Champion Spotlight: Karma, the Enlightened One

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thee Zs

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenluvartz View Post
Janna, Orianna and TF are also high skillcap champions and they've all been popular picks - TF and Ori still are. If the old Karma had been any viable, she WOULD'VE been seen in a competitive team in the 2+ years she's been around. I enjoyed her, I won't lie, but I can see that she is a better champion overall now.

Also, I read your post and I am reminded of the threads we had after Katarina got reworked. People complained that she had gotten worse at killing stuff and that the challenge of playing Kat was gone, well, after a few weeks they changed their minds and acknowledged that she was better post-rework. She even saw competitive play. Hurray.

People need time to adapt, give it a few weeks.
WHOA! really??!?? so she needs to be in competitive play to be viable? i'm sorry. think you just eliminated more than half the cast lol. the only reason she isn't is because she isn't "top tier" like some characters. try another reason. maybe it can be valid this time please? =D

Thee Zs

03-30-2013

Here's what i'd like...i want to see the old karma vs the old one. people who LOVES this deformed karma vs an old one. i'll watch like a million matches and see which one is better in terms or farm, utility and damage output. I would say the old one wins hands down.

What i think is that Riot noticed it was becoming a problem since karma was so hard to kill mid that they decided to rework her before anyone knew what she could do in a bigger scale. I could be wrong, but that's what i think.

BeastBox

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by StygianSoul View Post
cause ppl give up after a while and they will just eventually go play another champ but this doesn't mean this rework is a bad result to karma, this new fake karma can be a release as a new champ
The reason I give it a month is because people DON'T give up; the bandwagoners try the champ and go back to their mains, the whiners just whine, and the actual players put the champ through their paces while Riot monitors the situation and buffs/nerfs slightly where appropriate. This has always been the case, most recently with Kat and Jax. You can whine all you want; everyone whined about them too. In a month, we'll see where Karma is. If she's truely as bad as the whiners say (and that would be a world first) then she'll be tweaked. Until then, nothing we say matters. It's playtest time, not armchair quarterback time.

You're just saying people give up because you're still trying to rationalize your opinion as fact. Time will tell. It always does. This has nothing to do with Karma specifically; there is ALWAYS a kneejerk reaction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thee Zs View Post
I guess you didn't know how to play her before.
Yes, that's why she was the least played, least winning champion in the league. Millions of people were just playing her wrong. It's all their fault.

StygianSoul

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastBox View Post
The reason I give it a month is because people DON'T give up; the bandwagoners try the champ and go back to their mains, the whiners just whine, and the actual players put the champ through their paces while Riot monitors the situation and buffs/nerfs slightly where appropriate. This has always been the case, most recently with Kat and Jax. You can whine all you want; everyone whined about them too. In a month, we'll see where Karma is. If she's truely as bad as the whiners say (and that would be a world first) then she'll be tweaked. Until then, nothing we say matters. It's playtest time, not armchair quarterback time.

You're just saying people give up because you're still trying to rationalize your opinion as fact. Time will tell. It always does. This has nothing to do with Karma specifically; there is ALWAYS a kneejerk reaction.

Why would we try to still play a karma that is not karma, do you understand the situation? Karma is not karma anymore with those abilities. her play-style is change forever because this is a totally different karma. So ya, I will never play this karma because the play-style is just not fitting me anymore. A buff/nerf should be toward the original play-style instead of changing the play-style into a different one. Maybe you said I'm whining, but I pay the money to buy a champ that with a unique play-style has change into a different one, feel like I buy a coke and inside is pepsi, wtf?

MasterRohan

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by StygianSoul View Post
Why would we try to still play a karma that is not karma, do you understand the situation? Karma is not karma anymore with those abilities. her play-style is change forever because this is a totally different karma. So ya, I will never play this karma because the play-style is just not fitting me anymore. A buff/nerf should be toward the original play-style instead of changing the play-style into a different one. Maybe you said I'm whining, but I pay the money to buy a champ that with a unique play-style has change into a different one, feel like I buy a coke and inside is pepsi, wtf?

I totally agree with you on this. I picked Karma to stand out in the queue and surprised people that there's still good Karma players around ( best game was a quadra kill!!!). But now instead of getting coke, im getting pepsi, and I want to smack the vending machine and try to get my coins back!

xXxMaCxXx

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
[youtube]lWIj3IRz8DI[/youtube]

Channel the powers of Ionia in this Champion Spotlight as Karma, the Enlightened One, now completely remade and ready to rejoin the Fields of Justice.

In her new role as mage-support, Karma goes toe-to-toe against opponents in solo lanes or when paired in a traditional bot lane. With a versatile skillset that protects allies and blasts opponents, as well as three distinct ways to supercharge her abilities with her ultimate, Karma’s dangerous no matter which role she fills on your team.

For more info on Karma’s new abilities, sample mastery builds, tips, tricks and everything in between, check out the Karma Champion Spotlight now.

Our Traditional Karma skin - a vintage skin that pays tribute to Karma's old aesthetic - will be available in the store for 975 RP beginning on March 29 at 11 AM Pacific. After two weeks, the skin will be retired to the Legacy Vault, so get it while you can.
they said if i buy karma i can get 1 free skin from her.. so i think thats not true.. =(

Ekkos

03-30-2013

i tried the new karma. she is terrible. She can't last in team fights because you changed her ulti and her passive. her damage is mehh because i'm too focused on building survivability i can't go ap and stay alive during team fights. and the fact that her ulti no longer charges is aweful! even with CDR i feel i can use it once every like 30 seconds or more. i am quite disappointed with her. i use to use her a lot as a main, but now... i will be putting her on a shelf to sit till she's fixed...

xXxMaCxXx

03-30-2013

they said if i buy karma i have 1 free skin for her but i think its not true =(

xXMsMowzXx

03-30-2013

Is there anything we can do to get the old Karma back? I don't think Riot cares about the people who liked the original Karma...That's messed up. She was reworked for the sake of the people who didn't like her, does that make any sense? Instead of keeping her the same for the ones who did like her and were good with her...just blows my mind. Karma used to be cool: I could go any lane I wanted and do good, I COULD GET TANKY, THE BURST WAS AMAZING, THE PASSIVE WAS GREAT, I LOVED HER HEAL/DAMAGE with heavenly wave it was awesome!! I COULD MAKE MY AP CRAZY. Now I play Karma because of my memories of her but...It's not the same and now I AM FREAKIN SQUISHY WTF IS THAT ****?? Can we petition this or something? I want THE REAL KARMA BACK. Also...I LOVED HER FANS :...(

xXMsMowzXx

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thee Zs View Post
WHOA! really??!?? so she needs to be in competitive play to be viable? i'm sorry. think you just eliminated more than half the cast lol. the only reason she isn't is because she isn't "top tier" like some characters. try another reason. maybe it can be valid this time please? =D
She was the best support I used to get 10+ assists every game. And some of my own kills. Now she is squishy..wtf right?