Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot - Use these ULT ideas

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darklightning

03-28-2013

* Or Fan Champion creators... I realized I care more about concepts than fully developed characters. So here are a few... tell me which ones you like and don't like and share your favorite ult idea!

Support ULT - All Seeing Eye
Passive: Increased range that penetrates bushes
-- Does not provide true sight
-- Disabled during active cooldown
Active: Clairvoyance type effect with true sight.

Bruiser ULT - Unstable Landscape
Active: Movement based abilities (flash, ghost, ahri's ult) fail to perform movement portion of ability within it's field and champions in field take physical damage.

AP ULT - Possession
Active: Takes possession of an enemy champion limited to basic spells cannot active R spell for a period of time
-- Channel effect like fiddle can be interrupted... but once active he rushes at the person like Maokai
-- Enemy is slowed by 50%
-- Enemy champion temporarily switches teams (friendly team cannot damage champion and enemy team can)
-- Champion leaves body right next to enemy when possession ends.
-- If enemy dies while possessed Champion also dies.

ULT - Burrow
Toggle - Consumes mana per second
-- Champion becomes untargetable but still takes damage from area of effect spells
-- Moves at 25% speed
-- Moves under ground, trail of rubble shows path of champion (But champion could backtrack.
-- Can move through obstacles like jumps
-- Exponential increased of mana cost 100 mana > 200 mana > 400 mana for each second.

ULT - Lord of Chaos
Enemy champion is sent to a random position on the map (in jungles)
Side Effects applied to both champions Champion with ability Lord of Chaos:
-- Sent to a random position (in jungles)
-- Slow is applied based on remaining health of enemy (10% health remaining 10% slow for 5 seconds 100% health 0 movement for 5 seconds)
-- Cannot activate a movement based ability for 5 seconds (no flash, ghost, tp or recall)

ADC ULT - Swarm
If cast on ground or anywhere on map champion sends out a drone with 25% of the champion's max health (30% max health lost)
If cast on a part of the swarm (one of the clones) the champion's essence or intellect switches to the other clone along with 20% of the remaining health.
-- Max 3 drones
-- Range to switch TF ult
-- Splits next to champion
-- Drones do 10% damage and cannot perform abilities.

ULT - Mimic
-- When enemy champion is targeted any of the three base abilities can be selected. Ability maintains in it's slot however (their W will become your W... cannot move it to your Q).
(It seems certain types of spells occupy certain positions in the QWE space. This should prevent stacking stuns or movement type abilities...)
-- Cannot target friendly champions
-- When off

ULT - Glitch
Toggle - Mana per second
-- Instead of walking flashes movement direction at sporatic intervals equivelent to movement.
-- Exponential increased of mana cost 50 mana > 100 mana > 200 mana for each second.
Yes, stolen from Wreck it Ralph

ULT - Wandering Soul
Toggle -- Sends out translucent clone that cannot be targeted or damaged but can be seen and see.
-- When ULT ends champion is pulled to their soul.
-- Channel time 5 seconds on each side of toggle, toggle can fail by stun. If done on first 5 seconds clone does not go out, last 5 seconds, champion does not jump to soul.
-- Exponential increased of mana cost 10 mana > 20 mana > 40 mana for each second.

ULT - Portal
Champion channels to create a portal on first cast and a portal on second cast. Third cast dispands portals (no channel). (channels can be interrupted to prevent casting) channel time 3 seconds
-- Each champion that goes through costs 1 mana for range between portals.
-- Mana to maintain portals 10 mana per second.
-- Range: 200 to place portals. Actual distance between portals has no limit other than mana.

TANK ULT - Shared Affliction
-- Toggle - Champion takes 20% of friendly's damage as true damage.
(While active takes an additional 10/20/30 health damage per second)

Okay, I've expended my creativity... back to work.

Love a red comment <sniffles>

Darklightning

03-28-2013

Share your ult ideas! I'd love for someone to point out the ones I mentioned that catch their attention, or worry them.

Ahhhhhhlex

03-28-2013

I like a lot of those ideas. I've thought about a few similar to some of these. hopefully we'll see some of them incorporated into future champs.

Darklightning

03-28-2013

Hey thanks Ahhhlex, I appreciate the input. it's odd how there are all these down-votes over posts that are clearly not that controversial.