@Riot - We need a FEMALE champion from Zaun...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerglinator

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
I actually really love Viktor! In fact, I think we could even go further with him on his base level. I feel we didn't quite bring him as far as he could be thematically and visually.

Even Viktor I feel has a little too much human going on with him. Not enough enhancements and not nearly chunky enough. I've like to sell that fantasy even more! Make him a real match, something pervertedly over the top.
Wait, I like how he looks.

Daedälus

03-28-2013

Quote:
Whoa, I never thought of that. I do have a problem with the "suit syndrom" where we have the opportunity to push a character more to the abstract.
please answer my question up top? please?

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

03-28-2013
10 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManDudeMcDudeman View Post
By "more chunky" and "over the top" I assume you mean something more akin to say, the Adeptus Mechanicus from Warhammer 40,000? More exposed wires, larger, bulkier prosthetics, etc.?

I like that kind of art style, but I feel like Viktor's fine the way he is. His humanity, even after his transformation, is what endears him to me. It'd make for a great skin, but changing his base skin would seem wrong to me. There's nothing wrong with him as he is visually.

Not implying that you're going to, but I felt like I had to say it.
No, not that grotesque. Viktor's human silhouette is necessary, but I feel it could be a little more impactful.

exe3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-28-2013

Quote:
I actually really love Viktor! In fact, I think we could even go further with him on his base level. I feel we didn't quite bring him as far as he could be thematically and visually.

Even Viktor I feel has a little too much human going on with him. Not enough enhancements and not nearly chunky enough. I've like to sell that fantasy even more! Make him a real match, something pervertedly over the top.
I'd rather you guys stop recreating all the characters I like thank you very much. Maybe do a skin to show the chunkiness you want but don't do another remake. All he needs is the passive enhancements and he'll be in tip top shape (he's already a great champ, just needs QoL).

Daithok

03-28-2013

Quote:
I very much like the idea of a jetpack champion actually. I love it as a trope. I'm huge into the Rocketeer sort of motif ala the Disney movie. However, if I had my druthers I'd probably place such a champion in Piltover, since the deco style that's most associated with jetpacks, or so I feel, and the personality of such a champion, to me at least, jives a bit more with Piltover. Sleek, sort of hotshot, and more along the lines of the goden age of flight.

Zaun feels very haphazard, more psychopathic. I feel that maybe a more cool and collected Asami Sato sort of character would fit nicely into the jetpack/ace flyer zone than a mad scientist from Zaun, but that's just me! I think there's a lot of opportunity in Zaun, but my inclination is to turn that up to an eleven, embrace the complete crazy, and use the arsenal of story telling elements and mechanics that Zaun has to offer in all it's zaniness.
Female Dr. Octavius came to mind when you were describing Zaun scientists. Could have a Hextech back pack with mecha-magical limbs etc, Would include Lab coat goggles and quite possibly exploding beakers of weaponized DOOOOOOOM!

Djiimon

03-28-2013

She should related to either Viktor or Singed.

Bimbo ButtCheeks

03-28-2013

Quote:

i love viktor but i feel like hes really skinny.I'd also would like a skin for him plz

Daedälus

03-28-2013

Quote:
No, not that grotesque. Viktor's human silhouette is necessary, but I feel it could be a little more impactful.
Please dont make me beg... i need that question to be answered so i can sleep at night...
the question is on page 11

Edit: or do you only answer the senior members...

simplyskyler

03-28-2013

Quote:

As a Viktor fan, I must say...this sounds freaking awesome. I totally agree that Viktor is a bit sleek for a Zaunite. I mean, for a dude who turns himself into a machine there is way too much human about him. What's the point in replacing your piddling weak human fleshy bits if you don't go above and beyond with your shiny new metal bits of doom? If Viktor could be awesome and efficient with two arms, think of him with four shiny arms of metal doom! Or twelve! Or like, 3 heads?! GAAAH, SO MANY OPTIONS!

JOIN THE GLORIOUS EVOLUTION!

Edit: As a non-insane sidenote, a similar mechanic to Kha's changing model with his evolutions would be interesting to see as maybe a skin for Viktor depending on what he upgrades his item to.

Aacey

03-28-2013

so speaking of female zaunians wheres bilgewater janna moar parrots moar