrap my mind around why people think Udyr got nerfed. His Tiger got straight buffed, his Turtle shield got buffed and mana regen nerfed, Bear nothing but buffs, Phoenix buffed where it counts, nerfed where is doesn't matter. Jungle Tiger Udyr is much stronger now than he was before and all the MS buffs actually make it so you can build more damage because he's just so slippery it's almost impossible to get meaningful damage on him when he stance dances properly and keeps the passive stacked.

RadiantWings

03-31-2013

Jungle Tiger Udyr's clear speed got nerfed with the change from magic to physical damage because monsters have way less MR than armor. The movement speed came at the cost of his survivability which means it's easier to stick damage onto him.

His laning was also destroyed. No mana sustain on Turtle means it's harder for him to stay in lane. Tiger becoming physical damage means that he's trivially easy to counter-build now. And those new mana costs don't really help because he saves 8 mana per stance at rank one (going down to a difference of ZERO at rank 5), 8 mana is something he gets from punching once in pre-nerf Turtle stance.