Champion Spotlight: Karma, the Enlightened One

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cheney Lannister

03-29-2013

Meh I thought old karma was one of the more champs in the game, they could have just released this new champ as atypical mage champ, and gave old karma the increased aa range and improved shield

Hobbit

03-29-2013

I honestly feel that the new rework has changed Karma for the worse. She is now less bursty with less harassing capabilities as a mage, less utilitarian as a support, and overall LESS FUN (IMO of course). Her kit doesn't allow her to be nearly as clutch as she once was, what with completely removing her heal to allies and nerfing (yes, nerfing) her shield to block far less damage than it once did.

One of the things you wanted to accomplish with this redesign is to make clear what Karma's role is in the game; I could answer that question more easily about the old Karma.

Overall I feel like this update made Karma more complicated to play and less useful, and I think there's still work to be done with her before she is a satisfactory champion.

I also really dislike her new voice acting, but that's completely a matter of opinion.

EDIT: Also, +1 to whoever said the Karma rework was unoriginal. It totally is.

Keine Angst

03-29-2013

This new Karma patch is causing such a problem I think Riot just needs to remove her....

Elexinia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyfrgi View Post
Hey Phreak, you should consider using gender neutral pronouns when referring to players. For instance, in this spotlight you said of helping the jungler with blue, "he'll really appreciate it". Maybe "they'll really appreciate it" instead.
If people are getting offended by "he'll"...then they should really consider looking up the words..Common Sense..

just because he said he or she does not mean he was implying sexism or anything of the sort..its just a defining word...does not need to be fought over

not trying to start anything..im just saying

1nbetween

03-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by icey chiller View Post
i know your getting a lot of hate on the new karma, and feel for ya, i was an enjoyer of the old, tho the new is interesting, but ain't match up in my opinion.

i think if u put the 2rd to hitting any, and manta to stacking 2, u would probably help the char be more, playable for the old fans along with new also. that and toy with the numbers, but i know you do the latter later anyways,

(as a side note, i think the speed for the shield should not be there in place for a little extra damage, her shield/offense was great ideal originally, and now the shield goes to others at half is ok, but the shield only half of ap, is kinda weak, maybe take the speed buff off and add a little more shield from ap?)

sorry for my horrible ideals and input, and also sorry if it seems like saying how should do the job. don't want to ever do that, know you all work hard and enjoy what you do, and get enough hate.
please don't ever post again.

1nbetween

03-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
I honestly feel that the new rework has changed Karma for the worse. She is now less bursty with less harassing capabilities as a mage, less utilitarian as a support, and overall LESS FUN (IMO of course). Her kit doesn't allow her to be nearly as clutch as she once was, what with completely removing her heal to allies and nerfing (yes, nerfing) her shield to block far less damage than it once did.

One of the things you wanted to accomplish with this redesign is to make clear what Karma's role is in the game; I could answer that question more easily about the old Karma.

Overall I feel like this update made Karma more complicated to play and less useful, and I think there's still work to be done with her before she is a satisfactory champion.

I also really dislike her new voice acting, but that's completely a matter of opinion.

EDIT: Also, +1 to whoever said the Karma rework was unoriginal. It totally is.
you mean what she is supposed to be as a hybrid? she has VERY nice stats on damage and great scaling (.6) and even better with mantra (44 sec - the cd from spells) -- less utilitarian? you have a ranged cc that isn't a skillshot like leblancs that snares (you don't consider THAT utility?) and she gets low cd shields for free that ALSO acts as shurelias.

People like you disgust me - Please whine more about how you didn't get EVERYTHING you wanted.

Rauron

03-29-2013

Alright, I've resigned myself to the fact that she's sticking around like this, but can we at least address her spine in the splash art? A fix to that would be so, so nice. Lux would enjoy similar treatment. These are two classy ladies who deserve better.

1nbetween

03-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira Nibanabane View Post
Karma was already like this, more so than most champs. I have to say playing the new one is incredibly underwhelming. I'm just under the opinion that they should revert her to how she was, fix some numbers on her and give her a VU with the fan model she had before.

However, sticking to this new thing-they're-calling-Karma-but-I-refuse-to-acknowledge...

I think they could just make the Q more like Ziggs' minefield where you point and click to place the spell because the skill shot thing is just ridiculous for the skill as it is now.
The W could get the speed boost/decrease from before instead of the stupid Root which would give her some 1/2 decent cc at least and make it so the mantra bonus would serve to let her kite a little instead of just being a gradual heal that probably won't go into full effect because you'll be dead before it gets to that point, given Karma isn't that fast.
The E is pretty much fine as it is for a support type, though the damage and shield amounts might be better to change around given she's supposedly a support.
Lastly, give her 2 friggin mantras again, keep the 45second cooldown and revert to the old passive. This will give her some presence as a damaging support while allowing her to make tactical decisions on when and how to best use a mantra as opposed to trying to attack everyone to refresh it.
SHE IS A HYBRID - you want her to excel at 2 things and thats not what hybrids do.

appreciate her for what she is, she is an incredibly strong ap mid with sustain, burst, AMAZING amount of utility (non-skillshot drain and cc + shield that is a shurelias) and as a support, she has REALLY good base stats so she'll be doing good amounts of damage and scaling well with all the same utility.

Please, you're one of those idiots that probably thought Diana needed buffs on release.

Yohan Leafheart

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2013

As a Tai Chi Chuan practitioner let me tell you I'm so glad she uses parts of the first form as her dance. It looks fantastic

Hobbit

03-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nbetween View Post
you mean what she is supposed to be as a hybrid? she has VERY nice stats on damage and great scaling (.6) and even better with mantra (44 sec - the cd from spells) -- less utilitarian? you have a ranged cc that isn't a skillshot like leblancs that snares (you don't consider THAT utility?) and she gets low cd shields for free that ALSO acts as shurelias.

People like you disgust me - Please whine more about how you didn't get EVERYTHING you wanted.
I merely stated my opinion, like everyone else. People who accuse others of being greedy and expectant tend to disgust me, personally. I didn't start a fight here., and I don't want to. I respect that people feel differently about the new Karma than I do. I would appreciate the same respect in return.