Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Journey Into The Freljord IV: The Frostguard

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wontonphooey

03-28-2013

Really hope Riot doesn't see these comments and rush to redo her appearance. I like that she's not a typical League female. Supermodel-looks are overrated.

Mille Feuille

03-28-2013

I've always wanted to play as Nicolas Cage!

Auricthunder

03-28-2013

Quote:
Finly Erkenwald:
Everyone is jumping on the "evil" bandwagon, but it could also just be that she's actually a good politician, and is not willing to give up too much information to Quinn and Demacia quite yet.

Maybe Lissandre is actually in talks with Trundle, and thus why she is labeling him as not being a threat? Perhaps forming an alliance against the Ice Queen, in return for something for the trolls (maybe territory)?

Maybe she is dismissing the Ice Queen's existence because the person is actually a huge problem, but she doesn't want outsiders knowing of the weakness?

And her castle is black, ancient, and otherworldly, parts of the city are restricted to visitors, and her people worship a mysterious eye symbol.

thewolfknight52

03-28-2013

Quote:
Irayutz:
I've always wanted to play as Nicolas Cage!

We have a winner folks.

THACHARYBINX

03-28-2013

If I still had facebook, that would totally be my new profile image.

The MechE

03-28-2013

Quote:
Auricthunder:
FYI - the Journals of Justice where she's mentioned are 2 and 3.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/story/issue-2-3-august-20-cle
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/story/issue-3-17-august-20-cle

Short summary:
- Princess Mauvole, the Ice Dervish dies in her bed; elders of her tribe called it a natural death
- Lissandra becomes Princess of her tribe, inheriting the title of Ice Dervish
- her first act as princess is to swear fealty to Ashe
- Lissandra, Ashe, and Tryndamere meet for a summit
- in JoJ 4, Ashe and Tryndamere formalize their alliance
- in JoJ 5, Freljord is recognized as a City-State by the League. (Interesting note: previous applications for recognition were denied because the people were too divided)

My guess:
- Lissandra is the Ice Witch and killed the previous princess to rise to the throne and gain access to the League. For what purpose, though?

So, FYI, the title "Ice Dervish" is the name of her tribe and has nothing to do with her being a dancer or anything.

Lissandra looks a lot better in that JoJ than in the art depiction on the first page.

CoyoteStarrk11

03-28-2013

Quote:
texasaurus rex:
And her skin is a shadow/fire themed skin named Melisandre (http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Melisandre).

THIS.

Melissandra dude, Melissandra. That should really be her release skin.

Mang

Recruiter

03-28-2013

Totally the ice witch wewt!

Ransom

Creative Designer

03-28-2013

Guys, I have an idea! Listen - I think there's a distinct possibility that this woman may be not acting in a manner that is entirely consistent with her words. It's almost as if she is engaging in some form of deception, perhaps. I don't know - just a random thought that just occurred to me. Feel free to disregard.

Ecclesias

03-28-2013

Oh, I wonder who's the Ice Witch.... /rollseyes