Champion Spotlight: Karma, the Enlightened One

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mordukai

04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastBox View Post
The reason I give it a month is because people DON'T give up; the bandwagoners try the champ and go back to their mains, the whiners just whine, and the actual players put the champ through their paces while Riot monitors the situation and buffs/nerfs slightly where appropriate. This has always been the case, most recently with Kat and Jax. You can whine all you want; everyone whined about them too. In a month, we'll see where Karma is. If she's truely as bad as the whiners say (and that would be a world first) then she'll be tweaked. Until then, nothing we say matters. It's playtest time, not armchair quarterback time.

You're just saying people give up because you're still trying to rationalize your opinion as fact. Time will tell. It always does. This has nothing to do with Karma specifically; there is ALWAYS a kneejerk reaction.

Yes, that's why she was the least played, least winning champion in the league. Millions of people were just playing her wrong. It's all their fault.

Honestly, yes. Millions of people were playing her wrong. I won a majority of the games I played as her because Karma could keep a person alive at 10% hp for quite a while. I want to say 90% of the other karmas I saw built her as dps and did not support their teams at all which basically made them lose. A good karma wins games. This new karma has no place in this game. There's absolutely no reason I would pick her over any other support or ap mage type character. Lux is far better with all the same utilities and an actual ulti. Karmas ulti is far too weak for its ridiculous CD. Oh and if you miss your easy to dodge Q then you just wasted it. They either need to buff the hell out of the mantra effect, or add 2 stacks onto it and lower the CD. and by buff the hell out of it I mean Q would be a much large area and explode whether it hits something or not, say the area of Zyras ulti with the same amount of delay on the 2nd effect. W would either have to be like Morgana's ulti or Varuse's ulti where it can jump from target to target and stun whoever stays linked to it. As for E I don't know, maybe make the shield stronger or something. Either way her mantra CD and effects need buffs. It would make sense that her damage is not up to par with AP Mage characters if her abilities had secondary support effects like the old karma.

Mordukai

04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainFalconE View Post
WOW you really know how to break semi decent champs, why not just give her a 5th ability that states, once karma hits level 18 she wins the game, you basically did it so why not add in the new ability? Come on you know thats what you want to do. You love to break champs so give her a 5th ability guys make her more OP then she is already.

You must be a really big noob if you think Karma is op...

Marth Wagner

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosta92Zmaj View Post
Karma was much better before...RIOT only makes champs stupid... -_- Did that with Twitch, made AP Yi,TF,Trynd o.OOOO This game is getting so bad...
Say what you like about the others but twitch is fine, hope all he gets is a visual update for his model and splashes. He's actually better than old twitch... Especially with some specific item choices that didn't exist before...

Ira Nibanabane

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastBox View Post
Well that is the point, yes. We won't know how well this version of Karma really mesures up until she's been out for a while.
I don't think I was clear, your link was relevant to the comments, but only if they are taken by themselves and/or with regard to a Karma that was made to fill the criteria mentioned. When you apply them to this topic, being a Karma that fills none of the criteria mentioned in the posting with this new model, it holds no water as an argument. Rather it reaffirms that this new Karma was done in all the wrong ways.

jonejon

04-02-2013

sweet another op mid champ

Xarue

04-02-2013

how bout giving nasus some of that earth fire animation buddies.

sling14

04-02-2013

ya shes still bad lol

SixXeRSeXMaChiNe

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterRohan View Post
I miss the old Karma, those who wanted a rework on Karma didn't play her to her fullest potential. The new Karma does not support well now, she lost her healing effect as aoe and the Mantra does not have stacks and has a long cool down. Please Riot, if this is the new Karma you're gonna install in game, just give me the old Karma back and give the new Karma a new name. I felt the old Karma lovers should have a chance to refund all her skins and the champion because this is a completely new champion.
The old karam SUCKED. Riot. Dont listen to any of these newbs that are saying they miss the old karma. The new karma is sooooo much better its crazy. You ppl are insane. Literally QQ babies for not even a good reason? you have to make something up? Sorry, but if you think karma was good before, then you are in the 1% group, not the 99% reality group. Get a clue.

SixXeRSeXMaChiNe

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esobe View Post
How hard would it be, or would it be asking too much.. if you retained the Old Karma's kit in addition to her voice acting for the "traditional" Karma skin, so that those of us who used to actually play Karma (unlike all the blind "luv this rework!!1 she's sooper viable nao!" players), could still play the more optimal version of her?
No. You play for free. Unless you choose to pay. Why dont you be thankful you live in a part of the world that has electricity. 25% of the worlds population has ZERO electricity. And Im reading this comment from you QQ about a newer, better, LONG AWAITED, very cool karma? You're not in a correct state of mind. Think before you post. If you are one aginast 1000 that sisnt like her before, why would you waste youru breathe? I mean, honeslty... why? Its not ggonna go back to being the stupid karma. So why Keep QQ? Be thankful you play free games that are as cool as League. You're spoiled IMO

SixXeRSeXMaChiNe

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sling14 View Post
ya shes still bad lol
She is AWESOME compared to before. Props riot. PPL actually run from her now. LOL
I have played against karma mid, and team and all the rest. She OWNS. PERIOD. If you dont own with her. Go practice a new champ on the bots like everyone else maybe? Then QQ?