High Ping

First Riot Post
12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Caress

12-05-2009

Eversince this latest patch I've been getting high like almost every games I played.
I live in USA,NJ and I normally get 30- 40 pings during a game but now it just jump up to 200-400. Any way I can fix this?? during loading screen i normaly get 90ms and sometime green.
I try reseting my internet connection and router. The High ping cost my game play to have alot of delay. please help!

KroganWarlord

12-05-2009

Same thing happening to me....This is terrible.

Aldeboran

12-05-2009

I am having a similar problem. My latency was perfectly fine until the patch came out. I live in NY, so I am also on the east coast, if that has anything to do with it. I get on the loading screen and sometimes my latency says around 100-120ms, but then other times I go to the loading screen and its RED and is about 400-600ms. I just don't understand it. It is having a very serious effect on my game play, I literally have about a 2 second delay between my actions to where my toon actually performs it. I also play WoW and I do not have this problem at all. I have about 30-60ms in game when I play wow, and that all the time. I do live in a college dorm, but I use an Ethernet cable and never use wireless because I know how drained my network can get. But I don't understand how i can go from one game (WoW) with 30ms latency to 600ms latency on LoL 20 seconds later. Some might say that it could be a problem with my Anti-virus/Firewall. However, I made sure that LoL, and all other related applications have proper clearance and are not prohibited be any means. I believe that did not have this problem at all before the recent patch. But I really wish I could fix it because its extremely hard to play with this handicap : ( especially with my friends on our ATs. Any info that the support team could lend would be extremely helpful, because I do not know what to do.

side note: I have also tried disabling all my Anti-virus/Firewall programs that I have and then used the game, still no success.

Thank you in advance for your help )

KroganWarlord

12-05-2009

This is definitely server side then, since a lot of people i know are also having this problem. RIOT PLEASE FIX!

Delay

12-05-2009

Wow I thought I was the only one ..... I even formatted my computer yesterday...
Yeah RIOT plz fix this ASAP !!!!!!!!!!!!

Goodgas

12-06-2009

bump

Aldeboran

12-06-2009

bump this if you want it fixed!!

sirjj

12-06-2009

Im always at 100 -80

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

12-07-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Thanks for reporting this. If you could please post any logs you guys have from the games with high latency, as well as the following network diagnostic, I'd appreciate it.

Network diagnostic (just paste the URL of the results page):
http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/

TiV3

12-07-2009

I had fluctuating high ping in some games I played around gmt+1 14-18 today (I'm not too sure about the exact time).
The high latency periods lasted several seconds each and appeared pretty randomly.

12345 ... 8