I would like your opinion when I play morgana mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Poliwrath

03-29-2013

I have noticed that when I play morg mid, the enemy jungler doesn't really try and gank me as much anymore, I think its the spell shield. My play style needs work, I won't deny that, I have problems pushing the lane, as well, so I'm usually never too deep into enemy territory, or really pressuring enemy tower. I do enough to force the enemy mid laner to stay in lane with me. I usually start with 2x wards, 6 pots, and 3 blue pots.

But I was thinking of changing that to a sapphire and 2 pots since they really never try and gank me and I play a little on the safer side, and to get a head start on catalyst then eventually RoA.

Also, do you think its better to rush zhyona's then RoA, or vice versa?

Merb2

03-29-2013

Well... I don't play her often since I main jungling, but when I play her I get a dorans ring to start. She has passive spell vamp so I find I don't need pots. Sometimes I would get pots if you are against someone really bursty, but you counter people pretty well with a snare and a spell shield.
Also, when I play her I max W first and use that to heal up and farm minions. It will be hard to get the whole wave with one W, but once it is maxed it will be easy to get at least 3 each time while you can play it safe.
I usually don't push much with her since she is so slow since I buy a doran's ring instead of boots. I just wait for the enemy mid to expose themself so I can snare them with a q.
Also, your W will lower their magic resist so as soon as you send out your snare, hit a W on them so the snare will do more damage on hit. Using your R to slow them down so you can get the snare on them is pretty good, but I usually don't do that since I often like to get a lot of points in my Q first and just gank top and bot. A 3 second snare is deadly if you gank a lane that can do damage, not to mention you can just use your ult when you are in front of them so even if they flash away they won't escape, that gives another stun on them.

As far as rushing Rhyona's then RoA, I get RoA in early or mid game (not too late or it won't get max stacks). I don't get Rhyona's unless they are really focusing me. Because of her shield she does a decent job at avoiding snares and stuns. I usually get RoA, then deathcap, then deathfire grasp, then zonya.
Items are all situational though, if you need more armor then get zhonya's, if you have good tanks with a lot of cc, then you probably won't need it until late game.

Trrees

03-29-2013

Well Morgana is about pushing mid hard and outfarming your opponent for me. So I max W first, then Q, then E. I'd start fairie charm, 1 ward, rest pots. I like to push to tower, which is easy with Morg's W, then do wraiths/wolves.

I don't really build ROA on Morg anymore. TBH, Zhonya's of course is necessary. But with her cooldowns now so high, I think Athene's is necessary, which is why I go with charm first -> fast chalice.

If you do like to start ROA, can stay with that. I don't think Zhonya's will be needed before ROA, since it's going to be done early, and not that many huge team fights -> Zhonya's not as needed then.

doomed2death

03-29-2013

While jungler presence sucks, its absence thereof tells me you're not really pressuring your lane. Morganna has a lot of room for aggressive play since her Spell Shield is so powerful if well timed. Harass your enemies, push them back, and pressure turret every once in a while.

Now, this will bring jungler (possibly reluctantly) to your lane. Your Spell Shield and wards are going to be vital at this point. Remember, 2 failed jungler ganks in your lane is a lost opportunity on 2 other ganks elsewhere. That's your goal!

Get RoA first imo. You need more MP, sustain, and to charge up RoA.

Also you have an unnecessary amount of sustain in your build; I wouldn't really say sapphire + pots is the best build on her either but change it up a bit. Especially since you clearly don't need it.

Poliwrath

04-02-2013

Did a sapphire w/ 2 pots against a leblanc. She ruled level 1, after that she couldn't do enough to kill me.. But my first recall I got cata. She couldn't damage me enough anymore in an all out brawl, especially if I landed my bind. Went 6/0/4 =D Props to jungler.

Their jungler tried twice to gank me, even w/out vision on him. He failed obviously. Spell shield ftw.

Omicron Austin

04-02-2013

I'd rush Zhonya's on Morgana, and really encourage your jungler to try to make a play at Dragon as soon as you get it. Morgana's strengths really shine in mid-game teamfights.

As for starting items, I'd say it's very variable depending on who you lane against.

TsukiNaito

04-03-2013

I always start with Amp tome and a pot, then rush liandry's on morgana. stun then pool hurts like hell and clears waves fast. gives you the health that you need. after that its zhonya's for the armor and damage, not to mention the passive. then get athene's and deathcap. I never get roa on her, honestly you dont need it with liandrys/athenes