Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Champion Concept] Gardna the Unbreakable Shield

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jeansstriker

03-30-2013

Not sure how I feel about the passive still.....the fact that it's ALL damage could mean that someone could do some serious damage to themselves just by using their abilities. Also how would effect over time abilities be affected, like Tristana's E?

Mulvone

03-30-2013

Quote:
jeansstriker:
Not sure how I feel about the passive still.....the fact that it's ALL damage could mean that someone could do some serious damage to themselves just by using their abilities. Also how would effect over time abilities be affected, like Tristana's E?

Well it only does at the least 5% at max level (not counting the +1% per every 100 armor) which isn't that much.

If anything i could have it do more damage to melee champs and less damage to ranged seeing as how in real life a Phalanx would only affect those up close to it and ranged champs aren't really close. Another idea is probably put a range/aura on the passive instead of whenever hit, so anyone near Gardna will receive the damage if they damage him, but if they are out of that aura range then no damage.

jeansstriker

03-30-2013

I actually like the new passive. Makes him a very big threat to melee champs and anyone near him. Also I feel that the new Ultimate is too.......weak? I guess. It feels like Alistar's ultimate but nerfed to hell. Maybe keep the less damage passive as, but make the active closer to Alistar's, which I think goes to 70% AND breaks him free of CC.

Mulvone

03-30-2013

Quote:
jeansstriker:
I actually like the new passive. Makes him a very big threat to melee champs and anyone near him. Also I feel that the new Ultimate is too.......weak? I guess. It feels like Alistar's ultimate but nerfed to hell. Maybe keep the less damage passive as, but make the active closer to Alistar's, which I think goes to 70% AND breaks him free of CC.

Yeah, now looking at Ali's ult, this one just seems crappy haha. Ill think of something

The Eden Cadaver

03-30-2013

Quote:
jeansstriker:
1) You sorta stole the name from Yugioh. Not sure if that's intentional or not.

2) This champ reminds me a lot of a champion I made. Here he is if you wanna look:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3210957

3) That passive is incredibly overpowered. Its essentially a Thornmail, BUT FOR EVERYTHING!!!!!

4) why only enemy champs for the stun?

5) Not gonna question how a shield silences......just not gonna.

6) I like the idea of the E, but whats the point of the tacked on bonus armor? Isnt the interception good enough?

7) Straight up passive "I take less damage"? Wow. Just wow. That's pretty freaking OP. Also isnt Alistar's Ult essentially this guys but.....well....better?

Damn, somebody's butthurt.

josho bra

03-30-2013

Pretty big opportunity to turret dive but could lack the means to fight champions on your own good idea but.

Mulvone

03-31-2013

He can fight champions on his own, long enough for help to get there, or if he built a bit offensive could possibly even kill.

Mulvone

03-31-2013

bump

jeansstriker

03-31-2013

I like what you did with the ultimate. Pretty much makes him a "yea that damage dont mean ****" wall. Plus if you get his armor really high (say 350-400) that's one impressive shield.

Mulvone

03-31-2013

Quote:
jeansstriker:
I like what you did with the ultimate. Pretty much makes him a "yea that damage dont mean ****" wall. Plus if you get his armor really high (say 350-400) that's one impressive shield.

Thats the idea I mean his title IS the Unbreakable Shield, i have to implement that somewhere in here haha