Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Champion Concept] Gardna the Unbreakable Shield

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mulvone

04-01-2013

bump

Mulvone

04-01-2013

bump

the Zetorian

04-01-2013

it sounds interesting, i really like the idea of the armor scaling though.
i have no idea as to how he would be balanced because ive never seen that kind of scaling before

Mulvone

04-01-2013

Quote:
the Zetorian:
it sounds interesting, i really like the idea of the armor scaling though.
i have no idea as to how he would be balanced because ive never seen that kind of scaling before

The scaling came from Taric's W and i changed it a bit

The5lacker

04-02-2013

Mana is a bit much for a non-mage. Most people don't have 300 base mana, or really need it.

Phalanx only reflects melee attacks, and because of how radii and autoattack ranges work, it won't even reflect some champ's melee attacks. In addition, a Phalanx isn't about damage reflection, it's about strength in numbers and overwhelming an opponent. I think perhaps giving him and nearby allies an Armor and MR buff based on the number of champions around him would be a better passive for the name, or perhaps changing the name of the passive to Retribution if you want to keep the name. Unfortunately, I don't see much use for it. It doesn't reflect much damage, and it doesn't punish anyone with any range to them, I.E. most mages and AD carries who are going to be dealing the damage you want to be reflecting.

Q is potent and straightforwards, no real problem here other than the Armor scaling. At the very least give it 60% bonus AD scaling as well, and reduce the armor scaling by a decent chunk. Scaling on stats other than AP and AD has to be handled fairly carefully, and he already has plenty of motivation to build armor.

Not sure why he has a ranged mage hate. As someone who's solely building armor, it seems to me his primary goal is gonna be charging into the enemy line and pulverizing their carry, much like Vi.

Not quite sure how his E works. It's a targeted dash to a champion that grants them a shield, but all damage to the shield is dealt to him? Huh? Why not just have it be a dash like Lee's that shields the two of them and grants the ally a percentage of his Armor?

5% damage reduction is really underwhelming. For comparison, this is maybe 10 bonus Armor and Magic Resist. 20 at max. A shield scaling on armor is interesting, but as an ult this ability is amazingly underwhelming. A shield with a strength of maybe 600 at a max and 10% damage reduction. That's...lame.

I can see what you were going for, but there are a number of major problems with this champ, the first one being he basically needs to build every armor item in the game to do much of anything. Once he does, he's practically invulnerable to physical damage: And then the two magic damage dealers tear him a new one because his health and MR are low as hell because he's been building straight armor. He can't even make good use of Atma's because of how underwhelming his health will be, and even with his decent CC effects, doesn't have much of a teamfight presence due to the lack of an Ult and the fact that he's a tank with a built in "Don't focus me" button in the form of his passive. As a tank, he really needs something to draw attention to himself, and he doesn't have anything on that particular end.