@Riot - We need a FEMALE champion from Zaun...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nuclear Dragon

03-29-2013

I actually made a champion concept that is a female from Zuan.
Zinaida, the Infiltrator.
UPON SELECTION: "Out of the shadows and into the spotlight. Let's put on a show to die for."

Zinaida is a failed scientist turned spy. She uses a powerful pain-inducing truth serum that she reverse engineered from Dr. Mundo's research in order to interrogate her victims. Infiltrating the League is both business and pleasure. She gets the fame she always wanted while getting closer to the League's champions, summoners, and politicians for her own agenda. She's also into fashion and likes to show off.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...hlight=zinaida

Really appreciate if you took a look!

The Itis

03-29-2013

Last female I saw from Zaun was the one Urgot carried (but only in his splash art)

Smited Your Mom

03-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclear Dragon View Post
I actually made a champion concept that is a female from Zuan.
Zinaida, the infiltrator.
UPON SELECTION: "Out of the shadows and into the spotlight. Let's put on a show to die for."

Zinaida is a failed scientist turned spy. She uses a powerful pain-inducing truth serum which was reverse engineered from Dr. Mundo's research in order to extract information. Infiltrating the League is both business and pleasure. She gets the fame she always wanted while getting closer to the League's champions, summoners, and politicians for her own agenda. She's also into fashion and likes to show off.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...hlight=zinaida

Let me know what you guys think!

I actually, really, really, really like that.

a lot.

Mughi of Ruckus

03-29-2013

In my mind I imagine her as having started out being called crazy by others for her work, to which she would say, "I'm not crazy, but this is science! Progress! We must be willing to be brave!" But now she would just respond, "Crazy? Hahaha, ohhh, what a thing to throw around."

*brief pause with an eerily knowing look*

"I'm your very definition of the word."

Nuclear Dragon

03-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindAeris View Post
I actually, really, really, really like that.

a lot.
Why, thank you. I had to do a decent amount of research into LoL lore to get hers right, haha. In Zuan, sabotage and espionage are common practice because competition is fierce. It's only natural for someone to emerge from Zuan who is the best at just that.

Her reason to join the League is also convincing, and she provides a sharp visual contrast to what Zuan champions we already have while remaining true to the theme and ideals of Zuan.

rumples

03-30-2013

janna needs a pre-zaun defection skin

Nuclear Dragon

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumples View Post
janna needs a pre-zaun defection skin
Does Hextech Janna count? I think that skin is supposed to be what she would look like if she never left Zuan and used hextech instead of magic.

Darklightning

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
I very much like the idea of a jetpack champion actually. I love it as a trope. I'm huge into the Rocketeer sort of motif ala the Disney movie. However, if I had my druthers I'd probably place such a champion in Piltover, since the deco style that's most associated with jetpacks, or so I feel, and the personality of such a champion, to me at least, jives a bit more with Piltover. Sleek, sort of hotshot, and more along the lines of the goden age of flight.

Zaun feels very haphazard, more psychopathic. I feel that maybe a more cool and collected Asami Sato sort of character would fit nicely into the jetpack/ace flyer zone than a mad scientist from Zaun, but that's just me! I think there's a lot of opportunity in Zaun, but my inclination is to turn that up to an eleven, embrace the complete crazy, and use the arsenal of story telling elements and mechanics that Zaun has to offer in all it's zaniness.
So... pole vaulting champion that is a melee stick toting counterpoint to Wukong? Perhaps her ULT can knock that spinning monkey away like Lee Sin.

Darklightning

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Depends what sort of portal technology. Personally I'd find such a mechanism to be derived more organically, rather than technologically. That might sound weird, but I don't so much see a portal gun or other such tech coming along. That said, the mechanic being used in abilities or mechanics sounds fascinating.

I think portals in our IP probably would fall more under magic than technology.
Oh yes please... I think a champion with the ability to create two portals that allowed for travel between both would be awesome... how to prevent it from being OP? Make the range of them be indicative of the cost (1 mana point for every 2 range points or something like that) this would prevent him from spamming loads of champions through it.... sorry brain going haywire at the idea.

99delusions

04-01-2013

Basara Kubikiri from the Samurai Showdown series as inspiration imo.