Champion Spotlight: Karma, the Enlightened One

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aeolian Melodies

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira Nibanabane View Post
Probably one of the most to the point and well written posts on the topic here. Hopefully Riot will acknowledge this as a mistake and actually do something about it. They made a lot of jokes about her not having enough "fans" as to why they removed her fans and changed her so drastically, but it seems pretty obvious they were wrong on this one. She was probably one of the highest skill cap champions in the league, which would turn a lot of people away, but there was a lot of reward to playing her well because of it.
Janna, Orianna and TF are also high skillcap champions and they've all been popular picks - TF and Ori still are. If the old Karma had been any viable, she WOULD'VE been seen in a competitive team in the 2+ years she's been around. I enjoyed her, I won't lie, but I can see that she is a better champion overall now.

Also, I read your post and I am reminded of the threads we had after Katarina got reworked. People complained that she had gotten worse at killing stuff and that the challenge of playing Kat was gone, well, after a few weeks they changed their minds and acknowledged that she was better post-rework. She even saw competitive play. Hurray.

People need time to adapt, give it a few weeks.

BeastBox

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenluvartz View Post
Also, I read your post and I am reminded of the threads we had after Katarina got reworked. People complained that she had gotten worse at killing stuff and that the challenge of playing Kat was gone, well, after a few weeks they changed their minds and acknowledged that she was better post-rework. She even saw competitive play. Hurray.
Historically, this is how it has always been. AFAIAC, nothing anyone says for at least a month even matters.

TryalX

03-30-2013

I absolutely hate this rework. i used karma in ranked ques and did incredibly well! the fact that she had a great kit and riot seemed to think it wasn't useful is beyond me. her new kit is trying too hard to be damage which in the end is still weak, i think this is a rather useless rework! bring back the old karma geez....

Jozobad

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryalX View Post
I absolutely hate this rework. i used karma in ranked ques and did incredibly well! the fact that she had a great kit and riot seemed to think it wasn't useful is beyond me. her new kit is trying too hard to be damage which in the end is still weak, i think this is a rather useless rework! bring back the old karma geez....
no ty

StygianSoul

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastBox View Post
Historically, this is how it has always been. AFAIAC, nothing anyone says for at least a month even matters.
cause ppl give up after a while and they will just eventually go play another champ but this doesn't mean this rework is a bad result to karma, this new fake karma can be a release as a new champ

rock ant13

03-30-2013

Can i get a refund on karma? i liked her fine before, but now i don't want her.

Ira Nibanabane

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenluvartz View Post
Janna, Orianna and TF are also high skillcap champions and they've all been popular picks - TF and Ori still are. If the old Karma had been any viable, she WOULD'VE been seen in a competitive team in the 2+ years she's been around. I enjoyed her, I won't lie, but I can see that she is a better champion overall now.

People need time to adapt, give it a few weeks.
I play Orianna pretty actively, and I'd have to say that the old Karma was still a lot tougher to play well, trying to figure out her every intricacy was probably too much for most people. I know I stopped practicing with her due to sheer irritation; her abilities and your skill in using them could make or break your team in a large fight. Learning to play the old Karma was something I had started again a bit before this rework and I was just starting to see her potential. This new champ isn't Karma, it's some generic mage with an almost mind numbing play style. She'll probably see competitive play, but as she is now, it's not likely to be as a support and if she ends up supporting, it will be something like having Orianna or Riven as support; probably doing most of the damage, but letting other people get the kill. She wont really add the CC of either of them either since all she has for a CC effect is a 1.5 second slow at 25% and her ability to root the enemy just gets her hit for too long for too short and mediocre an effect. She doesn't really have a way to come back from that sort of exchange in a positive way either since her heal requires mantra that you're not likely to use on healing.

xXMsMowzXx

03-30-2013

I really liked the first attempt at the skirt for the remade sakura karma, the one with a rectangle strip of fabric in the front and back. I don't really like the wrap around skirt she has now with the slit in the front. The color scheme has been perfected but the skirt now just looks like it "tried to be a kimono" instead of having it be more open and give her room to move like the first attempt did. First attempt skirt + new color scheme = perfect sakura karma. But sadly I don't think Riot will change it now

http://alwayscrispy.com/wp-content/u...kura-karma.png
+
http://i.imgur.com/Vr7guKF.png

Top half of the newest one looks perfect though ex. face, hair, and shirt also the leggings and shoes look nice.
Basically just change the style but keep everything else.

StoneLily

Recruiter

03-30-2013

I love the new art... but I really really hate what you guys did to her abilities.. :/

Thee Zs

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watafool View Post
I love new karma. She is so much fun. She has so much utility in her kit, and its so much easier to use now than it was before. To speed up your entire team, they had to run through your tether, and same for slowing an entire enemy team. Now you can just use your mantra'd shield to speed up your team or use soul flare to slow an enemy team. Fantastic.

Her heal before was okay, but moving the heal to only herself allowed Riot to make her strong overall.

I'm really glad with the way she turned out, and she feels really good to play.
I guess you didn't know how to play her before. The way she is now is so much worse. the only thing i can see that's better is her speed boost and root. everything else is just bad. when karma could harass mid and clear waves at the same time, that was the most amazing part. sort of like AP sion, but can get away and deal a lot more damage when low life. what does she have now?....a slow with 1 spamable ability. not worth it.