Udyr's changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lupus Alatus

03-27-2013

Anyone have PBE feedback on the changes? I don't have Udyr anymore but he was one of my first and favorite junglers. On paper, i see the new passive being as useful as Ashe's or Sion's. A Phoenix buff, Unchanged Tiger and the turtle mana change practically making lane Udyr useless.

Lupus Alatus

03-27-2013

Stupid mobile. Sorry, this was supposed to be at GD.

WhiteSmoke420

03-28-2013

i think if used with the manamu the mana sword item this could be one of the most feard champs now and willl change the bans in ranked for good. he is going to be so fast and hard hiittting now you wont even be able to get away from this chammp if used in the right hands i for one can not wait too play him now seeing that he is my main jungle champ and i just love what he can do. all put in the fact that they put down all his mana cost so he will not burn mana as fast anymore!! jungle udyr all im saying treat him like amumu gank and this this champs blue shut him down early or he will get out of hand.

MDCityKILLER

03-28-2013

lol hes not going to be one of the most "feard" champs in 3s. Sure he might do a little more damage but he is loosing ALOT of tankyness. TT is just a tank fight and udyrs base value on his abilities arent high enough to be a bruiser without having some kind of armor/mr buff which he just lost. He will be played as an assassin or hybrid possibly.

ShadeNexis

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDCityKILLER View Post
lol hes not going to be one of the most "feard" champs in 3s. Sure he might do a little more damage but he is loosing ALOT of tankyness. TT is just a tank fight and udyrs base value on his abilities arent high enough to be a bruiser without having some kind of armor/mr buff which he just lost. He will be played as an assassin or hybrid possibly.

MD is right his new passive took all the fight outta him really I mean that with turtle shield would keep him alive and now it wont really and dont give me that "Oh well he can crit in turtle now" How offten do you even see crit Udyr going off?! I mean Ill build him a phantom and infy but still thats like what roughly 40% chance to crit at most and with them taking thron mail our of 3's it made 3's a stright tank / fighter beat down map they have going on!

With these changes I feel as if Udyr is going to be used now purely like an assassin cause his passive just makes him fast as **** now and with turtle giving the chance to crit you know were gonna have alot of *******s going udyr and playing him like he was a Kha or Eve or something along those lines!

With R I honestly feel like were gonna also get alot of AP udyrs running around with there thumbs up there arses spamming E Q R combo for maxium ap damage from R ugh this is just ugh idk I love Udyr alot and I love to jungle him but I think this is just gonna throw off his survivability by alot!

WhiteSmoke420

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadeNexis View Post
MD is right his new passive took all the fight outta him really I mean that with turtle shield would keep him alive and now it wont really and dont give me that "Oh well he can crit in turtle now" How offten do you even see crit Udyr going off?! I mean Ill build him a phantom and infy but still thats like what roughly 40% chance to crit at most and with them taking thron mail our of 3's it made 3's a stright tank / fighter beat down map they have going on!

With these changes I feel as if Udyr is going to be used now purely like an assassin cause his passive just makes him fast as **** now and with turtle giving the chance to crit you know were gonna have alot of *******s going udyr and playing him like he was a Kha or Eve or something along those lines!

With R I honestly feel like were gonna also get alot of AP udyrs running around with there thumbs up there arses spamming E Q R combo for maxium ap damage from R ugh this is just ugh idk I love Udyr alot and I love to jungle him but I think this is just gonna throw off his survivability by alot!
my opinion i will always run ad udyr **** ap with the new crit to turtle **** is going down next time i play him i love they they didnt ****ing with his tiger this means my udyr will still come out on top i can wait to try full damige build with this new change to him.

Realyst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-28-2013

New Udyr seems so bad that it makes it even worse than it was before. Old passive was 12% bonus armor and MR, now +15 ms (i.e. a ****ty Alacrity boots enchant)? Old Turtle was infinite mana and flat HP return, now it's 10-18% lifesteal (which for half the game is worse than a Doran's blade passive)? Udyr is forced to either build tank and do bad damage, or build damage to make Turtle not worthless and get 3-shot while locked in CC. Speaking of which, why would one swap to Tiger from Turtle, lose 40% attack speed, to gain 18% lifesteal? If you build a Grez and Ruined King Blade, that's an actual LOSS of hp gained per minute!

Seriously, Riot is bad at game design. They didn't even bother to account of Udyr's complete failure when being kited, which was what the remake was supposed to be about in the first place.

Henry Plainview

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Logan View Post
New Udyr seems so bad that it makes it even worse than it was before. Old passive was 12% bonus armor and MR, now +15 ms (i.e. a ****ty Alacrity boots enchant)? Old Turtle was infinite mana and flat HP return, now it's 10-18% lifesteal (which for half the game is worse than a Doran's blade passive)? Udyr is forced to either build tank and do bad damage, or build damage to make Turtle not worthless and get 3-shot while locked in CC. Speaking of which, why would one swap to Tiger from Turtle, lose 40% attack speed, to gain 18% lifesteal? If you build a Grez and Ruined King Blade, that's an actual LOSS of hp gained per minute!

Seriously, Riot is bad at game design. They didn't even bother to account of Udyr's complete failure when being kited, which was what the remake was supposed to be about in the first place.
The resistances were only added 2 months ago and were removed because they were not helpful at all, I would much rather have movespeed. The HP return on Turtle has not changed since August 2011 and has never returned a flat amount of anything, you were hallucinating. I don't always buy BOTRK and Grez, so there you go.