Taking so long to patch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chooncha

03-29-2013

After being unable to open my client, I did a completely fresh install. I've been patching for about an hour and a half, and I'm 35% through it. It's taking forever. This is the first time it's taken this long. My net isn't capped and my service is running just fine, so surely it has to be an error on Riot's end. Pls help?

Heres my speed test results:

http://speedtest.net/result/2608074970.png

Chooncha

03-29-2013

Can I please get a response, instead of just leaving my thread to die like every other one I try to start/get help with?

Topher84

03-29-2013

Just close the installing and re-open it. I've had it where it only goes like 100k then I re-open and it goes way faster.

Dataslave

Adjudicator

03-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chooncha View Post
Can I please get a response, instead of just leaving my thread to die like every other one I try to start/get help with?
You waited under an hour before bumping your post, and unfortunately I there aren't people sitting here hitting refresh waiting to answer your questions immediately. Give it at least 24 hours

Honestly, the patch process on the mac is extremely slow right now. Your network speed is only a minor factor at this point; The bulk of the patch process involves making changes to your local hard drive, and it can take a long time. Without a more detailed description of what you're seeing (or a copy of your patcher logs), its difficult to say.

As an example, on a solid state drive, which is orders of magnitude faster than a conventional hard drive, a fresh reinstall and patch can take over an hour. I've seen reports of people waiting 3+ hours and eventually having the patch process finish. The problem is only getting worse as more patches get released. My current best advice for all "slow patch problems" is simply to let it patch overnight.

That said, it is possible there's something wrong that can be fixed. Can you post your patcher logs? I'll take a peek and see if I can figure out what part its having trouble with.

HappyNinja

01-15-2014

im at 99% for like 20 min and it says 10 sec left

BreakingBadWalt

01-16-2014

HappyNinja we have the same problem, 99% and then forever 99%

BreakingBadWalt

01-16-2014

Can I get a response from the Adjudicator? Do not leave it as it never happen. It does happen and cause a lot of annoying mood.