ATTN: Riot - Athene

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

derpius

03-28-2013

For real, why is this Athene deal being brushed under the rug? You can ban me for this, I don't really care, but it's pretty goddamn hypocritical to pretend you care about "toxic players" and ban professionals, then turn around and let some guy like Athene blatantly cheat his way to diamond on stream. You know he gets a paycheck from his big charity too, right? There's no such thing as altruism.

What I really mean to ask is: if I start streaming for "charity" too, can I cheat my way to challenger? Is that what everyone's supposed to take away from this?

Nobody can rationally call for Athene to be banned given the (ostensible) benefits to starving children, but sacrificing the legitimacy of the game is frankly bullsh*t. Given that the backlash would be minimal should he be "reminded" (preferably through the reversion of his illegitimately gained rankings) that regardless of the bigger picture, he individually is a scumbag who's spent the last however many hours sneering at people who are rightfully calling him on his bull****.

I fully support the charity Athene is promoting, but that doesn't excuse him being a scumbag about it. His charity is a vehicle for his personality, and by allowing him to get away with what he did, you spit in the face of everyone who got where they are legitimately in this game. I can understand why every thread about this is getting locked, since it erodes the legitimacy of this game - and thus business as a whole - as a viable vehicle for e-sports, but it doesn't make it any less deplorable.

Athene's personality cult will probably descend on this thread within a couple minutes and the moderator soon after, so if you agree with what I'm saying, copy and paste this post until Riot acknowledges Athene's bullsh*t.

GG l AFK

03-28-2013

+1

Kroda13

03-28-2013

what it really comes down too is it isn't anyone business but Riots and Anthenes

Akilroth

03-28-2013

Bro he went to Africa and stood next to some Africans. Diplomatic immunity.

universe within

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-28-2013

He's a scumbag who hides behind a charity so he can continue being a scumbag. If he's called out on being a scumbag his defense is "LOL I doe nate monay to charity."

JuJu Bear xD

03-28-2013

Being a scumbag is what attracts the fans, everyone knows Athene by being the best player in the world (He was trolling btw if you didn't know that) If you're watching his stream right now he just explained why he turns out to be the way he is. How did Athene cheat by the way?

Mavloc

03-28-2013

Where is the proof he even donates the money??

Anyone got links?

Edit:
BAN ATHENE

2 Week Ban+
Removal of Rank and Athene's Unholy Grail

oh marceline

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by universe within View Post
He's a scumbag who hides behind a charity so he can continue being a scumbag. If he's called out on being a scumbag his defense is "LOL I doe nate monay to charity."
Pretty much this. How did he cheat his way to Challenger? I tend to ignore him because he's obnoxious, so I'm out of the loop.

PRINCE OF PERSlA

03-28-2013

sup derpius, vidya aram?

ArcDriveFinish

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavloc View Post
Where is the proof he even donates the money??

Anyone got links?
He donated it to his Elo boosters as confirmed on his stream.