How to zoom out more?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Buizel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2010

I play regularly on my laptop, and I have never had a problem with how close I felt the screen was to my character.

I played a game last night on a desktop, and it felt like it was SO zoomed in that it felt almost unplayable. I obviously tried to scroll further out using the mouse, and that made no difference. I could zoom in then back out to the 'maximum' distance, but it still felt really close. I tried making the HUD scale smaller, but it just made my summoner icons and spells a lot smaller. I also tried to increase the resolution, but it was already at the biggest one also.

Overall, i have no idea what to do and it's totally different on my laptop. Is there some way I can zoom out even more?

Arizel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2010

your resolution is different on both of your machines. Try to increase your resolution for your desktop.

Necks

11-05-2010

It's most likely because of your desktop monitor's resolution compared to your laptop screen.

Try changing the resolution in-game through the Video settings. Here is an example of 1080P resolution with maximized zoom-out.

[turley]O0A1al63Umk[/turley]

Truhls

11-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizel View Post
your resolution is different on both of your machines. Try to increase your resolution for your desktop.
wouldnt that be the other way around?

also lol@gaming on a laptop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necks View Post
It's most likely because of your desktop monitor's resolution compared to your laptop screen.

Try changing the resolution in-game through the Video settings. Here is an example of 1080P resolution.

Yeah lets use youtube in at max 480p to show what 1080p looks like. What he should be looking at is the aspect ratio.

Necks

11-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truhls View Post

Yeah lets use youtube in at max 480p to show what 1080p looks like. What he should be looking at is the aspect ratio.
The 1080P in-game video settings changes the amount of screen estate you have when playing. Recording at 480P only changes the quality but not the actual screen estate. I sometimes like recording at lower res for the improved FPS while playing.

True 1080P HD quality for your viewing pleasure:

[turley]ULHfpsaHTS8[/turley]

Buizel

11-05-2010

Quote:

Try changing the resolution in-game through the Video settings. Here is an example of 1080P resolution with maximized zoom-out.

the video was still a good example of how I want it to look, like on my laptop. I already tried to change my resolution on both the game and desktop. They are both at the maximum of 1280x1024.

Truhls

11-05-2010

Quote:
The 1080P in-game video settings changes the amount of screen estate you have when playing. Recording at 480P only changes the quality but not the actual screen estate. I sometimes like recording at lower res for the improved FPS while playing.

True 1080P HD quality for your viewing pleasure:

[turley]ULHfpsaHTS8[/turley]
aspect ratio, eg, "screen estate".

pyrokinetiq

11-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truhls View Post

lol @ gaming on lol on a laptop.