New Karma

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FrozenBlades

03-29-2013

I'll start by saying i get it, she was a very underplayed champion and you guys wanted to change that, great.
But wouldnt simply changing her visuals and lore do that?
And maybe its my fault since i bought her when i heard you were changing her and fell in love with something that was going away, but i still cant help but feel sad that one of my favorite characters has changed from a support char(regardless of where you go), to a mage(regardless of where you go).
And im not sure how many others out there feel my pain, and i hate to just complain but i REALLY miss the old karma, she was fun, had good burst, and could work miracles in a team fight.
I dont know how you managed to give a char more cc and take away all their utility at the same time.

But i'll stop *****ing, im sure u guys have heard enough of that, im just gonna listen to 2pac and pour out a lil liquor for the real karma

The Snacrifice

03-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenBlades View Post
I'll start by saying i get it, she was a very underplayed champion and you guys wanted to change that, great.
But wouldnt simply changing her visuals and lore do that?
And maybe its my fault since i bought her when i heard you were changing her and fell in love with something that was going away, but i still cant help but feel sad that one of my favorite characters has changed from a support char(regardless of where you go), to a mage(regardless of where you go).
And im not sure how many others out there feel my pain, and i hate to just complain but i REALLY miss the old karma, she was fun, had good burst, and could work miracles in a team fight.
I dont know how you managed to give a char more cc and take away all their utility at the same time.

But i'll stop *****ing, im sure u guys have heard enough of that, im just gonna listen to 2pac and pour out a lil liquor for the real karma

+1

I'm very, very unhappy about this rework. I was unhappy when details started coming out, and now having played her live....

They literally took everything that made her interesting and either made it terrible, or directly replaced it with a crappier power from a different champ.

rochell92

03-29-2013

Just played my first ranked as Karma support, wow...just wow. Her cooldowns are too long, she has no survivability due to her old passive being removed, and her Q is worse to land than Ez's.

RIP Old Karma

FrozenBlades

03-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rochell92 View Post
Just played my first ranked as Karma support, wow...just wow. Her cooldowns are too long, she has no survivability due to her old passive being removed, and her Q is worse to land than Ez's.

RIP Old Karma
All you do is run around and press q now, i miss acctually thinking about what skills i would ulti, now its so strait forward, no reason to enhance her e, and her w is really questionable, and her ult has the longest cd ever.
I thought the point was to make it so she wasnt so strong with 2 stacks of her ult, now shes **** unless she has one, and the wait is omg wtf riot.
All we can do is hope they find a way to bring her back at least in performance.

MarcusGraves

03-29-2013

im not super familiar with the new karma yet since i didn't try her on PBE but i don't like the new passive. why couldn't they keep her old passive to let her do those massive shield baits she was good at and move gathering fire's passive into mantra?

CerealBoxOfDoom

03-29-2013

I enjoy the new karma just like I did the old one. In fact I find it much easier to support my team now. Perhaps I was bad at old karma but my playstyle hasnt changed much with her.

Quote:
All you do is run around and press q now, i miss acctually thinking about what skills i would ulti, now its so strait forward, no reason to enhance her e, and her w is really questionable, and her ult has the longest cd ever.
Q- has a doubly strong slow with mantra and it creates a permaslow that effectivelty ignores tenacity

W- Did this always reveal units? anyways, this gives karma some survivability and hard CC. You dont really need to mantra into this unless you need to heal

E- the point of leveling this is because at level 3 it matches the active of shureya's reverie but sacrifices area of effect for being able to change the origin to any ally within 800 units.

R- see her passive. She can level this and empower all 3 abilities more or less. She can also just go for her normal abilties. She just can't max out anything as early as she used to.

FrozenBlades

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
I enjoy the new karma just like I did the old one. In fact I find it much easier to support my team now. Perhaps I was bad at old karma but my playstyle hasnt changed much with her.

Q- has a doubly strong slow with mantra and it creates a permaslow that effectivelty ignores tenacity

W- Did this always reveal units? anyways, this gives karma some survivability and hard CC. You dont really need to mantra into this unless you need to heal

E- the point of leveling this is because at level 3 it matches the active of shureya's reverie but sacrifices area of effect for being able to change the origin to any ally within 800 units.

R- see her passive. She can level this and empower all 3 abilities more or less. She can also just go for her normal abilties. She just can't max out anything as early as she used to.
There is no denying that she is still a good pick(probably) but she doesnt fill the void, karma had a very specific playstyle that no one fits now, and i dont think anyone will again

JevelFaithful

03-30-2013

Quote:
I thought the point was to make it so she wasnt so strong with 2 stacks of her ult, now shes **** unless she has one, and the wait is omg wtf riot.
All we can do is hope they find a way to bring her back at least in performance.
Way to hyperbolise?
Quote:
There is no denying that she is still a good pick(probably) but she doesnt fill the void, karma had a very specific playstyle that no one fits now, and i dont think anyone will again
I'll agree with you on that one. Best we can have is to find a champ that isn't made to fill the niche and semi-fill that niche with that char.

FrozenBlades

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statiqhock View Post
Way to hyperbolise?
It was the first day ad thats still how i feel, i might just be disappointed in her sheild or sumthin but her other things just "feel" so weak
Inb4 math

FrozenBlades

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statiqhock View Post
I'll agree with you on that one. Best we can have is to find a champ that isn't made to fill the niche and semi-fill that niche with that char.
I'll gladly buy whoever that is if you point it out but so far i see no one even close to karma, new karma xpecially.