Who is the best character for ARAM

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AwesomeCookiePie

03-28-2013

I have been playing for a while, but I really can't find out who is the best character in ARAM. All the characters I used are either not that good or suck a lot. Can someone please help me???

Beravin

03-28-2013

Most champions are pretty good in their own way, but granted, some just stand above the rest. I think Jayce is the undisputed master of ARAM at the moment - he pretty much has everything you need to do well.

Kalarepa

03-28-2013

Heim and Sona have around 66% win ratio since the release of PG, I'd go with them. Their job isn't really "visible" for most of the players, they don't get bilion kills, etc. But they do A LOT in game.Heim is the master of pushing, while Sona is the mistress of sustainability (yes, she does heal more than Soraka). They also do a lot of other important things, like nice harass, AoE CC, auras.

innervation

03-28-2013

Well in ARAM you're stuck with who you get (insert pithy comment about dodging here). Just learn to maximize your effectiveness with whoever you get.

I could write a big long list of good aram champs, and why they're good, but you still have to play them correctly/well. You could random Lux, buy Sorc shoes and 7 health pots to start, and miss all your 'q's and it doesn't mean a thing how good the champions kit is.

One thing you could try is communicating with your team in pregame chat about who is going AD versus AP, and who plans on building tanky. If you can fulfill a role that your team is lacking, it will help your chances of winning.

MrazJason

03-28-2013

nidalee when you have good teammates.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-28-2013

Since it is ARAM, the best/worst champion is somewhat irrelevant right?

However, the top tier champs are the following:

-- Jayce: Very powerful poke, easy to hit with, not too mana hungry. (tear is sufficient). Long CD though. Very safe. Gapcloser/Knockback lets him 'guard' team vs engagers with gapclosers. Lategame his autoattacks are very powerful with Hypercharge, Murumana, and either his AD/Apen from Cleaver,Last Whisper, Ghostblade, or Inf Edge. This keeps him strong even when poke starts phasing out somewhat.

-- Nidalee: Very safe to play, hard hitting poke with fast CD. Thats her main benefit. Traps are great for bush superiority and drop enemy armor/MR significantly too. Once she has Athenes from chalice upgrade, her heals are pretty nice too, and significantly boost autoattackers. Cougar form is good for chasing, escaping, and ability to do some bursty melee in certain opportunities. The main thing she needs is mana regen..even Athenes isnt quite enough to power spear spam and traps and heals.

-- Blitzcrank - Fulfills the tank role, by being Tanky AP in most cases since his Shield is based on mana. Hence Tear,Rod are quite workable for him. Grab is the best initiator in the game and can make a huuuuge impact on the game. His knockup and AoE nuke/silence give him even more CC. His built in turbo-speed allow him to move in and grab someone pretty fast, making him a strong threat.

I believe those are the top 3 champs that nobody will really seriously debate. There are quite a few other top tier champs such as Alistar (heals, tanks very well, good CC), Lux (good range, snares, AoE, nukes, range), Taric (great heals, excellent damage soak, STUN, aura benefit), Soroka/Sona (Heals, auras), etc.

Theungry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-28-2013

All of the above are very good. Really anyone with: hard CC, poke, heal, or zone control is good on ARAM. The only bad heroes are the ones that really need to get up close and personal to accomplish anything, but lack a significant gap closer (Udyr for example).

At the end of the day, the total team comp is a lot more important than individual champs, though. If all your damage is AP, it doesn't matter how strong your early game poke is. By mid game everyone on the other team will have enough MR to laugh at max range Nid spears. Blitz pulls don't help if the opposing team is: Karthus, Rammus, Shen, Sivir, Lulu.

Also, a lot of people will look too much at KDA as a measure of value. If you're Alistar for example, you could have a lot higher KDA charging into the fray, but your winning % will be much better if you hang back and peel for an AD carry.

KaXaSA51

03-28-2013

imo if you know how to play kass he is by far one of the strongest champions in aram..

While it's easier to play nidalee and throw spears everywhere, zilean is one of the most annoying champions in aram... 700 range double bombs (AoE & targetable skill) + movement speed (de)buff + revive + everything on a ridiculous low cd..

blitz is amazing if you have another champion with hard cc and (or) melee champions in your team

but in the end depending on your team/ enemy team comp even nidalee/blitz can be a bad pick..

Greydrus

03-28-2013

Twisted Fate and Pantheon have the ability to drop in on top of the enemy team. That can be quite brutal if they're already engaged in a team fight and don't see it coming.

Dr Sippy Cup

03-28-2013

Ashe