For the last time, let's set the record straight: IF YOU JUNGLE, TAKE SMITE.

1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ruurk

Senior Member

03-28-2013

Can't imagine why you wouldn't want to bring smite, but it still isn't necessary. What is necessary is that you ward dragon and baron before you attempt them. Because, regardless of having smite, you can still get dragon and baron stolen.

I stole baron on Janna yesterday using my Q because their jungler missed smite. Missing smite is pretty common. You can't account for the pace at which your party does damage, making you use it early or sometimes not getting it off in time.

Don't blame your jungler for missing smite or not having it. Blame yourself and your team for not warding/counter-warding properly before attempting dragon/baron.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HandyMan62

Senior Member

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAlexSTER View Post
Depends on the champion more than the role in this case (for example shaco doesn't need it)
No no, as a shaco main and sitting around a 70% win rate with him in rank, you will just be gimping your intiate clear time and since you have the fastest clear time you should be abusing this by IE: ganking a lane quickly or taking their own red/blue buff.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EzeWong

Senior Member

03-28-2013

People overestimate the power of smite for baron and dragon.

I remember this guy was like "Oh we can't dragon because smite isn't up".

As long as you ward properly and have eyes and ears over the map, you will not get your dragon/baron stolen.

As for smite itself I do pick it up. But I'm not going to be a dumb sheeple and say that it's ASBOLUTELY necessary for a jungler to have. For a while in season 2 I took surge with master Yi and I could solo dragon faster and safer than any smite would help out.

Continue to say Smite is mandatory, but if you do, you're gonna be a sheeple all your life and you're never going to experiment beyond what people tell you. And with that... you can never be the best. You'll be a third rate follower like everyone else.

Being a good player means you entertain possibilities, not shut them down.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcane Azmadi

Senior Member

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAlexSTER View Post
Depends on the champion more than the role in this case (for example shaco doesn't need it)
Didn't I tell you to shut up? I'm sure I told you to shut up. Just in case I didn't, here it is again: shut up. You're wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyFromAbove View Post
people can do what the hell they want you nazi son of a *****
Absolutely, and if you like losing, being bad and generally sucking you go right ahead. Noob.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Firefang Warwick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-28-2013

It can work out, but its very risky to not take smite for objectives.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lycaeus

Senior Member

03-28-2013

While smiteless jungle does allow for an extra summoner's, it also opens up the possibility to have your golem, lizard, dragon and baron kills stolen.

Nothing sucks more ass than going after baron, and the enemy jungle shaco flashing in, smite-stealing the kill and hohohooooo away.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EzeWong

Senior Member

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane Azmadi View Post
Didn't I tell you to shut up? I'm sure I told you to shut up. Just in case I didn't, here it is again: shut up. You're wrong.

Absolutely, and if you like losing, being bad and generally sucking you go right ahead. Noob.

You are being toxic, stop it dude, seriously.

Give reasons instead of generalizations this isn't YOUR forum. People are allowed to express themselves.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcane Azmadi

Senior Member

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzeWong View Post
You are being toxic, stop it dude, seriously.

Give reasons instead of generalizations this isn't YOUR forum. People are allowed to express themselves.
Fair enough, fair enough.

But like I said, this isn't a debate. We've been over this a MILLION times before (DISCLAIMER: not an accurate estimation of the number of times we've been over this before). It's established FACT. Smite is best for jungling. There IS no argument. All the reasons have been stated, all the points have been made, and the bads just keep ignoring them, which shouldn't be any surprise because they're bad.

This isn't me trying to convince anyone. This is me laying down the law, because it IS law. The community has spoken many, MANY times. Jungle=Smite. The end.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PurpleRanger92

Member

03-28-2013

Smite is the best summoner spell in the ****ing game


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bumhunt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-28-2013

close minded baddie

lets play a custom and I'll non smite out jungle you every time


1234567 ... 9