[SOLUTION] PvP.net FATAL ERROR 0001: mod.rds.cmrds

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 16
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Son Golin

Player Support Technical Lead

03-28-2013
1 of 12 Riot Posts

Hello Summoners,

If you're running into an issue where you're seeing a "PvP.net FATAL ERROR 0001" message after you click the Play button in the Game Patcher, this is due to a patching issue of the game client files.

Attachment 648733

[Windows OS]
Please try the the following steps to resolve this issue:

• Open Windows Explorer or Go to My Computer.
  • Go to C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_air_client\releases\[latest version]\deploy\mod (if you installed League of Legends outside of the default location, this will be located elsewhere)
  • Delete the rds folder.
  • Launch League of Legends.
Attachment 649112

Alternatively, you can also do the following:

• Click on the Cog/Gear icon on the top right corner.
  • Within the Options menu, click on Repair.

[Mac OSX]
For our Mac players, the steps to resolve this is very similar:

• Navigate to Go.
  • Click on Applications.
  • Control + Click (or "Right-click") League of Legends.
  • Click Show Package Contents.
  • Expand Contents.
  • Expand LOL.
  • Navigate to ...\RADS\projects\lol_air_client\releases\[latest version]\deploy\bin\mod
  • Delete the rds folder.
Attachment 654737

Note: This only applies to this specific PvP.net FATAL ERROR 0001 (other FATAL ERRORs may not be fixed when following the above steps)
Also, [latest version] refers to the folder titled 0.0.0.43, 0.0.0.254, 0.0.0.255, 0.0.1.0, or higher.

If you have any other issues regarding resolving patching problems, please visit our Knowledge Base article here: https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...tcher-Problems

Lastly, if you continue experiencing this issue despite performing the steps above, please contact us through the Support Site here: https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...s_requests/new

Please be sure to detail your issue and what steps you've previously tried to resolve the problem.

iiTz Darko

03-28-2013

Omg.. Thank you so much, really did not want to repair/re-install.. would've taken forever... even though the queue is like 2hours... :P

AtomicFuzz

03-28-2013

Thank you, my savior <333

FreshBeast

03-28-2013

What I do if I arleady uninstalled league of legends?

Son Golin

03-28-2013
2 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBeast View Post
What I do if I arleady uninstalled league of legends?
If you already uninstalled League of Legends, make sure that the entire Riot Games folder inside the C:\ directory is deleted. After you've confirmed that, you should be able to reinstall the game client and patch normally.

IS17b0de177b68a0d867573

03-28-2013

Thank you very much.

wild nigglypuff

03-28-2013

Thx guys

TacoTaco

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-28-2013

that queue

FreshBeast

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Golin View Post
If you already uninstalled League of Legends, make sure that the entire Riot Games folder inside the C:\ directory is deleted. After you've confirmed that, you should be able to reinstall the game client and patch normally.
I deleted the folders but I can't reinstall league of legends again , what should I do?

Son Golin

03-28-2013
3 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBeast View Post
I deleted the folders but I can't reinstall league of legends again , what should I do?
If you're having issues installing the League of Legends game client, it looks like you're having another issue which we should look into. Please create a ticket within our Support Site so my colleagues and I can assist you: https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...s_requests/new

1234511 ... 16