Diana and Leona: Are the Sun and Moon at war?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MasqureMan

03-27-2013

Since Diana is powered by the Moon and Leona by the Sun and they feel the need to be constant enemies (understandably with Diana being seen as a heretic and having killed Leona's elders/masters?), are we supposed to also believe that the Sun and the Moon themselves are in opposition?

Naked Malzahar

03-27-2013

As we know, the Solari secluded all knowledge of the Lunari in their archives. Apparently they did not want anyone to know of them. Perhaps the Solari defeated the Lunari ages ago and slayed every member of the order.

Oh and that picture Diana looks at at her reveal shot. It shows the Sun incarnation overthrow the Moon incarnation into the abyss of darkness or something. So it is safe to assume there was conflict.

And now, Diana massacred the elder Solari and escaped. I guess the other Solari will vow for execution of Diana, though I am not sure on how Leona will react, with her 'defensive' view on the world.

Oh and what is also interesting for me. Will the Rakkor tribes assist the Solari? I'd love to see them helping those who live at the top of Targon. Though in such case, Diana would be seriously outmatched by the Solari warriors (if they have any), Rakkor fighters, and finally Leona and Pantheon.

Feindbild

04-07-2013

To add to that, Diana only wanted to be accepted for liking the moon, and when she found proof of the Lunari, she thought they would accept her, since she had proof of other moon worshipers. Instead they called her a heretic and ordered her execution. Part of me feels that they did this because proof that the Lunari existed challenged the authority of the Solari elders and they didn't want anyone to ever know about it.
My guess is that she didn't find the mural where it shows the Solari champion beating the Lunari champion till after she was free, otherwise she probably would have known it was a bad idea.

Interestingly though, if you play a bot match as Diana and get against a Leona bot, they will say "You will pay for your heresy, Diana", so my guess is that given the chance Leona would actually try to kill Diana, even though Diana is clearly the one who was right and was wronged.

OriginalA

04-07-2013

I agree that the pic with Diana before the mural is after she went on her killing spree. If you look around, there are alot of destroyed Solari symbols and she is in her armor. There are only two places where she wore that armor before she joined the League that we know of, and that is at the Lunari temple where she found them and the Solari temple, which she basically destroyed. Lunari temple would probably have Lunar symbols and there would be nobody to make the mural. Must be in the Solari temple then. I also agree that they sentenced her to death because she actually found proof of the Lunari.
-
Also, I did not know that Leona had a sound clip for attacking Diana. That's cool. I like that. I'm glad that's there.