New Karma

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JevelFaithful

03-30-2013

I'm honnestly not sure what you mean by her niche, she could have 2 or 3 that fits. Which one are you talking about?

The dmg-sheild-duality one you could have orriana or someone like nami, but neither of those are really the same feel.
Close range mage? New one fits it I think, or a lot of bruisers reliant on skill instead of AA.
Help while being offensive, there are a lot. Pick your flavor honnestly. (ori, nami, mumu, nidalee, teemo...
Comeback? New one kinda does it (i've seen some beautiful mantra+W plays so far) or most cc heavy support will do it.

GhostbladeX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2013

I wish they would bring old karma back, sadly the only thing I like about the new karma is her skin... even the new lore I'm unimpressed with.

Personally just bring back old karma and make her heal from her Q scale off max life and I would be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statiqhock View Post
I'm honnestly not sure what you mean by her niche, she could have 2 or 3 that fits. Which one are you talking about?
Her old niche was a strong scaling shielder with a % based group heal. All in all she tended to do better in a team of bruisers, she also had good utility with her speed laser.

FrozenBlades

03-30-2013

Quote:

The dmg-sheild-duality one you could have orriana or someone like nami, but neither of those are really the same feel.
Close range mage? New one fits it I think, or a lot of bruisers reliant on skill instead of AA.
Help while being offensive, there are a lot. Pick your flavor honnestly. (ori, nami, mumu, nidalee, teemo...
Comeback? New one kinda does it (i've seen some beautiful mantra+W plays so far) or most cc heavy support will do it.
Thats just the thing isnt it, she fit into all of those easily, and i dont think any other champ does, she felt powerful and like a support and not like ori or morgana, she felt like... well like karma, she wasnt flash ulting ppl, she wasnt artilary(however you spell that, laziness op) she was a close range, high burst, support mage...
She was just karma and no one else seems to fill that space

JevelFaithful

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenBlades View Post
Thats just the thing isnt it, she fit into all of those easily, and i dont think any other champ does, she felt powerful and like a support and not like ori or morgana, she felt like... well like karma, she wasnt flash ulting ppl, she wasnt artilary(however you spell that, laziness op) she was a close range, high burst, support mage...
She was just karma and no one else seems to fill that space
You're right that no champs really fills it all. But I think "a lot" of champs fill some niches. I doubt we'll see another O.Karma because it didn't really worked out, but we have and I'm sure we'll see other champs that fill some of those niches. That's what I meant. Gameplay-wise, I think the new karma gives me some of those things I liked with O.Karma.

We might see another "close-quarter healer". Who will probably have an offensive side considering the general direction of the game. But I think it will look like more O.taric than O.Karma.

@GhostBladeX : I liked her sheild, I'm still not sure how her new one scales yet. I'm pretty sure the damage doesn't scale like it use to. The aoe heal? I never really saw the difference unless I'd chain 2-3 together. Which is still a good 15-20 sec +- mantras. basically, I never really got the fuss about her heal. I liked more the aoe nuker/close quarter side. The new Karma gives me a bit of that.

GhostbladeX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2013

Quote:
@GhostBladeX The aoe heal? I never really saw the difference unless I'd chain 2-3 together. Which is still a good 15-20 sec +- mantras. basically, I never really got the fuss about her heal. I liked more the aoe nuker/close quarter side. The new Karma gives me a bit of that.
Well the thing about the AoE heal was that it was hard to hit your whole team with it during a fight, and even if you hit 2-3 people it didn't do much unless they were at 10% life so most of the time it was barely noticeable.
Again it's something that couldn't be spammed due to requiring mantra, the damage component of it wasn't bad, and healing/damaging at he same time did appeal to some people.

JevelFaithful

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostbladeX View Post
Well the thing about the AoE heal was that it was hard to hit your whole team with it during a fight, and even if you hit 2-3 people it didn't do much unless they were at 10% life so most of the time it was barely noticeable.
Again it's something that couldn't be spammed due to requiring mantra, the damage component of it wasn't bad, and healing/damaging at he same time did appeal to some people.
We're on the same page then. It's just I never saw it as an interesting part of the character.

Did save me a couple of close bait.

Ashlea

03-30-2013

I sorta like the visual, everything else.. I dunno. I wasn't opposed to the remake until it actually came out, she isn't as fun anymore imo (though I realize she was very underplayed and the like). I regret not saving a refund to refund the Karma skin I have (Sakura, mostly because it's genuinely ugly now), because I'll likely never play her.

Naokazu

03-30-2013

My thoughts:

Q is too weak earlygame, buff it to 80/125/170/215/260, no change to lategame. Also the explosion radius is tiny, one teemo at best, and it seems inconsistent in where it originates from.

W should get back its passthrough damage in some form, and should be targettable on minions and neutral monsters, like Q its damage in pitiful early, especially accounting for how easy it is to break; buff it to 80/125/170/215/260+.8AP, possibly buff Mantra W damage since it's single target (if it gets passthrough it still is very unlikely to hit others much)

E need more power lategame, and a reason it level it, buff to 80/130/180/230/280+.8AP, prevent the recipient of the main shield from benefiting from the mantra shield.

R actually feels ultimate now, aside from possibly buffing W it's fine, it's her base abilities that need work.

FrozenBlades

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naokazu View Post
My thoughts:

Q is too weak earlygame, buff it to 80/125/170/215/260, no change to lategame. Also the explosion radius is tiny, one teemo at best, and it seems inconsistent in where it originates from.

W should get back its passthrough damage in some form, and should be targettable on minions and neutral monsters, like Q its damage in pitiful early, especially accounting for how easy it is to break; buff it to 80/125/170/215/260+.8AP, possibly buff Mantra W damage since it's single target (if it gets passthrough it still is very unlikely to hit others much)

E need more power lategame, and a reason it level it, buff to 80/130/180/230/280+.8AP, prevent the recipient of the main shield from benefiting from the mantra shield.

R actually feels ultimate now, aside from possibly buffing W it's fine, it's her base abilities that need work.
This thread isnt saying shes weak now, im just saying i want old karma back

Naokazu

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenBlades View Post
This thread isnt saying shes weak now, im just saying i want old karma back
I'll agree that I loved old-Karma's playstyle, but you have to accept that Riot wanted her to fill a different niche, partly to better fit the meta.