Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So is Mordekaiser's Ult bugged or what?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ffca

11-05-2010

Quote:
Katorian:
Most I've seen is its working as intended.

It just does not look like it. Its frustrating. I dropped Grave/Ignite on a level 5 Kayle with 275 health, she lived on no health from using a mere potion. Really... A Potion > Children Of The Grave.

Before anyone asks, this was in a practice game and my mate was the Kayle. I wanted to see something and asked him not to heal. He was in my vision the whole time.

He did not heal.

It seems instead of dropping ult+ignite at 15-20% as before on a non-healing champ, I have to do it at 10% now for a guaranteed kill. Working as intended?

Voidgolem

11-05-2010

Dunno about that, generally when I ult somebody that low the impact damage kills them outright.

It's when the initial damage isn't enough that issues occur

Beravin

11-05-2010

From a matchcraft point of view it is, its doing the damage it should. The problem is the extended duration on Grave, it leaves more room for potions/fortitude/regeneration/magic resist.

I really cant stand the change. In the time it takes for the ulti to finish a champion could get off two heals easy. And its not like clicking a potion is all that difficult. IThe change really is quite annoying

Edit for Void. I expected the initial damage to kill them myself, thats why I used it in the first place. The potion was used as soon as I ignited. So it was in effect at the start of the combination.

If the kill is not claimed during ignite, dont expect it at all. Thats how I look at it anyways, the only times I have gotten kills outside this is if they dont have a potion, or dident use it.

I forgot to mention, he was running magic resist runes.

icewyrm

11-05-2010

Yeah, pretty sure the dot part of the ult is bugged. Or else is so weak and strung out that it's worthless.

Getting used to dropping it on someone with low health (with 30+ Magic pen,and vs someone stacking no MR), seeing their health drop to almost nothing, and then watching them happily walk away while the last bit deals 17 per tick.

I guess it might be useful as a single target slow now, if they don't cleanse or whatever out of it. But a 10 second single target slow seems kinda crappy for an ult

HGT Lancelen

11-05-2010

If you look the patch note, the ulti was totally a buff. but if you look at the way it work now, It's totally not. and no, it's not because of the extended duration. It clearly because the Dots seem to proc current HP instead of max Hp like someone above mentioned.

LostMK

11-05-2010

Quote:
talkimas:
the dot portion seems to be doing current hp instead of maximum atm.

riot please fix this

ffca

11-05-2010

The DoT half affecting current health is such a huge ninja nerf. After the frontload dmg, the DoT would be equivalent to a ranged minion hitting you repeatedly.

Voidgolem

11-05-2010

I'm not so sure it's current HP either, because I have killed people with the dot portion (Admittedly, it was during my 830 AP Bot Theorycrafting session, but if it were based on current HP such a dot would never actually kill anyone)

*shrug*

Consider: Ulting a 1500 HP carry of some description, right? Ult deals...I forget, 24%, let's say. 12% right off the bat is 180 damage, before magic resist.

the other 12% over 10 seconds boils down to 18 damage a tick - the issue is that that is a really gimpy dot.

Beravin

11-05-2010

I dont think its that at all. The damage is there, its just strung out over time so it looks like its based on current health. If you check, the damage is the same each tick - if it was based on current health then the ticks would be going down.

Also, not to be a jerk, but I dont see how you consider the ultimate a buff. Lower damage on ghost, no on hit effects for the ghost, less statistics both ways, longer duration (which is not good) and a many other changes.

The only thing I really like is the burst healing it offers in a one on one situation. But that merely makes up for our inability to shield off one target. Not a buff at all really, looks more like a nerf to me.

Drukai

11-05-2010

Quote:
Voidgolem:
I'm not so sure it's current HP either, because I have killed people with the dot portion (Admittedly, it was during my 830 AP Bot Theorycrafting session, but if it were based on current HP such a dot would never actually kill anyone)

*shrug*

Consider: Ulting a 1500 HP carry of some description, right? Ult deals...I forget, 24%, let's say. 12% right off the bat is 180 damage, before magic resist.

the other 12% over 10 seconds boils down to 18 damage a tick - the issue is that that is a really gimpy dot.

Current at time of cast it could kill people. I've seen it ticking for 4 damage on a chogath with full stacks. Last match I hit a Garen with ult/ignite 3 times while he was under 300 hp, every single time he managed to get out with under 100 hp. He had NO MR gear on.

Something is broken with it. I couldn't begin to guess what it is, but it is broken. Certainly feels like the issue is the DoT is carrying off of current (at time of cast), instead of total health.

That said, character passives are active on the ghost, and if thats an unintended bug, I'd much rather have it dealing really low damage and keep the passive effects. Because its really funny to see my Pantheon Ghost block attacks, and my group had a LeBlanc ghost use her passive, which was hysterical. but it could turn it into a really neat ultimate if you let the CotG keep abilities.